Thread: Ryan Howard is just Amazing

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Howard is just Amazing

What an incredibly gifted young kid. Just watching him hit an outside pitch off the end of the bat, to the opposite field, and smokes it gone. Just aboslutely incredible. Phillies really struck gold with him.
    Last edited by rep; 08-05-2006 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Thread Title

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to Change the subject... but speaking of going the other way anyone notice Milledge is consistently doing just that?

The rap on him was that he's a pull hitter and you can really tell he's been working on being versatile. I'm happy we kept him, he is gonna be a big time producer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Milledge's defense thus far is far worse than I thought it would be.

And yeah, Ryan Howard is awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Milledge's defense thus far is far worse than I thought it would be.

And yeah, Ryan Howard is awesome.
    still adjusting to RF... don't forget he was playing LF earlier in the year as well - he was very good in CF, so I expect him to improve big time

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    still adjusting to RF... don't forget he was playing LF earlier in the year as well - he was very good in CF, so I expect him to improve big time
    I would definitely think he will improve in that department. I've been just a bit surprised that his defense has been as bad as it is given that all the scouting reports I have read have said he's a very good defensive CFer. But yeah, you're right, adjusting to RF from CF can take some time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    Sorry to Change the subject... but speaking of going the other way anyone notice Milledge is consistently doing just that?

The rap on him was that he's a pull hitter and you can really tell he's been working on being versatile. I'm happy we kept him, he is gonna be a big time producer.
    I doubt that I hope we trade him for value before its too late.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound

Very good at CF?? Center fielders can catch can catch can of corn fly balls

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely think he will improve in that department. I've been just a bit surprised that his defense has been as bad as it is given that all the scouting reports I have read have said he's a very good defensive CFer. But yeah, you're right, adjusting to RF from CF can take some time.

This is his first year up and he's 21 years old... you dont think nervousness might be taking a part in it?

You remember Melky last year? (and this year at first?)

did you see that sick ass catch he had up against the wall in Toronto?

Did you see the two nasty throwouts from RF to 3B last time he was up?

Milledge will be a gold glover once he settles in...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howard is a monster. He'll be in the allstar game for years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is his first year up and he's 21 years old... you dont think nervousness might be taking a part in it?

You remember Melky last year? (and this year at first?)

did you see that sick ass catch he had up against the wall in Toronto?

Did you see the two nasty throwouts from RF to 3B last time he was up?

Milledge will be a gold glover once he settles in...
    I'm not sure if nervousness is part of it. He doesn't seem like the nervous type to be honest.

I remember Melky last year. This year he was fine at first. Idiots thought he wasn't good when there was a ridiculous wind and it wasn't even his ball (I'm assuming you're talking about the game against the Red Sox on the pop up). Cano was as much of fault as Melky was).

I might have, but I don't remember it.

I've seen him show a very good arm. I've also seen him show bad accuracy with his arm. A play here and a play there doesn't say much. It's the overall play that shows me something.

He very well could be. All I have said is that given the scouting reports I've read, I figured he would be better defensively. I'm sure he will get better soon.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if nervousness is part of it. He doesn't seem like the nervous type to be honest.

I remember Melky last year. This year he was fine at first. Idiots thought he wasn't good when there was a ridiculous wind and it wasn't even his ball (I'm assuming you're talking about the game against the Red Sox on the pop up). Cano was as much of fault as Melky was).

I might have, but I don't remember it.

I've seen him show a very good arm. I've also seen him show bad accuracy with his arm. A play here and a play there doesn't say much. It's the overall play that shows me something.

He very well could be. All I have said is that given the scouting reports I've read, I figured he would be better defensively. I'm sure he will get better soon.
    Jeff, you are a retard my friend. Why dont you stop hating and actually be realistic.

"He doesnt seem like the nervous type"...

were you ever 21 years old? you wanna try to act like ur the man no matter how nervous you are. Obviously no one messes up easy catches like regularly and is touted as a great defensive Outfield prospect which Milledge was for a long time.

It's his first year and he's nervous as hell, Melky was freaking terrible. What was he like 1/23 with 4 Errors? Please. BTW I was at that Red Sox game and Yankee fans were BOOING him for messing up that catch.

Milledge had a absolutely filthy catch in Toronto, and showed his sick arm on two occasions ALREADY.

To say "ohhhh well he's not as good defensively as i thought he would" is retarded.

You just cant deal with the fact that Milledge will outshine Cabrera and Wright has already outshown Cano, but dont waste our time with assanine observations.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, you are a retard my friend. Why dont you stop hating and actually be realistic.
    Son, you are not one to speak. Just saying. But please, keep on talking sh*t through your keyboard. There is nothing better than someone that does that. As I have already said here, it speaks volumes as to what kind of person he/she is.

"He doesnt seem like the nervous type"...

were you ever 21 years old? you wanna try to act like ur the man no matter how nervous you are. Obviously no one messes up easy catches like regularly and is touted as a great defensive Outfield prospect which Milledge was for a long time.
    No, I was never 21 years old, I skipped that birthday. My point is that unlike Melky, he seems like a very cocky player. Maybe the better explanation is him playing RF instead of CF, as BrooklynBound stated.

"It's his first year and he's nervous as hell, Melky was freaking terrible. What was he like 1/23 with 4 Errors? Please. BTW I was at that Red Sox game and Yankee fans were BOOING him for messing up that catch.

Milledge had a absolutely filthy catch in Toronto, and showed his sick arm on two occasions ALREADY.

To say "ohhhh well he's not as good defensively as i thought he would" is retarded.
    Yeah, I said Melky wasn't good his first year. And please, don't tell me that because Yankee fans booed Melky on that play, that means it was his fault. There are a ton of Yankee fans, like every teams fans, that are morons. I guess they didn't realize that Melky is a good defensive outfielder... I wonder what those same fans that idiotically booed (and then sarcastically applauded Melky when he made a routine catch) are thinking now.

I'm sure Milledge has.

No, it is not "retarded." That is the wrong word choice here. His defense has not been good thus far. I thought it would have been better to be honest. Yes, he has shown a good arm and a good catch, but his overall defense in RF has been subpar. I'm positive it will get better, but I'm surprised it has been as bad as it has been thus far. It's probably him getting adjusted to RF.

You just cant deal with the fact that Milledge will outshine Cabrera and Wright has already outshown Cano, but dont waste our time with assanine observations.
    Hahaha. Son, I'm very honest with how I feel about players. Just for the record, Wright is a MUCH better player than Cano. Milledge will also most likely be a better player than Melky, given their minor league careers. As of now, they have been similar, but if I was a betting man, and I am, I'd bet on Milledge over Melky. I have no problems dealing with that at all.

By the way, there is nothing funneir than someone posting that someone else is "assanine" but completely screwing up the spelling of the word. Son, if you want to call someoen else "asinine," at least, for the love of God, get the spelling right and stop embarrassing yourself.

And, I won't even get into the point that my observation about Milledge was not "assanine," as his defense has not been good thus far... Then again, maybe it is assanine, whatever that word means.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah Cameron wasn't as good in RF as I thought he would be last year... but if he's not good there after a spring training next year, i will get on him about it