Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Pelfrey.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Pelfrey.....

whats the concensus on this guy? from everything ive seen from him he looks good and like he has good stuff but he still needs lots of work on his other pitches...in the majors u just dont get by with 1 great pitch....unless u are gunna close or releive.

in any case anyone down on this guy? or is the concensus that he needs more time in the minors?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    whats the concensus on this guy? from everything ive seen from him he looks good and like he has good stuff but he still needs lots of work on his other pitches...in the majors u just dont get by with 1 great pitch....unless u are gunna close or releive.

in any case anyone down on this guy? or is the concensus that he needs more time in the minors?
    i like him a lot, but he needs some more time in the minors to work on his off speed stuff...i dont think we've seen the last of him at shea this season though...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought he pitched pretty well, I mean he started off great, but then he just seemed to lose it in one inning. Nothing a little time in the minors can't fix up!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Just needs more time in the minors... he was rushed up because of injuries and stuff, but he'll be solid in the future.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody say closer? Stay tuned.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Somebody say closer? Stay tuned.
    Mets didn't give him a 5.5 million doillar bonus to be a closer

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Closers need secondary pitches to these days also.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    Closers need secondary pitches to these days also.
    Mo doesn't.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Mo doesn't.
    maybe he could have used one in october 2004

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    maybe he could have used one in october 2004
    Actually no. You live and die with your best pitch. But you being such a great baseball fan probably already knew that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I crazy in thinking that the Mets should have Oliver Perez and Pelfrey working out in the bullpen now? They could use lefty and righty power arms in the pen.

Next year, I would put Pelfrey back in the rotation but maybe we can catch a little "Papelbon" magic.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Am I crazy in thinking that the Mets should have Oliver Perez and Pelfrey working out in the bullpen now? They could use lefty and righty power arms in the pen.

Next year, I would put Pelfrey back in the rotation but maybe we can catch a little "Papelbon" magic.
    You are crazy, Perez needs a lot of time in AAA and will need the "Rick Peterson treatment" before he can be trusted with anything.