Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal Liberal Media Caught Doctoring Photos....

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Criminal Liberal Media Caught Doctoring Photos....

Hall Of Fame
    DUH..DUH..DUH!

Take one of these... http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060805/...NlYwN5bmNhdA--
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 08-06-2006 at 11:17 AM.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Reuters admits altering Beirut photo

Reuters withdraws photograph of Beirut after Air Force attack after US blogs, photographers point out 'blatant evidence of manipulation.' Reuters' head of PR says in response, 'Reuters has suspended photographer until investigations are completed into changes made to photograph.' Photographer who sent altered image is same Reuters photographer behind many of images from Qana, which have also been subject of suspicions for being staged
    Yaakov Lappin

A Reuters photograph of smoke rising from buildings in Beirut has been withdrawn after coming under attack by American web logs. The blogs accused Reuters of distorting the photograph to include more smoke and damage.

Reuters employee issues 'Zionist pig' death threat

Worker suspended after telling American blogger: 'I look forward to day when you pigs get your throats cut'
    Yaakov Lappin

A Reuters employee has been suspended after sending a death threat to an American blogger.

The message, sent from a Reuters internet account, read: "I look forward to the day when you pigs get your throats cut."

It was sent to Charles Johnson, owner of the Little Green Footballs (LGF) weblog, a popular site which often backs Israel and highlights jihadist terrorist activities.

In the threat, the Reuters staff member, who has not been named, left his email address as "zionistpig" at hotmail.com.
    Nah....no bias from the a$$holes in the criminal liberal media....

Waterboy
    It's becoming pretty obvious to see the anti-israel bias in the media regarding this conflict.

Peace out.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Reuters drops freelance Lebanese photographer over image

LONDON, Aug 6 (Reuters) - Reuters, the global news and information agency, told a freelance Lebanese photographer on Sunday it would not use any more of his pictures after he doctored an image of the aftermath of an Israeli air strike on Beirut.

The photograph by Adnan Hajj, which was published on news Web sites on Saturday, showed thick black smoke rising above buildings in the Lebanese capital after an Israeli air raid in the war with the Shi'ite Islamic group Hizbollah, now in its fourth week.

Reuters withdrew the doctored image on Sunday and replaced it with the unaltered photograph after several news blogs said it had been manipulated using Photoshop software to show more smoke.

Reuters has strict standards of accuracy that bar the manipulation of images in ways that mislead the viewer.

"The photographer has denied deliberately attempting to manipulate the image, saying that he was trying to remove dust marks and that he made mistakes due to the bad lighting conditions he was working under," said Moira Whittle, the head of public relations for Reuters.

"This represents a serious breach of Reuters' standards and we shall not be accepting or using pictures taken by him," Whittle said in a statement issued in London.

Hajj worked for Reuters as a non-staff freelance, or contributing photographer, from 1993 until 2003 and again since April 2005.

He was among several photographers from the main international news agencies whose images of a dead child being held up by a rescuer in the village of Qana, south Lebanon, after an Israeli air strike on July 30 have been challenged by blogs critical of the mainstream media's coverage of the Middle East conflict.

Reuters and other news organisations reviewed those images and have all rejected allegations that the photographs were staged.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L06301298.htm

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame
    So let me get this straight Reuters uses photo's shot by Independent contractors in countries like Lebanon and Israel and this means that Reuters is a tool of the left? All this proves is that Reuters uses Lebanese photographers in Lebanon and they probably use Israeli photogs in Israel.

Was the NY Times a tool of the Bush Administration when Judy Miller was backing up their BS on WMD's by using the same worthless sources the Bush administration used to sell the story?

All this indicates is the press is lazy and easily used as a tool for any one with brains.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs
    So let me get this straight Reuters uses photo's shot by Independent contractors in countries like Lebanon and Israel and this means that Reuters is a tool of the left? All this proves is that Reuters uses Lebanese photographers in Lebanon and they probably use Israeli photogs in Israel.

Was the NY Times a tool of the Bush Administration when Judy Miller was backing up their BS on WMD's by using the same worthless sources the Bush administration used to sell the story?

All this indicates is the press is lazy and easily used as a tool for any one with brains.

this isn't the first time they've doctored photos....sh!t; USA Today disgraced themselves with a Condi Rice photo- they (the clm) are just being called out for it now...

As far as the Times & Miller....the Slimes published the same "BS" about Iraq/WMD/ and the need to take out Hussien in '98-'99 as has been posted here...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    this isn't the first time they've doctored photos....sh!t; USA Today disgraced themselves with a Condi Rice photo- they (the clm) are just being called out for it now...

As far as the Times & Miller....the Slimes published the same "BS" about Iraq/WMD/ and the need to take out Hussien in '98-'99 as has been posted here...
    USA Today? Does any one actually read more than the sports and stocks when they are in a hotel room from that comic book? There is so much media out there on all sides that all you have to do is think for yourself.

The real problem isn't the lazy media or their penchant for train wrecks it's the smear campaigns and propoganda that professional PR people get into the media and that includes the biggest PR campaign with the most access which is the President of the US, and it always has been.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs
    USA Today? Does any one actually read more than the sports and stocks when they are in a hotel room from that comic book? There is so much media out there on all sides that all you have to do is think for yourself.

The real problem isn't the lazy media or their penchant for train wrecks it's the smear campaigns and propoganda that professional PR people get into the media and that includes the biggest PR campaign with the most access which is the President of the US, and it always has been.

no....the problem is today's media is not concerned about getting it right...their number one priority is getting it first at all costs....

If they get it first but it turns out wrong they can spin, deny, justify, etc and only in worse case scenario's retract....

if they get it first and it turns out right but it jepordizes national security they can justify under free reign of the press...er I mean freedom of the press...

Hall Of Fame
    no....the problem is today's media is not concerned about getting it right...their number one priority is getting it first at all costs....

If they get it first but it turns out wrong they can spin, deny, justify, etc and only in worse case scenario's retract....

if they get it first and it turns out right but it jepordizes national security they can justify under free reign of the press...er I mean freedom of the press...
    I can't argue with you on this at all, unfortunately.

All Pro

You are correct..
    BUT, the media also got IT WRONG on wmds, and IRAQ..
    They knew bush was going to war no matter what..so instead of jeopardizing access, they went along with the white house.. They failed to adequately challenge those chicken hawks on all their lies...
    look what happens when the press fails..
    YOU GET IRAQ

flushingjet
    Quote Originally Posted by bman

You are correct..
    BUT, the media also got IT WRONG on wmds, and IRAQ..
    They knew bush was going to war no matter what..so instead of jeopardizing access, they went along with the white house.. They failed to adequately challenge those chicken hawks on all their lies...
    look what happens when the press fails..
    YOU GET IRAQ
    dumbmarine speaks
    again
    get a glass of water
    now back to sleep

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by flushingjet
    dumbmarine speaks
    again
    get a glass of water
    now back to sleep

prove me wrong gayboy

flushingjet
    prove me wrong gayboy
    good comeback retard
    you're the one down on 53rd st
    who knows all about chicken hawking

and remember
    you cant spell dumbmarine
    without b-m-a-n

All Pro
    Hi,
    My Name is Flushing..I am by far the most idiotic meathead on the board..I know very little about history, and even less about islam. But I love my Little Bush no matter what.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    if the right wing paid as much attention to the government as they do to the media maybe things would be better than they are today

you guys would rather talk about the media than the news - because the news is all bad

so let's villianize the criminal liberal media! it beats talking about the real news.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti

you guys would rather talk about the media than the news - because the news is all bad
    But we all know, of course, Faux News is biased!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance
    But we all know, of course, Faux News is biased!
    hey i don't blame you - only if we assume that every single major news organization has no credibility whatsoever can anyone come to the conclusion that George Bush is a good President.

Hall Of Fame
    I love my Little Bush no matter what.
    RAH-RAH! SIS-BOO-BAH! We love Bush no matter what!
    He's no lover..He's a fighter
    C-in-C...the "Decider"!
    Woooooooooo! GO TEAM!!