Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since not having to play a meaningful game since June.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Since not having to play a meaningful game since June.

As Met fans do you have any concerns about that going into the postseason.You always hear about teams not having to play a meaningful game in awhile and once a pressure situation comes up the team doesn't know how to react.I want to hear how Met fans feel about the Mets going into the postseason without any urgency . Discuss.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WIthout the urgency, the Mets just swept the Padres who came into Shea leading the NL West. Swept the Braves a few weeks before ending any chances of them overtaking the Mets. Keep on winning games, winning series. So they're staying sharp, even if the games aren't pressure games.
    Also, attendance has been very good at Shea, so they're used to the pressure that can come with playing in front of the big crowds, even if the games aren't important.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just want to see how the mets react going into the nl division series heavily favored in a 5 game series..THAT IS ALOT OF PRESSURE..when you are expected to win..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah Blah blah...

I'm not worried for the following reasons:

- When we have games that for some reason the media and the fans are putting pressure on to win, they go out and win them. Example was the Braves series. Were they an imminent threat? No. But they were popping off at the mouth about getting back into the division race, they were one of the hottest teams in the league, and We came into THEIR place and sweeped them out.

- The Mets are not playing sloppy ball. If anything, hell the Yankees have been playing sloppier ball and they are in a division race to begin with. The Mets are not seen making sloppy errors and I think we can attribute that to Willie's influence.

- The fans put a lot of pressure on the Mets still. If you ever go out to Shea and it's a tight game, you will hear the place reacting like its a world series game or something... The Mets players feel the energy and there is definatly no lapsing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    Blah Blah blah...

- When we have games that for some reason the media and the fans are putting pressure on to win, they go out and win them. Example was the Braves series. Were they an imminent threat? No. But they were popping off at the mouth about getting back into the division race, they were one of the hottest teams in the league, and We came into THEIR place and sweeped them out.

- The Mets are not playing sloppy ball. If anything, hell the Yankees have been playing sloppier ball and they are in a division race to begin with. The Mets are not seen making sloppy errors and I think we can attribute that to Willie's influence.

- The fans put a lot of pressure on the Mets still. If you ever go out to Shea and it's a tight game, you will hear the place reacting like its a world series game or something... The Mets players feel the energy and there is definatly no lapsing.
    Not about the Yankees's I ask about the Mets.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    Not about the Yankees's I ask about the Mets.
    can you read?

I just gave you 3 paragraphs that were a direct answer of why i'm not worried about the Mets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    can you read?

I just gave you 3 paragraphs that were a direct answer of why i'm not worried about the Mets.
    Can you read , I didn't ask about how the Yankees are playing. I ask about your amazings.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Met fans do you have any concerns about that going into the postseason.You always hear about teams not having to play a meaningful game in awhile and once a pressure situation comes up the team doesn't know how to react.I want to hear how Met fans feel about the Mets going into the postseason without any urgency . Discuss.
    I am definitely a little worried about it... matter of fact, I hope the race with the Cards for best record in the league is close, so to provide some level of motivation, even though the difference between your playoff road as a 1-seed and a 2-seed is negligible in the NL. I think that Willie is, to a certain extent, responsible for having the team ready to rumble in the postseason after probably not having played meaningful games in some time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah Blah blah...

Im a mets fan.. But whenever someone asks you a question about the mets, why do you have to bash on the Yanks. You make Mets fans sound insecure about themselves.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you read , I didn't ask about how the Yankees are playing. I ask about your amazings.
    re-read post, recapitulate for me, and the we'll discuss what problems your having.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    Im a mets fan.. But whenever someone asks you a question about the mets, why do you have to bash on the Yanks. You make Mets fans sound insecure about themselves.

It was a question kind of meant to be a little inflammatory from a Yankee fan, so in a part of my response I referenced the Yankees somewhat insultingly.

It's a little game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a question kind of meant to be a little inflammatory from a Yankee fan, so in a part of my response I referenced the Yankees somewhat insultingly.

It's a little game.
    an immature childish game

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a little game.
    Your such a idiot... How am I being inflammatory about asking Met fans on their thoughts about going into the season without any meaningful games. I don't play games dog, I'm a grown ass man. I've got kicks older then you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your such a idiot... How am I being inflammatory about asking Met fans on their thoughts about going into the season without any meaningful games. I don't play games dog, I'm a grown ass man. I've got kicks older then you.
    wow, not only a grown man but apparantly you just transformed into a thug too!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, not only a grown man but apparantly you just transformed into a thug too!
    Thug .....no
    Real .....AS REAL AS THEY COME.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thug .....no
    Real .....AS REAL AS THEY COME.
    yeah, dog I feel you.

You was jus playin before this but u decided to really SET IT OFF wit that last post and bring ur hood background into it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, dog I feel you.

You was jus playin before this but u decided to really SET IT OFF wit that last post and bring ur hood background into it
    This thread ain't no games and I wasn't playing before. Don't accuse me something when you don't know what your talking about.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread ain't no games and I wasn't playing before. Don't accuse me something when you don't know what your talking about.
    yeah dog I know, you wasnt playin no games bruv... you one o dem real ass ginnaz... my fault bruh I didnt know u was surrius LIKE DAT!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah dog I know, you wasnt playin no games bruv... you one o dem real ass ginnaz... my fault bruh I didnt know u was surrius LIKE DAT!!!
    wtf are you talking about. LOL ..Damn your sad.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    wtf are you talking about. LOL ..Damn your sad.
    dont you mean "whachoo talkin bout, son"?

I thought you turned Thug-Mode: On.