Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mets trade Oliver Perez for Scott Linebrink.

Jets Insider VIP

Mets trade Oliver Perez for Scott Linebrink.

They just said on ESPN Perez was a Met for a long time.

Hall Of Fame
    HAHAHAA ! Oh man u guys messed up on this one ...great job!

Trade did not happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    No we didnt actually Linebrink is very good even ESPN said the bullpen that just look shook up is now startng to come around with Hernandez and Linebrink.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechadzone10
    HAHAHAA ! Oh man u guys messed up on this one ...great job!
    Not at all...They basically traded Nady for 2 solid relief pitchers..

Relief pitching does not come cheap..And Chavez will do fine..The guy has a much higher average then Nady and brings even more speed to the lineup..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel
    Trade did not happen.
    What do you mean.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Greg Maddux era in Chicago is over.

The Cubs traded their former ace to the Dodgers on Monday in exchange for Cesar Izturis, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reported.

The Dodgers also acquired shortstop Julio Lugo from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in exchange for highly-touted minor league prospect Joel Guzman and fellow minor-leaguer Sergio Pedroza, Stark reported.

Lugo will play second base for a while Jeff Kent is sidelined by an oblique injury and will reassess his position when Kent returns.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mets | Linebrink acquired
    Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:27:37 -0700

ESPNews reports the New York Mets acquired RP Scott Linebrink from the San Diego Padres for SP Oliver Perez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can someone explain to an out-of-towner what is going on today? Sanchez gets hurt in Miami...Nady is traded for Perez and Hernandez, then Perez is traded for Linebrick? Is that the bottom line? Basically, Nady for Linebrick and Hernandez?

Jets Insider VIP
    W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR BB SO
    2006 6 2 3.78 48 0 0 0 1 7 50.0 46 21 21 9 16 44
    Career 24 8 3.12 288 6 0 0 2 18 346.2 310 130 120 36 128 304

What do you mean, we messed this up?

Omar did a great job... With teams most likely knowing about the accident and how we are desperate, Omar came through and got essentially 2 of the best Relievers on the market for Nady.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine

Omar did a great job... With teams most likely knowing about the accident and how we are desperate, Omar came through and got essentially 2 of the best Relievers on the market for Nady.
    anybody have any info on linebrick.....set up man? throws hard? does he have an out pitch?

thanks

no one else is reporting that the mets got linebrick so i dont think it really happened. maddog said he talked to jay horwitz not too long ago and he said that the mets are done for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Mets | Linebrink acquired
    Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:27:37 -0700

ESPNews reports the New York Mets acquired RP Scott Linebrink from the San Diego Padres for SP Oliver Perez.
    Trade has not happened. No word on WFAn or the Mets or ESPNEWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine

Omar did alright today considering the mess in front of him, but I said before the season that we looked like a team that could dominate the regular season but was a big SP short of being a World Series team. We did not get that SP today. Personally, I would have given Milledge plus for Oswalt or Heilman plus for Schmidt.

Schluberator & Gadfly

Thank God!

In Perez, the Mets get a potential ace who has not been able to harness his outstanding stuff. In 15 starts with Pittsburgh this season, the 24-year-old was 2-10 with a 6.63 ERA in 15 starts before getting shipped to Triple-A Indianapolis. In his last start in the minors on Saturday, Perez yielded eight runs and five hits in 1/3 of an inning.

Did the Padres miss this article on ESPN? I'm glad they did!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel
    Trade has not happened. No word on WFAn or the Mets or ESPNEWS.
    Are you high lol I heard it on espn news.

Quote Originally Posted by NY_80
    no one else is reporting that the mets got linebrick so i dont think it really happened. maddog said he talked to jay horwitz not too long ago and he said that the mets are done for the day.

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wi...and_linebrink/

supposidly a done deal

Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Are you high lol I heard it on espn news.
    No trade I have Espn News in the Office and nothing.

Only trade is the Nady trade.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    In Perez, the Mets get a potential ace who has not been able to harness his outstanding stuff. In 15 starts with Pittsburgh this season, the 24-year-old was 2-10 with a 6.63 ERA in 15 starts before getting shipped to Triple-A Indianapolis. In his last start in the minors on Saturday, Perez yielded eight runs and five hits in 1/3 of an inning.

Did the Padres miss this article on ESPN? I'm glad they did!
    its all about potential and this guys has a ton of it...i thought the mets were gonna try and turn him around b/c a year or two ago he looked like a Santana type-player...