Thread: News: Bannister Looks Good in 2nd Start

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

News: Bannister Looks Good in 2nd Start

09:21 AM - News: Bannister Looks Good in 2nd Start

...posted by Matthew Cerrone...

In his second rehab start, Brian Bannister allowed no runs on four hits over seven innings while walking none and striking out eight for Class-A St. Lucie last night…

This is Great news... maybe he can come back before the season is over and give us some quality starts. He definatly could use more time in the minors though.

I also heard he's been working on a new pitch while he's gone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    09:21 AM - News: Bannister Looks Good in 2nd Start

...posted by Matthew Cerrone...

In his second rehab start, Brian Bannister allowed no runs on four hits over seven innings while walking none and striking out eight for Class-A St. Lucie last night…

This is Great news... maybe he can come back before the season is over and give us some quality starts. He definatly could use more time in the minors though.

I also heard he's been working on a new pitch while he's gone.

Omar plans on having him back in the rotation. I just dont see how? Where do you put him?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    Omar plans on having him back in the rotation. I just dont see how? Where do you put him?
    Yeah, I agree...

Basically lets say he comes back with 20 games left to play at the earliest, there are two possible scenerios:

1) He pitches poorly and gets taken out of the rotation before playoffs, loses confidence.

2) He pitches well in 2 maybe 3 starts... are you gonna want him starting in the playoffs with just that behind him?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    Put Pelfrey back down.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Put Pelfrey back down.
    Pelfrey will be going back down, but this still leaves 5 pitchers... Martinez, Glavine, Hernandez, Trachsel and Maine. Plus Bannister which makes 6.

What will probably happen is that they may go 6 man again to see how Bannister pitaches a few games. If he doesn't do well... they'll send him back to the minors and the rotation will stay Martinez, Glavine, Hernandez, Trachsel and Maine.

If he does well, he'll be left in a rotation spot and either Hernandez or Maine (whoever is doing worse) gets moved into the pen for a long relief type role. Thus making the final rotation... Martinez, Glavine, Trachsel, Bannister, Hernandez/Maine with a high possibility of Maine being the starter and El Duque the reliever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Put Pelfrey back down.

Thats obvious.. I guess it will be up to Maine his next couple starts to see where we are at.