Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like the Mets got blown out again...

Looks like the Mets got blown out again...

2 nights in a row, against the ****-eating Phils. ouch. that's alright, Jermaine isn't worried about it.

They don't need to worry about it in the short term, but that pitching staff needs to get it together when the playoffs start. Mets fans can start panicking if this continues on a semi-regular basis for the next few weeks.

when you have a 13 game lead you dont need to worry about it.

this was just a 2 day colonic, and hopefully things should get back to normal.

i'm honestly not worried for ****.

Did you see Reyes hit 3 HR?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    when you have a 13 game lead you dont need to worry about it.

this was just a 2 day colonic, and hopefully things should get back to normal.

i'm honestly not worried for ****.

Did you see Reyes hit 3 HR?
    Chipper Jones hit 3 HR..thatdoesnt make us okay either. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    Chipper Jones hit 3 HR..thatdoesnt make us okay either. What's your point?
    rofl of course it doesnt make the braves "ok"... they are what 55-63?

All League
    When its two of your potential playoff starters getting blown out, its another thing. Sure you don't look at the actual loss in the loss column as big... but.....

What if Pedro can't be that #1 type guy? What if El Duque (a likely candidate for #3 or #4 in the playoffs) can't do ****? Glavine? Can anyone really ever trust him? These are some serious concerns that the Mets HAVE to look at. Win the division by 20 or 2, it doesn't matter, but the state of the pitching staff does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by rep
    When its two of your potential playoff starters getting blown out, its another thing. Sure you don't look at the actual loss in the loss column as big... but.....

What if Pedro can't be that #1 type guy? What if El Duque (a likely candidate for #3 or #4 in the playoffs) can't do ****? Glavine? Can anyone really ever trust him? These are some serious concerns that the Mets HAVE to look at. Win the division by 20 or 2, it doesn't matter, but the state of the pitching staff does matter.
    In total honesty... I am worried about El Duqe. He has been on and off.

I am not worried at all about Pedro, call me crazy.

Give some rest, and let him just pitch in the playoffs, and he'll be fine.

Glavine I can see having an ERA of 3.5 in the playoffs.

All Pro

you got a point , the 14 or whatever game lead is out the door. It's all about going into the postseason with momentum especially from your pitching staff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm actually more worried about our hitting. You're supposed to put up big #'s in CBP. Wright and Delgado are in horrible slumps, Milledge is damaging his trade value, and we got some rejects and a journeyman 2nd baseman taking time from Endy(hello, Willie?). We're not even using the guy we got for Nady.

All League

Agreed. The rotation was the biggest problem going into the season and still is. I would hate to win the division... only to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. We need all the big name guys to step up.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    I'm actually more worried about our hitting. You're supposed to put up big #'s in CBP. Wright and Delgado are in horrible slumps, Milledge is damaging his trade value, and we got some rejects and a journeyman 2nd baseman taking time from Endy(hello, Willie?). We're not even using the guy we got for Nady.
    Agreed !! This is exactly what worries me the most. If Reyes can pop off 3 HR's (IMPRESSIVE) in CBP, then the rest of the Mets lineup should be doing some serious damage as well. The last 2 games no one drove in any runs except for Reyes... that's HORRIBLE.

Agreed on your second point as well. Willie's incompetence continues to amaze me. I've been screaming for Chavez for the last few days. Enough of this "we're experimenting because we have a HUGE lead" $hit. Willie needs to put Endy in right and Tucker (until Floyd is back) in left.

Banned
    rofl of course it doesnt make the braves "ok"... they are what 55-63?
    I dont know buddy...by your logic its ok.

The thread and responses is just why we need Jermaine.

Keep it coming Jermaine..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    The thread and responses is just why we need Jermaine.

Keep it coming Jermaine..
    and you said you root for both teams...

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    and you said you root for both teams...
    I really do. You'll never see me bad mouth the Yankee's outright. But I am a Met fan first and what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I dont know buddy...by your logic its ok.
    By my logic it's ok when you have a 13 game lead.

nothing's ok if your losing when your 8 games under.

Banned
    By my logic it's ok when you have a 13 game lead.

nothing's ok if your losing when your 8 games under.
    All is well in jermaines world..long live individual accomplishments!

All is well in jermaines world..long live individual accomplishments!
    ??? What are you failing to understand here? It's ok to lose a game when your 13 games up. It's not ok when your 8 games under .500

Hall Of Fame
    I am not worried at all about Pedro, call me crazy.
    You're crazy.

Banned
    ??? What are you failing to understand here? It's ok to lose a game when your 13 games up. It's not ok when your 8 games under .500
    youd rather a 3 hr game than a win? it doesnt matter if your 0-161 or 161-0...thats a horrible way to look at it.