Thread: Do you have 'Pennington battered wife syndrome'?

Do you have 'Pennington battered wife syndrome'?

- You remember how sweet he was when you first met him.
    - After a brief 2002 honey moon, the physical injuries starting happening.
    - 2003 was a nightmare, but you thought, 'He can return to how he was before, I love him'
    - 2004 wasn't bad, maybe an offensive struggle at the end of the year. There was more pain. Someone ended up going to the doctor, because the physical injuries were back.
    - 2005 you were worried. There was another man in your life. After a couple of weeks without Chad, he rushed back to your arms to be your hero. Within weeks, the physical injuries were back. You were heartbroken yet again. You wanted a new man. A young man. It was time to move on in your life.
    - 2006 he shows up at your door again. You welcome him back with open arms, because this time he's really changed. And you're going to love him more than ever to prove it.

If this sounds like you, you may have Pennington battered wife syndrome.

There is no permanent cure. Just soak your brain in alcohol when it hurts too much.

:)

This post reeks of poor taste.

Don't joke about domestic violence brah.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=METER]This post reeks of poor taste.

Don't joke about domestic violence brah.[/QUOTE]

Stop...it's a funny post... he's not trying to insult anyone.

Banned
    Tyler Durden: Oh I get it, it's very clever.
    Narrator: Thank you.
    Tyler Durden: How's that working out for you?
    Narrator: What?
    Tyler Durden: Being clever.
    Narrator: Great.
    Tyler Durden: Keep it up then... Right up

Banned
    [QUOTE=jxc]- You remember how sweet he was when you first met him.
    - After a brief 2002 honey moon, the physical injuries starting happening.
    - 2003 was a nightmare, but you thought, 'He can return to how he was before, I love him'
    - 2004 wasn't bad, maybe an offensive struggle at the end of the year. There was more pain. Someone ended up going to the doctor, because the physical injuries were back.
    - 2005 you were worried. There was another man in your life. After a couple of weeks without Chad, he rushed back to your arms to be your hero. Within weeks, the physical injuries were back. You were heartbroken yet again. You wanted a new man. A young man. It was time to move on in your life.
    - 2006 he shows up at your door again. You welcome him back with open arms, because this time he's really changed. And you're going to love him more than ever to prove it.

If this sounds like you, you may have Pennington battered wife syndrome.

[B]There is no permanent cure. Just soak your brain in alcohol when it hurts too much.[/B]

:)[/QUOTE]

thank you for that wonderful synopsis..I'm drunk :yes:

Rookie
    But I know he really loves me. It was really my fault, I started it.

[QUOTE=jet22dan]But I know he really loves me. It was really my fault, I started it.[/QUOTE]

LOL

So the real question is, who gets in on this thread first: TX or UT? You know both of their ears are burning right now.

I'll start taking bets......

Don't joke about domestic violence brah.[/QUOTE]OMG! Is it ok to joke about anything anymore? Are the comedy police working on a quota now or is it National Whiner's Week and noone at JI posted the memo? For the love of all that is at least mildly funny people, lighten up!

[QUOTE=nationalist88]OMG! Is it ok to joke about anything anymore? Are the comedy police working on a quota now or is it National Whiner's Week and noone at JI posted the memo? For the love of all that is at least mildly funny people, lighten up![/QUOTE]

The comedy police don't care about political correctness, they care about BEING FUNNY. That post is far from funny, so it is fair game.

[QUOTE=Kotch]The comedy police don't care about political correctness, they care about BEING FUNNY. That post is far from funny, so it is fair game.[/QUOTE]

You're right. It's not funny. It's a very serious disease.

Come on Kotch it's a little funny. How about if I liken Bollinger backers to having diarrhea? They never stop and are a pain in the ass?

Don't joke about domestic violence brah.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That's ALMOST as bad as posting jokes about 16 year olds...

Banned
    [QUOTE=Bleedin' Green]So the real question is, who gets in on this thread first: TX or UT? You know both of their ears are burning right now.

I'll start taking bets......[/QUOTE]
    I have U T coming in first..followed by a counterattack by tex

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=EricYellin]Tyler Durden: Oh I get it, it's very clever.
    Narrator: Thank you.
    Tyler Durden: How's that working out for you?
    Narrator: What?
    Tyler Durden: Being clever.
    Narrator: Great.
    Tyler Durden: Keep it up then... Right up[/QUOTE]

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: Well Done, Well Done