View Poll Results: Who would you be most scared of in the NL Wildcard?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Los Angeles

6 46.15%
  • Cincinnati

0 0%
  • Arizona

0 0%
  • San Diego

0 0%
  • Houston

7 53.85%
  • Philadelphia

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you be most scared of in the NL Wildcard?

Who would you be most scared of in the NL Wildcard?

I think the teams that scare me the most in the first round would be:

1) Houston

2) LA

3) Phila

in that order... If Lidge gets back on track and their hitting comes alive I think I would be real scared of them... They were just in a WS and they understand what it takes to win games (for the most part)... I think they are the most "lightning in a bottle scenerio"

LA is on that hot tear but against crappy teams... so I dont even know. Plus they have no relief besides Broxton or whatever his name. Their SP doesnt scare me that much.

Philly honestly maybe is more scary than LA... they have Big How and a bunch of other guys who can hit in the clutch, if their pitching lights up I dont wanna mess with them.

All League
    LA is the best team of the bunch, but they still have alot of holes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    Blah Blah blah...

I'm not worried for the following reasons:

- When we have games that for some reason the media and the fans are putting pressure on to win, they go out and win them. Example was the Braves series. Were they an imminent threat? No. But they were popping off at the mouth about getting back into the division race, they were one of the hottest teams in the league, and We came into THEIR place and sweeped them out.

- The Mets are not playing sloppy ball. If anything, hell the Yankees have been playing sloppier ball and they are in a division race to begin with. The Mets are not seen making sloppy errors and I think we can attribute that to Willie's influence.

- The fans put a lot of pressure on the Mets still. If you ever go out to Shea and it's a tight game, you will hear the place reacting like its a world series game or something... The Mets players feel the energy and there is definatly no lapsing.

I thought you said you are not worried???

aaahhh..another contradiction by the master of misinformation who has really made a name for himself in a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells

aaahhh..another contradiction by the master of misinformation who has really made a name for himself in a short period of time.
    Man... can you grow up?

All League
    deal with it jermaine. if you are going to respond negatively to everyone else's posts, you will get a negative comment every time you type a letter. it isn't going to stop

Banned
    Man... can you grow up?

aaaaawwww..sounds like someone doesn't like his own medicine..

thats too bad..you started it..and now I'm starting to have some fun

Banned
    I think the teams that scare me the most in the first round would be:

1) Houston

2) LA

3) Phila

in that order... If Lidge gets back on track and their hitting comes alive I think I would be real scared of them... They were just in a WS and they understand what it takes to win games (for the most part)... I think they are the most "lightning in a bottle scenerio"

LA is on that hot tear but against crappy teams... so I dont even know. Plus they have no relief besides Broxton or whatever his name. Their SP doesnt scare me that much.

Philly honestly maybe is more scary than LA... they have Big How and a bunch of other guys who can hit in the clutch, if their pitching lights up I dont wanna mess with them.

Blah Blah blah...

I'm not worried for the following reasons:

- When we have games that for some reason the media and the fans are putting pressure on to win, they go out and win them. Example was the Braves series. Were they an imminent threat? No. But they were popping off at the mouth about getting back into the division race, they were one of the hottest teams in the league, and We came into THEIR place and sweeped them out.

- The Mets are not playing sloppy ball. If anything, hell the Yankees have been playing sloppier ball and they are in a division race to begin with. The Mets are not seen making sloppy errors and I think we can attribute that to Willie's influence.

- The fans put a lot of pressure on the Mets still. If you ever go out to Shea and it's a tight game, you will hear the place reacting like its a world series game or something... The Mets players feel the energy and there is definatly no lapsing.

All League
    Honestly none of those teams "scare" me. I think the team that would give us the best competition is the Dodgers. But I believe we would still beat the Dodgers in a best of 5 or 7 {whatever the series would be}.

I actually hope we get a harder team, that way we'll be ready for the tougher AL clubs instead of napping against creampuffs and then getting a rude awakening

I think it's very obvious that what I meant, is "which of these possible opponents do you think will be the most difficult", not "which of these juggernaughts terrify you".

I'm not "scared" of losing to any of those teams... I phrased it like that because thats a common sports phrasing. I think the Mets would do fine against any of them in the first round, but the question is really who would be the most difficult.

Happy now that I spelled it out for you, little boy?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jermaine]I think the teams that scare me the most
    [/QUOTE=Jermaine]

[QUOTE=Jermaine]Blah Blah blah...

I'm not worried for the following reasons[/QUOTE=Jermaine]

In words you will understand, Jermaine:

BP just OWNED you.
    Last edited by CT. JETS FAN; 08-13-2006 at 10:56 AM.

watch Out For The Semantics Patrol

you Mets fans are delirious... the NL East is like a Triple-A league and has been all season. once you see how good teams play in the postseason you are in for a world of trouble.

Banned
    the Braves.

Banned
    and Florida should be a choice also.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    and Florida should be a choice also.

youve officially gone coo coo.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    youve officially gone coo coo.
    why? What that team has done with a bunch of minor leaguers is phenominal. Girardi would get my vote for manager of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    why? What that team has done with a bunch of minor leaguers is phenominal. Girardi would get my vote for manager of the year.
    yeah but that doesnt make them WC contenders.

Banned
    yeah but that doesnt make them WC contenders.
    6 games out with 46 left to play deems them out of the WC race? Intelligent.