Thread: pennington's arm is a joke

pennington's arm is a joke

today was the first day of my mini camp at HS, and every QB on the roster can throw the ball further than chad. The starting qb can throw 60 yards flat footed, and is a junior he's 14 years younger than him. and today when i was running a 2 on 1 drill (2 wr's and 1 db) the second string qb who's a sophmore bombed it to me 50 yards also flat footed. the ball felt like it was never going to come down with the air under it. the longest pass i have ever seen from chad was from the 50 to the goal line and that was the SD game. chad couldn't beat a HS QB in a throwing contest.

Lets see if that JR. that throws it 60 flat footed could do the same after TWO shoulder surgeries.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Well, so far Chad and his joke of an arm are beating out every other QB in training camp.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine
    today was the first day of my mini camp at HS, and every QB on the roster can throw the ball further than chad. The starting qb can throw 60 yards flat footed, and is a junior he's 14 years younger than him. and today when i was running a 2 on 1 drill (2 wr's and 1 db) the second string qb who's a sophmore bombed it to me 50 yards also flat footed. the ball felt like it was never going to come down with the air under it. the longest pass i have ever seen from chad was from the 50 to the goal line and that was the SD game. chad couldn't beat a HS QB in a throwing contest.
    Wow I guess you can still beat the Jets your proving nothing.

Jets Insider VIP
    good for your HS buddies.

I was at camp today. I used to play qb and watched them all very closely. Chad's arm is pretty much the same at it has always been. He may have lost some zip but it is hard to tell. The problem that he is going to have will have very little to do with his velocity. The biggest issue these guys coming back from these surgeries will be their ability to withstand the pounding that NFL qb's endure. Enough with the weak arm already... That part of his game is going to be fine.

...which all in all strengthens the respect I have for Pennington. He's not really built to be an NFL QB, he's not necessarily blessed w/ the skills, yet he's somehow able to overcome the adversity. I'm a huge fan of his character and wish him the best next year, for which ever team he's playing for...as long as it's not the Jets

Must have been real easy for you to notice that a guy was throwing a 50 yard pass to you flat footed.
    Last edited by Conkboy; 07-31-2006 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ 1968
    Lets see if that JR. that throws it 60 flat footed could do the same after TWO shoulder surgeries.
    he couldn't throw before those 2 injuries

he couldn't throw before those 2 injuries
    O...so u are telling me that in 2002 chad pennington cud not throw? Wasnt he the most accurate passer that year............Being an NFL QB is NOT ALL ABOUT the arm strength...accuracy is a big thing too!!!!

not to mention chad didnt use steriods

Chad does not have arm. This is a fact. He makes up for it in other aspects of his game. However, there are certain things that we can not do with our offense because of his inability to stick it in tough spots at times when we really need it. Chad is Chad, you dont use Chad because of his arm strength.