Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mets Wagner blows game again!

Mets Wagner blows game again!

What is up with this guy!I knew as soon as the headlines read that Sanchez was out for the season,I knew the bullpen is going to make the rest of the season interesting!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    First of all he hasnt blown a save in a while last couple of weeks he has been awesome.

Jets Insider VIP
    I couldn't believe it either. Give credit to the Marlin player, he hit a good fastball.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by brookshea
    What is up with this guy!I knew as soon as the headlines read that Sanchez was out for the season,I knew the bullpen is going to make the rest of the season interesting!
    Ain't nothing to sweat till the post season comes.

I thought the Mets were going to pull that one off. The ball pen did a good job getting to Wagner. That sucked

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'll give him a mulligan. Hot as Hades down there and he prolly wanted to get it over with quick. At least THAT worked out, lol.

glad i wasn't watching it anymore. i got pissed off when pelfrey gave up the lead. i think the mets are going to have a tough time making it to the world series with their starting pitching. omar really spit the bit not picking up a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMike
    I thought the Mets were going to pull that one off. The ball pen did a good job getting to Wagner. That sucked
    You mean "Bullpen"?

I'll give him a mulligan. Hot as Hades down there and he prolly wanted to get it over with quick. At least THAT worked out, lol.
    A save would have lasted just as long

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    glad i wasn't watching it anymore. i got pissed off when pelfrey gave up the lead. i think the mets are going to have a tough time making it to the world series with their starting pitching. omar really spit the bit not picking up a starter.
    Yeah I got pissed at Pelfrey too... he hung way too many pitches and wasn't getting the great movement that he is capable of. But he's just a kid... most highly touted prospects spend 2 - 3 years in the minors before being called up... he'll be sent back down to hone his game.

Omar had no choice once Sanchez went down. Otherwise, he was working on getting Oswalt and/or Schmidt (sp?). I still think we'll be getting Livan Hernandez off of waivers for this year and certanly expect a big name SP to be added in the offseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Wagner is fine.. What do you mean again? Look at most teams closers and see how many blown saves those teams have...Geez. id give wags the ball anynight in the 9th

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    I have no confidence that Wagner won't serve one up in the postseason.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Did you see the replay on that last pitch? Lo Duca set him up inside, and he threw it right across the fat part of the plate, just like at your local batting cage.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Did you see the replay on that last pitch? Lo Duca set him up inside, and he threw it right across the fat part of the plate, just like at your local batting cage.
    It was a meatball and you could see how frurstrated Loduca was after the game.

The guy has no changeup! He just throws that wild slider that hits batters, the only thing he has going is the fastball, and that too will start to go as he ages. I only hope he makes an effort to improve.

6 blown saves! 6! On pace for a BS for every mil he makes this year. His fastball is straight as hell.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    6 blown saves! 6! On pace for a BS for every mil he makes this year. His fastball is straight as hell.
    Dude you have a lead for days. Chill out! Your panicking with a team that has been blowing people out from left to right.He is not going to save every game.

Dude you have a lead for days. Chill out! Your panicking with a team that has been blowing people out from left to right.He is not going to save every game.
    Our best reliever is done and our 11 million dollar closer sucks.

I'm not talking about the lead, I'm talking about the closer. 6 blown saves through Aug 2nd is NOT acceptable.

All Pro
    It's gonna happen. Even the best (Mariano) have trouble sometimes.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Our best reliever is done and our 11 million dollar closer sucks.

I'm not talking about the lead, I'm talking about the closer. 6 blown saves through Aug 2nd is NOT acceptable.
    6 ?? I thought it was 5 ??

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    6 ?? I thought it was 5 ??
    the 4 run yankee meltdown