Thread: Rookies

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Rookies

The crop of rookies in the AL & the NL this season is just unreal..Never seen so many rookies look this good..I mean 2-3 rookie pitchers in the AL will prob get some cy young votes..

A month ago, I said Jonathan Papelbon will be the Rookie of the Year, and possibly the CY Young winner in the AL. But now that Francisco Liriano is on a torrid pace, and Jered Weaver is awesome, and Justin Verlander is also great, I am not sure who wins the ROTY in the AL. I think Papelbon will win it if he continues his brilliance, but it will be a tough decision. Who do you think will win the ROTY in the AL.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    The crop of rookies in the AL & the NL this season is just unreal..Never seen so many rookies look this good..I mean 2-3 rookie pitchers in the AL will prob get some cy young votes..

A month ago, I said Jonathan Papelbon will be the Rookie of the Year, and possibly the CY Young winner in the AL. But now that Francisco Liriano is on a torrid pace, and Jered Weaver is awesome, and Justin Verlander is also great, I am not sure who wins the ROTY in the AL. I think Papelbon will win it if he continues his brilliance, but it will be a tough decision. Who do you think will win the ROTY in the AL.

Papelbon has been pretty unbelievable this year, but Liriano has been TOTALLY insane.

I was thinking Liriano might get a Cy Young This Year... Who really deserves it more?