Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Fox newsmen kidnapped by, Guess Who?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582

    Fox newsmen kidnapped by, Guess Who?

    Fox newsmen Steve Centani and colleague Olif Wilig were taken hostage in Palestine by a Group of ...

    A. Evangelical Christians
    B. Orthadox Jews
    C. Buddist Monks
    D. Hindu Peaceniks
    E. Islamo Nazis

    I know this is a tough one, but take a shot in the dark
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 08-17-2006 at 10:45 AM.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Fox newsmen Steve Centanni and colleague Olif Wilig were taken hostage in Palestine by a Group of ...

    A. Evangelical Christians
    B. Orthadox Jews
    C. Buddist Monks
    D. Hindu Peaceniks
    E. Islamo Nazis

    I know this is a tough one, but take a shot in the dark

    These ceasefires are amazing.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Ummmm...these guys?







    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 08-17-2006 at 09:40 AM.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    Does the dnc have an office in gaza?

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    no one's debating the problem - it exists and is real

    what I'm challenging is the solution

    invading countries unilaterally and rebuilding them is just plain stupid

    the results are bearing themselves out...

    if anything we as a nation are more hated than before 9/11

    but you guys aren't concerned about what's real and what will work - not when it conflicts with pretty picture the administration paints.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    no one's debating the problem - it exists and is real

    what I'm challenging is the solution

    invading countries unilaterally and rebuilding them is just plain stupid

    the results are bearing themselves out...

    if anything we as a nation are more hated than before 9/11

    but you guys aren't concerned about what's real and what will work - not when it conflicts with pretty picture the administration paints.
    Whether or not this country is hated a little more or a little less really isn't the issue. The issue is people acting on their hate. Having a few less or more people hate us really isn't a solution to the acting out on the hate. I prefer to try and stop those that would act on their hate than try to bribe them into not acting on it. The thing about blackmail is once you start paying, the fee keeps going up until they have to act again to get your attention.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs
    I prefer to try and stop those that would act on their hate than try to bribe them into not acting on it. The thing about blackmail is once you start paying, the fee keeps going up until they have to act again to get your attention.
    Neo cons assume that the only alternative to their way is appeasment and bribery

    That's not going to work i agree - clinton's "foreign policy" was an abortion

    the only thing these people respect is fear and brutality - that's why saddam stayed in power for 35 years and we can't get the power on in bagdhad for more than an hour every three days

    the only way to stop the next 9/11 is to get our own house in order and secure our own borders - intelligent isolationism with ruthless special forces and weaning ourselves off of the petro-addiction - that's what I would propose

    not bribery

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Weeb
    Does the dnc have an office in gaza?
    and in that vane....


    you don't think for a second they would kidnap a writer from the NY Slimes, a reporter from CNN or radio voice from NPR now, do you??


    why cut off the hand that feeds you...

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    How many of the "British liquid explosive terror plot" arrestees were from Iraq?

    They said some of the plotters were trained at Al Queda camps. Where are these camps? Iraq? Or are they near the Afghan border with Pakistan?

  10. #10
    flushingjet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    no one's debating the problem - it exists and is real

    what I'm challenging is the solution

    invading countries unilaterally and rebuilding them is just plain stupid

    the results are bearing themselves out...

    if anything we as a nation are more hated than before 9/11

    but you guys aren't concerned about what's real and what will work - not when it conflicts with pretty picture the administration paints.

    you wouldnt know whats real from a chalupa
    you just hate Bush
    the US has been admired and hated long before we were born -nothing to do w/ Bush
    I dont lose sleep over what China, Belgium and Turkey thinks of us
    or libs
    we invaded countries unilaterally if it was deemed necessary
    way before this admin
    Kosovo-yeah that was a good one! only after 250,000 people died
    or our humanitarian efforts to save lives in Rwanda-wait that didnt happen
    no that was carter saving lives in "Kampuchea"...
    nope not that either.

    go do something productive-
    write a mash note to Neddy Lamont
    (who's already trailing bigtime,*chuckle*)
    and get ready for the ball to drop on new year's
    I hear 1939 is gonna be great!

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    Neo cons assume that the only alternative to their way is appeasment and bribery

    That's not going to work i agree - clinton's "foreign policy" was an abortion

    the only thing these people respect is fear and brutality - that's why saddam stayed in power for 35 years and we can't get the power on in bagdhad for more than an hour every three days

    the only way to stop the next 9/11 is to get our own house in order and secure our own borders - intelligent isolationism with ruthless special forces and weaning ourselves off of the petro-addiction - that's what I would propose

    not bribery

    The only way to stop terrorism is to kill the terrorists.

    If building a democracy works, fine. If it doesn't, the iraqi's will prove that arabs/muslims don't deserve to be free and productive. Then the WWII scenario comes into play: kill them until they surrender. Show them the brutality they crave.

    The liberal way of giving up and giving in is nothing more than an American surrender.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Fox newsmen Steve Centani and colleague Olif Wilig were taken hostage in Palestine by a Group of ...

    A. Evangelical Christians
    B. Orthadox Jews
    C. Buddist Monks
    D. Hindu Peaceniks
    E. Islamo Nazis

    I know this is a tough one, but take a shot in the dark
    F. All organized religion.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Weeb
    The only way to stop terrorism is to kill the terrorists.
    this assumes there is a finite number of terrorists

    if killing them creates more terrorists what then?

    kill em all?

    and if this is in fact the way to go what about the fact that Bush has screwed around with them for 4 years playing cowboys and arabs? Gross incompetance should not be worshipped.

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by flushingjet
    you wouldnt know whats real from a chalupa
    you just hate Bush
    the US has been admired and hated long before we were born -nothing to do w/ Bush
    I dont lose sleep over what China, Belgium and Turkey thinks of us
    or libs
    we invaded countries unilaterally if it was deemed necessary
    way before this admin
    Kosovo-yeah that was a good one! only after 250,000 people died
    or our humanitarian efforts to save lives in Rwanda-wait that didnt happen
    no that was carter saving lives in "Kampuchea"...
    nope not that either.

    go do something productive-
    write a mash note to Neddy Lamont
    (who's already trailing bigtime,*chuckle*)
    and get ready for the ball to drop on new year's
    I hear 1939 is gonna be great!
    according to latest fox news poll 58% of Americans want troops out of Iraq by the end of the year

    67% believe we cannot win this war

    i know it's hard to be marginalized Flushing Jet but please get a tissue and stop crying, it's embarassing for everyone

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    F. All organized religion.
    Because you know more than "God". You advertise this at every opportunity, NYM. You might even walk around life wondering why people just don't "get it" like you do, right?

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance
    Because you know more than "God". You advertise this at every opportunity, NYM. You might even walk around life wondering why people just don't "get it" like you do, right?
    I thought that was very good answer. I would have to say everyone knows more then "God", considering that "God" is nothing more then a made up concept that varies between beliefs. You advertise your religious beliefs at every opportunity so what's the difference? And I'm sure you might walk around trying to figure out why people like me just don't "get it" again what's the difference between me and you? I believe one thing and voice it, you believe another and voice it.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    considering that "God" is nothing more then a made up concept that varies between beliefs.
    You ain't stating belief, chief - you're stating what you consider fact. And that's laughable.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance
    You ain't stating belief, chief - you're stating what you consider fact. And that's laughable.
    I have never once said that I'm positive about anything to do with religion. This is what I believe and because you don't agree you think it is laughable. It is funny when you disagree with God or religious views, people that are religious flip. I have no problem with what you believe or even with ST99 believes but I do think that you are both wrong but I also think that I might be wrong and everyone else could be wrong also. You make statements that you believe are true but I'm not aloud to consider them false because you believe them. How does that work?
    Last edited by New York Mick; 08-17-2006 at 03:58 PM.

  19. #19
    flushingjet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    F. All organized religion.
    Gotta love that moral equivalence.
    Makes whites whiter, colors brighter too.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192
    Quote Originally Posted by flushingjet
    Gotta love that moral equivalence.
    Makes whites whiter, colors brighter too.
    Should I change my name to Clorox 2?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us