Thread: In Baghdad, thousands show support for Hezbollah

In Baghdad, thousands show support for Hezbollah

Thousands of Shiites gathered in Baghdad today chanting "Death to America" and "Death to Israel." What a giant mess.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    stay the course

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicadeel
    Thousands of Shiites gathered in Baghdad today chanting "Death to America" and "Death to Israel." What a giant mess.
    go to one of the lunatic leftist rally's in this country and they chant the same thing carrying PLO flags....

That may be true. But it is infuriating to think that American lives were lost and solders are there right now fighting for these very same people. Look, when the president was telling us that Iraq was a threat, I believed him. When some people were saying this was going to be a disaster, I was saying your crazy. Now when the facts are presented to us, I realize that I was wrong. This is a disaster. I have never had a problem admitting when I was wrong and I was wrong.

flushingjet
    That may be true. But it is infuriating to think that American lives were lost and solders are there right now fighting for these very same people. Look, when the president was telling us that Iraq was a threat, I believed him. When some people were saying this was going to be a disaster, I was saying your crazy. Now when the facts are presented to us, I realize that I was wrong. This is a disaster. I have never had a problem admitting when I was wrong and I was wrong.
    x 1000 people in the street demonstrating without harming anyone or being harmed in democratic societies is free speech whether we like the speech or not.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by flushingjet
    x 1000 people in the street demonstrating without harming anyone or being harmed in democratic societies is free speech whether we like the speech or not.
    yeah and when the people of Palestine elect Hamas in their first democratic election that's progress

Our kids are being sacrificed for people who hate us and want us dead. I'm really happy for them that they get to voice their opinion in a democratic way, but they hate us and want us dead.

flushingjet
    Our kids are being sacrificed for people who hate us and want us dead. I'm really happy for them that they get to voice their opinion in a democratic way, but they hate us and want us dead.
    is that all of Iraq? Is the crowd a million man march-no, its Mookie al-Sadr's kids. gee what a surprise-a 1000 of the most poor and uneducated and powerless in the entire country

JetsInsider.com Legend
    cmon it will work out just fine

i heard they were assembling to disperse those flowers in the street cheney promised on meet the press

stay the course

those flowers are a-comin

Veteran
    Just shows you the muslim mentality--they're sheeple--easily led by some raghead who thinks he speaks for allah. They're raised with a "battlefield" mentality, meaning they don't think for themselves, but wait for their "sergent" to give an order. Now in war you need a battlefield mentality--hence our boot camp to build it into our recruits--in islam, the kids are raised that way--thus any "leader" can set them off into a frenzy. Remember the mohammud cartoons? The kicker is that they end up destroying or killing their own people. Unbelievable.

LA Times- 100,000 shiite protesters. Shiite the majority in Iraq.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by asuusa
    Just shows you the muslim mentality--they're sheeple--easily led by some raghead who thinks he speaks for allah. They're raised with a "battlefield" mentality, meaning they don't think for themselves, but wait for their "sergent" to give an order. Now in war you need a battlefield mentality--hence our boot camp to build it into our recruits--in islam, the kids are raised that way--thus any "leader" can set them off into a frenzy. Remember the mohammud cartoons? The kicker is that they end up destroying or killing their own people. Unbelievable.
    these people sound like great candidates for universal sufferage

All Pro
    Why is anyone surprised by this?
    Read about the history of the UIA and you will see that its leaders in the early 1980's while exiled in IraN were training guerilla shiite fighters to go fight in Lebanon. In fact the largest party in the UIA (the Dawa) gave rise to what is now known as Hezbollah. The so called democracy we set up in Iraq is in fact made up of former Shia Warriors (or Turriss, depending the context they are being referedin) who murdered Americans in Beirut in 1982. Turrrrrisss then, now we have helped put them in controll of Iraq.

And you are surprised that they would back hezbollah today, when they in fact were Hezbollah then? God you people are pathetic!

I don't see one post here claiming to be "surprised". Don't confuse outrage with surprise.

All Pro
    I don't see one post here claiming to be "surprised". Don't confuse outrage with surprise.
    There should not be any outrage when something is to be expected. Anyone w/o rosy colored glasses could have predicted this outcome, so there should not be any outrage.

I believe we don't belong in the middle of a civil war. Yes, I believe it is a civil war. The outrage comes from having our troops in the middle of this right now. Kennyo7, I placed my rose colored glasses on the sunny side of the street awhile ago. I just can't seem to throw them away.
    Last edited by chicadeel; 08-05-2006 at 09:31 AM.

All League
    The US clearly made a major mistake in going into Iraq, but if they leave they will be handing the country to Iran on a plate.