Thread: Greg Maddux, Julio Lugo to the Dodgers

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Greg Maddux, Julio Lugo to the Dodgers

big news for Dodgers fans... I know is Buzz is on this board.

Maddux went to the Dodgers from the Cubs in exchange for fan favorite (at least I'm pretty sure people liked him) Cesar Izturis. To fill the hole at short, Julio Lugo was picked up from the DRays.

Pretty sure that Jeff Kent is on the DL though, so I guess it would be reasonable to think that Lugo will play 2B. Nomar is on the DL too, so the Dodgers have been struggling.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    big news for Dodgers fans... I know is Buzz is on this board.

Maddux went to the Dodgers from the Cubs in exchange for fan favorite (at least I'm pretty sure people liked him) Cesar Izturis. To fill the hole at short, Julio Lugo was picked up from the DRays.

Pretty sure that Jeff Kent is on the DL though, so I guess it would be reasonable to think that Lugo will play 2B. Nomar is on the DL too, so the Dodgers have been struggling.
    I really like the Lugo acquisition for L.A... was very surprised Toronto couldn't seal the deal. Maddux is 110% shot if you ask me... am very glad my Mets didn't make a push for him. Would rather take my chances with El Duque.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by broadwayjoe
    I really like the Lugo acquisition for L.A... was very surprised Toronto couldn't seal the deal. Maddux is 110% shot if you ask me... am very glad my Mets didn't make a push for him. Would rather take my chances with El Duque.

it's tough to predict how Maddux will react to this move to LA... I agree though, I don't think he's going to do well

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by broadwayjoe
    Toronto couldn't seal the deal because LA gave up a BIG TIME prospect to get him in Joel Guzman. To be fair though, he supposedly has some attitude problems, but there is no question he is incredibly talented. He was a top 30 prospect in all of baseball coming into this season.