Thread: General: National Guard not combat ready

Banned

General: National Guard not combat ready

JetsInsider.com Legend
    another disgrace by the Bush administration

in 2000 this man Bush ran on a platform that Clinton abused and downgraded the Military - turns out after 6 years of Bush the Military is actually in worse condition under Bush than it ever was under Clinton.

flushingjet
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    another disgrace by the Bush administration

in 2000 this man Bush ran on a platform that Clinton abused and downgraded the Military - turns out after 6 years of Bush the Military is actually in worse condition under Bush than it ever was under Clinton.
    Sure.
    Whatever you say.

http://sayanythingblog.com/2006/03/2...sh_vs_clinton/
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/articles...le.asp?ID=7253

JetsInsider.com Legend
    i never said Clinton was a good or even decent president - what i said is that Bush has raped and pillaged the army such that it is in a worse shape than it was before he took office!

this man made campaign promises to strengthen the military, but he's only weakened it.

how about instead of reading 6 month old blog posts actually reading the news???

Two thirds of the Army's operating force, active and reserve, is now reporting in as unready.

There is not a single non-deployed Army Brigade Combat Team in the United States that is ready to deploy.

The bottom line is that our Army currently has no ready, strategic reserve. Not since the Vietnam era and its aftermath has the Army's readiness been so degraded.

flushingjet
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    i never said Clinton was a good or even decent president - what i said is that Bush has raped and pillaged the army such that it is in a worse shape than it was before he took office!

this man made campaign promises to strengthen the military, but he's only weakened it.

how about instead of reading 6 month old blog posts actually reading the news???
    When the chinese march 2 by 2 across the ocean
    it might begin to be relevant.
    Otherwise I'm confident our 15,000 warheads, navy and
    air force are up to defending us until the spare parts
    arrive

nitey-night