Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: David Wright Wadddddddacatch

David Wright Wadddddddacatch

WOW.

I seriously hope Wags buys him a beer tonight... David Wright SAVED his ass from a sure game tying double.

All those saying his defense sucks seriously need to look at his plays since June.

They are even saying on ESPNNEWS, "The best defensive Third Baseman in New York.... Maybe the Best Third Baseman In New York Period?"

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    WOW.

I seriously hope Wags buys him a beer tonight... David Wright SAVED his ass from a sure game tying double.

All those saying his defense sucks seriously need to look at his plays since June.

They are even saying on ESPNNEWS, "The best defensive Third Baseman in New York.... Maybe the Best Third Baseman In New York Period?"
    Oh boy ...He's back!

Jets Insider VIP
    He won that game for us or atleast saved it. He made awesome plays in todays game.

Practice Squad
    Definately a game saving catch by Wright. Wagner better start to pick things up. He been bad his last few appearances.

Hall Of Fame
    Who the hell is David Wright?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    Who the hell is David Wright?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    That doesn't help much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Allstar 3rd baseman for the New York Mets.

Jets Insider VIP

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Allstar 3rd baseman for the New York Mets.
    I wouldn't be suprise if Omar is trying to lock him up this minute.I think he will sign a new deal before the reg season is over.

Hall Of Fame
    Is he planning on trying out for the Jets?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    I wouldn't be suprise if Omar is trying to lock him up this minute.I think he will sign a new deal before the reg season is over.
    Yeah probably but I dont think they will sign him till Middle of next year because after next year he is eligible for arbitration.

Jets Insider VIP

Not until next march at the very earliest, hes be smart to lock him up sooner so he can get a bargain like he did with reyes.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    Not until next march at the very earliest, hes be smart to lock him up sooner so he can get a bargain like he did with reyes.

Definatly he would be wise to do it either now or next year. I dont know what it will do if he signs him coming up to the postseason.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    Is he planning on trying out for the Jets?
    I think what mick is trying to say is: BASEBALL FORUM!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    I think what mick is trying to say is: BASEBALL FORUM!!!!!!!
    Good call

no one posts there though wtf...

this message board has like 10 times the amount J e t na tion.com does, but the baseball forum is like half as active

I'ts BASEBALL SEASON!!!

Banned
    no one posts there though wtf...

this message board has like 10 times the amount J e t na tion.com does, but the baseball forum is like half as active

I'ts BASEBALL SEASON!!!
    hey, im a met fan, but it's football season on a jets football message board.

I don't understand your confusion or dissapointment with the lack of activity in a baseball forum.

Hall Of Fame
    WOW.

It was certainly a nice grab. It's too bad he didn't get the one hit by Cabrera in their game against the Marlins the other day, similiar shot but I think in today's game, Wright was guarding the line more then the game against the Marlins. What do you think?
    Last edited by MrSFJFC; 08-05-2006 at 07:29 PM.

My guess is they will do that next season. 2007 is only the 1st year Wright will be arbitration eligible so he won't be too expensive in the coming year. Then, you want to sign him to a 4 year deal just like they did with Reyes to give him a little extra money in his next 2 arbitration years and give them a couple years when he would be eligible for free agency.