Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: The Future Of Iraq - The Bottom Line!

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,956

    The Future Of Iraq - The Bottom Line!

    "Shiite and Sunni are going to have to love their children more than they hate each other. The weight of that must be on the Iraqi people and the Iraqi government." -General Peter Pace-

    Period!

    Note: Shiite and Sunni are Muslims.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet
    "Shiite and Sunni are going to have to love their children more than they hate each other. The weight of that must be on the Iraqi people and the Iraqi government." -General Peter Pace-

    Period!

    Note: Shiite and Sunni are Muslims.
    Now thats EXACTLY what Rummy and Cheney were saying before the war. Open arms and they have to love each other.

    If I
    Should stay
    I would only be in your way
    So I'll go
    But I know
    I'll think of you every step of
    the way

    And I...
    Will always
    Love you, oohh
    Will always
    Love you
    You
    My darling you
    Mmm-mm

    Bittersweet
    Memories
    That is all I'm taking with me
    So good-bye
    Please don't cry
    We both know I'm not what you
    You need

    And I...
    Will always love you
    I...
    Will always love you
    You, ooh


    I hope
    life treats you kind
    And I hope
    you have all you've dreamed of
    And I wish you joy
    and happiness
    But above all this
    I wish you love

    And I...
    Will always love you
    I...
    Will always love you

    I, I will always love
    You....
    You
    Darling I love you
    I'll always
    I'll always
    Love
    You..
    Oooh
    Ooohhh

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,281
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet
    "Shiite and Sunni are going to have to love their children more than they hate each other. The weight of that must be on the Iraqi people and the Iraqi government." -General Peter Pace-

    Period!

    Note: Shiite and Sunni are Muslims.
    Hey, I hate to be the piano player, but...

    Christianity had plenty of Civil Wars in Europe, and since Muslims are about 500 years behind us, they are going through that "Civil War" thingy, now.

    Protestant against Catholic in the 1600's...

    Now the Shiites and Sunni's will go through it, too.

    The big difference, however is...

    A reformation.

    With Christians, there was one.

    With Muslims, no reformation.

    The second problem, of course, is this is the nuclear age. I really don't even know which way to turn. I look at muslims, and I just get a headache. I'd like to just dismiss the whole shebang (Like Voltaire dismissed Catholic/Protestant war), but I can't. Because these idiots not only want to kill each other, they want to kill me, as well.So I think I have a vested interest in this. It would be nice to just close the door and lock it, and let these maniacs slaughter one another, but we cant. Because Ahmadipotatohead in Iran is building nukes.

    We tried.

    Israel tried.

    But these people have cement between their ears.

    Save the planet and exterminate them.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Moses
    Save the planet and exterminate them.
    We'll drink to that!

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan
    Now thats EXACTLY what Rummy and Cheney were saying before the war. Open arms and they have to love each other.
    Who''d have thunk that Muslims by the thousands would end up murdering each other!

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet
    Who''d have thunk that Muslims by the thousands would end up murdering each other!
    Anyone with the slightest understanding of the history of shiites and sunnis should have seen this coming. This should not have been a surprise to anyone. Those of us arguing against going into Iraq have reeatedly said our invasion would destabilize the region and cause a civil war between sunnis and shiites. Its funny (actually pathetic) that the hawks couldnt see this coming.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7
    Those of us arguing against going into Iraq have repeatedly said our invasion would destabilize the region and cause a civil war between sunnis and shiites.
    ...when/where...

    It's not a Civil War. It's Muslims determined to follow the Koran and murder each other.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet
    ...when/where...

    It's not a Civil War. It's Muslims determined to follow the Koran and murder each other.
    civil war: noun
    : a war between opposing groups of citizens of the same country
    Sorry but the fightng in Iraq IS a civil war.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet
    ...when/where...

    It's not a Civil War. It's Muslims determined to follow the Koran and murder each other.
    The Koran does not preach death any more than any other religious book.

    The problems in the Middle East do not come from the Koran.

    If you were to say, however, that certain governments in Islamic countries were backward, I would definitely agree with you. Places like Iran have elements in their government that are stuck in the 16th century. Clearly the Taliban, in Afghanistan, was also a government that was at least 5 centuries behind the times.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924
    The problem I see is not Christianity, Islam or Judaism. It is the lunatics that use these religions for their own gain. BTW there are plans by some in Israel to build a new temple and guess where they want to build it. Thats right where the dome of the rock now stands.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan
    ...there are plans by some in Israel to build a new temple and guess where they want to build it. Thats right where the dome of the rock now stands.

    Yeah, they just have to get it past the stone-throwing Palestinian Town Planning Board.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,956
    Bomber Kills 10 At Funeral In Iraq
    August 6, 2006

    TIKRIT, Iraq -- A suicide bomber detonated an explosive belt Sunday night among mourners at a funeral in Tikrit, killing at least 10 people and wounding 18, police said.

    Police Capt. Laith Hamid said the attack took place about 8:15 p.m. at the funeral of the father of a member of the provincial council. The council member, Saab Abd Bedeiwi, was killed in the attack, Hamid said.

    The casualty toll is expected to increase because body parts were scattered around the tent where the mourners were gathered, Hamid said.


  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan
    The problem I see is not Christianity, Islam or Judaism.
    It's definitely Islam!

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberBum
    The Koran does not preach death any more than any other religious book.

    It may or may not be the book? but apparently the Mullahs are preaching death a bit more than Rabbi's and Priests these days.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    The Judas Chair: This was a large pyramid-shaped "seat." Accused heretics were placed on top of it, with the point inserted into their anuses or genitalia, then very, very slowly lowered onto the point with ropes. The effect was to gradually stretch out the opening of choice in an extremely painful manner.

    The Head Vice: Pretty straightforward concept. They put your head into a specially fitted vice, and tighten it until your teeth are crushed, your bones crack and eventually your eyes pop out of their sockets.

    The Pear: A large bulbous gadget is inserted in the orifice of choice, whether mouth, anus or vagina. A lever on the device then causes it to slowly expand whilst inserted. Eventually points emerge from the tips. (Apparently, internal bleeding doesn't count as "breaking the skin.")

    The Wheel: Heretics are strapped to a big ol' wheel, and their bones are clubbed into shards. Not very creative, but quite effective.
    Sawing: Heretics were hung upside-down and sawed apart down the middle, starting at the crotch.

    Disembowelment: Not the nice kind of disembowelment, where a samurai slits you wide open like a fish and you die in moments. No, that's not good enough for the Inquisition. A small hole is cut in the gut, then the intestines are drawn out slowly and carefully, keeping the victim alive for as much of the process as possible.

    The Stake: Depending on how unrepentant a heretic might be, the process of burning at the stake could vary wildly. For instance, a fairly repentant heretic might be strangled, then burned. An entirely unrepentant heretic could be burned over the course of hours, using green wood or simply by placing them on top of hot coals and leaving them there until well done.



  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan
    The Judas Chair: This was a large pyramid-shaped "seat." Accused heretics were placed on top of it, with the point inserted into their anuses or genitalia, then very, very slowly lowered onto the point with ropes. The effect was to gradually stretch out the opening of choice in an extremely painful manner.

    The Head Vice: Pretty straightforward concept. They put your head into a specially fitted vice, and tighten it until your teeth are crushed, your bones crack and eventually your eyes pop out of their sockets.

    The Pear: A large bulbous gadget is inserted in the orifice of choice, whether mouth, anus or vagina. A lever on the device then causes it to slowly expand whilst inserted. Eventually points emerge from the tips. (Apparently, internal bleeding doesn't count as "breaking the skin.")

    The Wheel: Heretics are strapped to a big ol' wheel, and their bones are clubbed into shards. Not very creative, but quite effective.
    Sawing: Heretics were hung upside-down and sawed apart down the middle, starting at the crotch.

    Disembowelment: Not the nice kind of disembowelment, where a samurai slits you wide open like a fish and you die in moments. No, that's not good enough for the Inquisition. A small hole is cut in the gut, then the intestines are drawn out slowly and carefully, keeping the victim alive for as much of the process as possible.

    The Stake: Depending on how unrepentant a heretic might be, the process of burning at the stake could vary wildly. For instance, a fairly repentant heretic might be strangled, then burned. An entirely unrepentant heretic could be burned over the course of hours, using green wood or simply by placing them on top of hot coals and leaving them there until well done.

    A few differences between the numerous Inquisitions and Islam of today are:

    1. I don't think they blew up children during the Inquisition(s) whereas todays Muslims bomb schools, hospitals and now even funerals at the drop of a hat.

    2. Inquisition leaders didn't commit suicide while killing others - unlike today's inefficent suicide-murder advocating Muslim.

    ...well, that's at least two.


  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    Plumber: I've not previously read about those things, but they could be true. More importantly, that was an aberration of over-zealous men not operating on Church doctrine or Christ's teachings.

    Islam, however, has a very martial aspect to its birth, spread, and practice. Jesus turned the other cheek; Mohammad cut your head off.

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum
    Plumber: I've not previously read about those things, but they could be true. More importantly, that was an aberration of over-zealous men not operating on Church doctrine or Christ's teachings.

    Islam, however, has a very martial aspect to its birth, spread, and practice. Jesus turned the other cheek; Mohammad cut your head off.
    Turn the other cheek sounds alot like appeasement to me. Was Jesus a democrat? He was always handing out welfare like fishes and loaves..

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,846
    It certainly seems like the Dems have been out in front on this issue.

    Howard Dean was the first to say that this war is not winnable. He was crucified for it. Now Republicans are saying the same thing.

    Murtha came out against the war and said we are basincally in the middle of an Iraqi civil war and he was widely attacked by Republicans. Now our generals are saying the same thing.

    Time to redeploy. Follow Murtha's plan.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan
    It certainly seems like the Dems have been out in front on this issue.

    Howard Dean was the first to say that this war is not winnable. He was crucified for it. Now Republicans are saying the same thing.

    Murtha came out against the war and said we are basincally in the middle of an Iraqi civil war and he was widely attacked by Republicans. Now our generals are saying the same thing.

    Time to redeploy. Follow Murtha's plan.

    sure...they were out in front- if you consider cut and run a strategy...

    Murtha's plan is brilliant, ain't it? Redeploy some 4500-miles away...

    is it any wonder the "polls" libs rely on to beat up the President continually show to this day people feel the dims have no clue when it comes to issues of national security/the military...


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us