Thread: Idea for a new sitcom

Hall Of Fame

Idea for a new sitcom

An Arab family in the West Bank.

Stage shot: Living room (no furniture, just ratty pillows on the floor and a rug; windows bricked up). Middle aged husband and wife sitting on the floor going through a scrapbook

Husband: (turning a page) And Look! back in the day, when all we could muster was a hijacking of a cruise ship and pushing an old Jew in a wheelchair into the sea... (muted canned laughter, wife looks on, smiling, husband turns another page) And here we have our proudest moment! (It's a picture of the WTC in rubble).

Pregnant pause.

Wife: We've come a long way, baby!

(Cue the canned laughter).

What do you think? OK, I doubt the networks will touch this, maybe Al Jazeera? Work with me, you silly little freaks!

Hall Of Fame
    They'll need to have pix of their dead children who became "martyrs", along with Sean Penn in Iraq, and anti-war protests in the US and Europe. A picture on the wall of their newest grandchild dressed up in fatigues holding a weapon.

When they open a closet door, we can see a stockpile of nails (to maximize belt bomb damage). How's that?

Better yet, steal a scene from Full Metal Jacket and have a dead IDF soldier propped up in the courtyard they can taunt periodically. Its pure gold.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum
    They'll need to have pix of their dead children who became "martyrs", along with Sean Penn in Iraq, and anti-war protests in the US and Europe. A picture on the wall of their newest grandchild dressed up in fatigues holding a weapon.

When they open a closet door, we can see a stockpile of nails (to maximize belt bomb damage). How's that?

Better yet, steal a scene from Full Metal Jacket and have a dead IDF soldier propped up in the courtyard they can taunt periodically. Its pure gold.
    Ha ha!

Yeah, and here's another upside:

Say one of the castmembers gets too popular and wants to renogiate his/her contract? Phasing them out will be no problem, we'll just have an episode where they become a suicide bomber!

Hall Of Fame
    You mentioned canned laughter, so It'll be a comedy...hmmm...needs a good name:

"I Love Fatima"
    "Allah Knows Best"
    "Leave It To Achmed"
    "I Dream of 72 Virgins"
    "The Mohammed Family"
    "KABOOOOM!"

All I can come up with right now...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum
    You mentioned canned laughter, so It'll be a comedy...hmmm...needs a good name:

"I Love Fatima"
    "Allah Knows Best"
    "Leave It To Achmed"
    "I Dream of 72 Virgins"
    "The Mohammed Family"
    "KABOOOOM!"

All I can come up with right now...
    Priceless!

Veteran
    Reminds me of something. Whichever season of "Last Comic Standing" Rich Voss was on, for one of the competitions they had to pitch the idea of a network sitcom to some network executives.

Voss, as well as a few of the other comedians on the show who were actually funny (as opposed to Dat Phan, who ended up winning) detested the contest almost as much as they destested network execs.

Anyway, Voss' pitch for a show was about 2 terrorists (one Sunni, one Shiite) living in New York City, who were the Keystone Kops of terror. All of the execs were appalled, and Voss, needless to say didn't win the competition.

On the way out, he said something like "well, I didn't walk in their with much and they didn't pay any attention to me...pretty much typical network exec meetings. I guess they just didn't see the lighter side of terrorism."

F*cked up, but funny.

Veteran
    what about a sitcom of the rasict zionist spamming messgae boards with his hate and mind bongling ignorance. That would surely be hysterical as theres plenty of material to already work with.

All Pro
    how bout life in crawford...24 hours of W would be hysterical..
    Last edited by bman; 08-11-2006 at 07:07 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Till Death
    what about a sitcom of the rasict zionist spamming messgae boards with his hate and mind bongling ignorance. That would surely be hysterical as theres plenty of material to already work with.

That's usually the response from somebody with wet cement between their ears when confronted with facts. "You're a raythitht".

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/

flushingjet
    what about a sitcom of the Hezbollah sympathisers spamming message boards with their hate and mind boggling ignorance. That would surely be hysterical as theres plenty of material to already work with

there fixed it for ya
    although "mind bongling" was funny

oh yeah Zionism is racism
    thats what all the good jihadis say

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Moses
    An Arab family in the West Bank.

Stage shot: Living room (no furniture, just ratty pillows on the floor and a rug; windows bricked up). Middle aged husband and wife sitting on the floor going through a scrapbook

Husband: (turning a page) And Look! back in the day, when all we could muster was a hijacking of a cruise ship and pushing an old Jew in a wheelchair into the sea... (muted canned laughter, wife looks on, smiling, husband turns another page) And here we have our proudest moment! (It's a picture of the WTC in rubble).

Pregnant pause.

Wife: We've come a long way, baby!

(Cue the canned laughter).

What do you think? OK, I doubt the networks will touch this, maybe Al Jazeera? Work with me, you silly little freaks!

And if the ratings dive and the network executives need a way to kill the whole program you could have a suicide-bomber blow up the whole family.

However, the suicide-bomber won't get his spin-off series because he blew himself up!! Freakin' muslim terrorists can't do anything right!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet

However, the suicide-bomber won't get his spin-off series because he blew himself up!! Freakin' muslim terrorists can't do anything right!

Yeah, we'll have to work out the kinks, but I feel ya, I feel ya...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Till Death
    Hey - we found a lead! Listen, bubbala - have your people call my people, and we'll work something out. Do you want to be paid in dollars, dinars, or liters of liquid explosives? I hate to bring this up, but I must: if the show doesn't last one season, you gotta promise not to blow anything up, ok?