Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: News: A-ROD IS NOW THE BIG HURT

News: A-ROD IS NOW THE BIG HURT

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees..._morrissey.htm

Lol, this guy just continues to entertain...

""I think it's going to be a good ending," A-Rod said. "That's why I don't worry about anything. Last year I was MVP, I stunk in the playoffs and I was a bum. This time I'm having a rough season and I can be a hero.""

man... is he putting pressure on himself or what? When this guy invariably fails to come through in the next few pressure spots, it's gonna be really nasty out there.

He also inferred that injuries have played a part - both offensively and defensively - in his pinstriped season to forget.

What was his injury... a bruised ego?

BTW, you'll find out later, A-Rod claims that his injury was so bad he should have been on the DL... what a joke.

The Yankee fans have brutalized this guy unmercifully. I think they have damaged his mental state for the game. Really is a shame as he is a great player and could fall into the most hated Yankee by their own fans.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    The Yankee fans have brutalized this guy unmercifully. I think they have damaged his mental state for the game. Really is a shame as he is a great player and could fall into the most hated Yankee by their own fans.
    Really? Is it that bad? I knew he got booed and stuff but I didn't think it was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet

historically he won't be remebered as the most hated Yankee. he may be disliked now as he goes through his funk, but looking back in 20 years he'll be remebred mostly for being one of the best players in baseball. I kinda feel bad for him, and I hope he does succeed in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    historically he won't be remebered as the most hated Yankee. he may be disliked now as he goes through his funk, but looking back in 20 years he'll be remebred mostly for being one of the best players in baseball. I kinda feel bad for him, and I hope he does succeed in the postseason.
    I wouldn't call the Yankees a postseason lock just yet.

Newest member of the unhealthy obsession club:

Jermaine with A-Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    I wouldn't call the Yankees a postseason lock just yet.

true, but they would have to lose a LOT of consecutive games to miss the postseason

true, but they would have to lose a LOT of consecutive games to miss the postseason
    Not true at all. Yankees are only one game ahead of the East and they would be one game behind the Sox in the WC.
    Code:
    AMERICAN W L PCT GB HOME ROAD RS RA STRK L10 
    Detroit 76 41 .650 - 37-19 39-22 600 463 Lost 5 4-6 
    Chicago Sox 70 46 .603 5.5 39-21 31-25 658 559 Won 4 7-3 
    NY Yankees 68 46 .596 6.5 37-21 31-25 629 535 Lost 1 5-5 
    Boston 68 48 .586 7.5 38-17 30-31 646 581 Won 3 4-6 
    Minnesota 68 49 .581 8 40-18 28-31 591 528 Won 1 6-4
    The Soxs? would have to play just one game better than the Yanks the rest of the way and the Yankees would be sitting at home for PS play.

i think you're confusing the yankees with their younger, better looking, new york counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    i think you're confusing the yankees with their younger, better looking, new york counterparts.
    haha

you mean these guys?

All Pro
    Who play in a CRAPPY NL league.

All Pro
    I love the Hate fella's ,just keep it coming.

Karma is a *itch.

you mean these guys?

no... definatly THESE guys:

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    I love the Hate fella's ,just keep it coming.

Karma is a *itch.

yeah karma definatly is a b*tch...

kind of like when you greedily buy up every all star available and then have little to no success in the postseason

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    yeah karma definatly is a b*tch...

kind of like when you greedily buy up every all star available and then have little to no success in the postseason
    I love it when fans throw us to the wolves. And especially fans who whine because one team wants to win and the other team is too cheap to win but both play in the same big market city. Fred Coupon , has finally seen the light.We won our rings without an all star at every position. Did we forget so soon or was they just whining about how life isn't fair.

I love the cockiness our cross town fans has shown.

I love the arrogance they have shown.

But I wonder ,where was all of this after 2000 ws.

I guess it takes the COLLAPSE of an whole league for our cross town heroes to get somewhere ,finally..
    Met fans ,best of luck ! Much success

wah wah wah wah wah wah wah
    Translation: I owned you SO HARD with that one lol

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    Translation: I owned you SO HARD with that one lol
    Jermaine buddy , much success to you and the Mets.

Why I should feel angry or upset?

After all I root for the best sports franchise on earth.

P.S the whole own thing , sounds corny and retarded.I haven't see elementary school since eons . Please save that for another poster.

Jermaine buddy , much success to you and the Mets.

Why I should feel angry or upset?

After all I root for the best sports franchise on earth.

P.S the whole own thing , sounds corny and retarded.I haven't see elementary school since eons . Please save that for another poster.
    lol... I just think its funny how i owned you so badly with that Karma thing.

it's cool though.

reload and go again.