Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield will play first base...

Sheffield will play first base...

now that Abreu is in pinstripes, Shef apparently wants to play 1B, pretty much do anything to stay on the Yankees. here's the article:

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

Sheff, Abreu, and Giambi...

what a lovable team!

Three guys you really want to root for.

Between the three of them that should be enough steroid usage for the eastern seaboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine

what a lovable team!

Between the three of them that should be enough steroid usage for the eastern seaboard.
    Saying Bobby Abreu was on steroids is like saying Big Papi is on steroids.

Mets are gonna sign Sheff in the offseason

All Pro

what a lovable team!

Enough man! All you do is post nonsense whenever anything Yankee related is brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    Saying Bobby Abreu was on steroids is like saying Big Papi is on steroids.

I think a lot of guys were on steroids. Papi may have taken steroids... but honestly to me he seems like more of a "naturally" big dude... In addition to this he was always very big. There is little doubt in my mind Abreu did steroids... Go look on the internet for "Abreu Rookie Card" pictures and compare him then with him now.

It's a Giambi type development.

Quote Originally Posted by CMCorbet
    Enough man! All you do is post nonsense whenever anything Yankee related is brought up.
    I have been Yankee hating a little harder than usual lately, I will admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Mets are gonna sign Sheff in the offseason
    It would be a good signing for them. They'd win some more games, but of course the ever important lovability rating will plummett. Give and take I guess, give and take.

All Pro
    I have been Yankee hating a little harder than usual lately, I will admit.

Fair enough. At least you can admit it. Now how bout saving some of that emotion for the eventual subway series 2. haha.

It would be a good signing for them. They'd win some more games, but of course the ever important lovability rating will plummett. Give and take I guess, give and take.
    It would be a "good signing" ???

what are you on?

oh yeah, the Yankee kool aid.

what are you on?

I keep getting owned!
    fixed.

what are you on?

I have to disagree, it wouldn't be too bad, especially since we will need a right fielder next year.

But he's right about the other part too, Sheffield's a major jerk....

Sheffield is done.

His steroid soaked body is no longer capable of the production he once was man, and he's became injury prone. In addition to this he will demand a ton of money.

Even further, we have three guys I would much rather see in the outfield, Endy, Milledge, and Mini-Manny.

fixed.

Sheffield is done.

His steroid soaked body is no longer capable of the production he once was man, and he's became injury prone. In addition to this he will demand a ton of money.

Even further, we have three guys I would much rather see in the outfield, Endy, Milledge, and Mini-Manny.
    Endy's not an everyday player, Diaz has done nothing this year, and Millidge isn't Major League ready yet. Plus even if you start Millidge, Floyd's a joke. Sheff is clearly an upgrade.

Sheffield is done.

Code:
    AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO 
    231  87  320  27  74  15  0  8  33  113  22  87
    At AAA

He sucks

Endy's not an everyday player, Diaz has done nothing this year, and Millidge isn't Major League ready yet. Plus even if you start Millidge, Floyd's a joke. Sheff is clearly an upgrade.
    Floyd is a FA, he won't be back.

Milledge I believe is ML ready, he drew three walks last night, I think he will be great down the stretch.

Sheffield would come relitavley cheap compared to a Carlos Lee or Soriano.

2 years/12 million should do it

Sheff in RF
    Beltran in CF
    Lasto in LF

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Floyd is a FA, he won't be back.

Milledge I believe is ML ready, he drew three walks last night, I think he will be great down the stretch.

Sheffield would come relitavley cheap compared to a Carlos Lee or Soriano.

2 years/12 million should do it

Sheff in RF
    Beltran in CF
    Lasto in LF
    I hope you're right about Milledge, he's an exciting ball player to watch. But out of these guys, who would you want in RF next season:

Victor Diaz, Endy Chavez, or Gary Sheffield?

Sheffield is done.

Yea, if ur right, he'll really collapse once he comes to queens, is he stops taking the 'roids (if he is taking them) even the numbers he's producing now might go down the tube.