Thread: My BP Session at Shea Today Rained Out

All League

Angry My BP Session at Shea Today Rained Out

Through a corporate event with TD Waterhouse, I was scheduled to take live batting practice at Shea after the game today and shag flies in the outfield. Went to the batting cage last few nites, was all psyched up and of course immediately after the game, the skies opened up and the whole thing got called off....

I did meet Piazza, Glavine, Hoffman, Embree and a few other Mets & Pads as we were waiting inside the stadium, got a tour and hit in their indoor cage, but it was tremendously disappointing.

20 mins of rain all day and it had to be right then. I really felt good about my chances to hit one out......

Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    Through a corporate event with TD Waterhouse, I was scheduled to take live batting practice at Shea after the game today and shag flies in the outfield. Went to the batting cage last few nites, was all psyched up and of course immediately after the game, the skies opened up and the whole thing got called off....

I did meet Piazza, Glavine, Hoffman, Embree and a few other Mets & Pads as we were waiting inside the stadium, got a tour and hit in their indoor cage, but it was tremendously disappointing.

20 mins of rain all day and it had to be right then. I really felt good about my chances to hit one out......

I am SOOOOOO sorry for you.

Banned

walker..welcome back dude!!

have you met jermaine yet??

yankee or duck billed platypus threads just are not the same without you..

Jets Insider VIP
    Sh!t happens; sorry there buddy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    walker..welcome back dude!!

have you met jermaine yet??

yankee or duck billed platypus threads just are not the same without you..

LOL thanks man. This was a once in a lifetime type thing, that's why meeting those guys and the other stuff doesn't compare.

As for "Jermaine", yes I've seen a few of his idiotic threads (including the one about Bobby Abreu being a "loser" .) Let's just say I've restrained myself, I can't waste my time with that guy. I can't straighten out every 15 year old giddy Met fan who thinks he knows everything about baseball.

When a guy complains about the Yanks being a bunch of high-priced free agents, and then has a sig directly beneath it with 6 out of 10 Mets players acquired from other teams, you know you're not dealing with a rational person.

All Pro
    LOL thanks man. This was a once in a lifetime type thing, that's why meeting those guys and the other stuff doesn't compare.

As for "Jermaine", yes I've seen a few of his idiotic threads (including the one about Bobby Abreu being a "loser" .) Let's just say I've restrained myself, I can't waste my time with that guy. I can't straighten out every 15 year old giddy Met fan who thinks he knows everything about baseball.

When a guy complains about the Yanks being a bunch of high-priced free agents, and then has a sig directly beneath it with 6 out of 10 Mets players acquired from other teams, you know you're not dealing with a rational person.

yeah, having 6 out of towners and having a 210 million dollar payroll is really identical.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    yeah, having 6 out of towners and having a 210 million dollar payroll is really identical.
    No one said it's "identical" sleepy. You're just contradicting the point you're trying to make.

And referring to them affectionately as "out of towners" doesn't make them any different from the Yanks "high priced free agents". Minaya went out and bought himself some talent, exactly like he should have.

Met fans need to recognize that everything they hate about the Yankees is what they like about this year's Mets. That's how baseball works, the big market teams have a decided advantage, and to be honest, we like it that way. Is it fair? No. But when you're on this side of the fence, it sure is fun.

No one said it's "identical" sleepy. You're just contradicting the point you're trying to make.

And referring to them affectionately as "out of towners" doesn't make them any different from the Yanks "high priced free agents". Minaya went out and bought himself some talent, exactly like he should have.

Met fans need to recognize that everything they hate about the Yankees is what they like about this year's Mets. That's how baseball works, the big market teams have a decided advantage, and to be honest, we like it that way. Is it fair? No. But when you're on this side of the fence, it sure is fun.
    Let me break it down to you.

The Mets and the Yankees both have "high priced free agents".

The difference is, the Mets have like half the amount the Yankees do, and it adds up to half the amount of the Payroll.

The Mets have the fifth largest payroll, and there's like 10 teams all within like 10M of it. The Yankees have the Largest payroll, by about 80 Million dollars now. There is no teams NEAR that amount of payroll. So to try and say "ohhhh well the mets are doing the same thing the yankees are doing!!!" is another garbage argument that makes little sense. NO ONE is, or has, done what the Yankees are doing.

All League
    Let me break it down to you.

The Mets and the Yankees both have "high priced free agents".

The difference is, the Mets have like half the amount the Yankees do, and it adds up to half the amount of the Payroll.

The Mets have the fifth largest payroll, and there's like 10 teams all within like 10M of it. The Yankees have the Largest payroll, by about 80 Million dollars now. There is no teams NEAR that amount of payroll. So to try and say "ohhhh well the mets are doing the same thing the yankees are doing!!!" is another garbage argument that makes little sense. NO ONE is, or has, done what the Yankees are doing.
    Thanks for the "break down", I had no idea who had the higher payroll. Now I realize why I didn't engage you on an intelligent debate earlier - you aren't capable. I'll try one more time - put your juice-box down and focus for a second:

You started a thread complaining about the Yankees buying talent to improve their team, and inarguably, the Mets have done the same exact thing. The proof is in your signature image. Just because they haven't spent as much doesn't mean they aren't following the same strategy. (Read that again so you're sure you get it. Good? Ok let's continue): They are the best team in the National League, and they have the highest payroll in the National League - see the similarity yet? Next time you brag how great the Mets are to a Marlins fan, go ahead and tell them it's not the payroll, the Mets are just "Amazin"...

I have to laugh at the denial Met fans like you stubbornly stick to. Go ahead and "Believe" (you gotta Believe, right?) that the Mets are winning the "right way" and that they are built around a "core of homegrown talent" with fire and spunk. That is feel-good anecdotal crap amongst Met fans to make them feel like they are still scrappy underdogs. The reality is they opened their wallet and went out and bought 2 good starters, a good closer, and a few big bats and that is why they are where they are today. Get it yet? Good. Class dismissed.

Banned
    Thanks for the "break down", I had no idea who had the higher payroll. Now I realize why I didn't engage you on an intelligent debate earlier - you aren't capable. I'll try one more time - put your juice-box down and focus for a second:
    HAHAHAHA!!!LMAO!!!

he didn't like my warm milk reference either..

Banned
    I'll try one more time - put your juice-box down and focus for a second
    HAHAHA!!!THAT STILL KILLS ME

All League
    And the Yankees are always a playoff contender. The Mets? Once a decade they are...

Quote Originally Posted by rep
    And the Yankees are always a playoff contender. The Mets? Once a decade they are...
    a 200 million dollar payroll should at least grant you playoff contention, huh?

All League
    a 200 million dollar payroll should at least grant you playoff contention, huh?

A 100 million one should too, but the mets have proved differently.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rep
    A 100 million one should too, but the mets have proved differently.
    Well said.