Thread: Perez VS Zambrano

Perez VS Zambrano

I know this year Perez was BAD however i am not able to find a big difference between the 2....perez is younger has just as filthy stuff as Zambrano and has struck out 200 in a season already.....amazing that we got him as a throw in and zambrano for the #1 prospect in baseball

My Question is this:

What would you prefer: To Keep Perez and Bell, or to have Linebrink?

I'm not really sure i'd prefer linebrink.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    My Question is this:

i am all for giving perez a shot...he was the PIt openning day starter 2 years ago pitched 200 innings sturck out 240 and had era of 2.98 that doesnt happend by accident.....

i think we may have stolen him.....

My Question is this:

Well SD was the one who didn't do the deal not the Mets. They backed out of the deal when they learned of Sanchez' injury, they wanted the Mets to up the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Well SD was the one who didn't do the deal not the Mets. They backed out of the deal when they learned of Sanchez' injury, they wanted the Mets to up the price.
    I know, I'm just saying, which way would you have had it if both options were available.

I know, I'm just saying, which way would you have had it if both options were available.
    Personally I think Perez is going to be a stud. I'd take him.

Check out the Linebrink thread, I think Perez's potential is off the charts.

i would LOVE to see perez get a shot this year as the 5th guy....he has much more potential then mayne.....lets hope we see him up here...

is he in AAA now? does he even have any options left?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    i would LOVE to see perez get a shot this year as the 5th guy....he has much more potential then mayne.....lets hope we see him up here...

is he in AAA now? does he even have any options left?
    he should stay in AAA until he's demonstrated that he's worked out whatever issues plagued him in Pittsburgh...i think he could be huge for us, but i want to make sure he's back to his old self (or at least close too it) before we put him in the rotation...i wouldnt have a problem putting him in the pen come september though...