Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, Arod and Jeter hate each other?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Arod and Jeter hate each other?

Man... I was hearing a bunch of stuff on WFAN with Evan roberts and guys were calling up asking if they hate each other... Apparantly there was a routine pop up that should have been easily caught, basically hit directly to where Arod was standing, Jeter called for it and scooted in to get it and like ran into him. there was still a man on base though, and after it dropped out of Arods glove, no one picked it up... Jeter just stood behind him and gave him the ill death stare for a few seconds, then walked back to short without picking it up.

he said this after the game:

"I thought he had it," Jeter said. "I didn't touch the ball. When it was hit, I was calling it. I guess he didn't hear me. I thought he had it."

Doesnt sound too good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    **** happens. Players collide (See Cameron and Beltran)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude
    All of us die-hard Met fans hate the Yanks, but you are clearly infatuated with the Yankees. Do yourself a favor and just forget them, dont watch YES, skip over the news about them in the papers, and enjoy this championship season we're having.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect112row36
    Dude
    All of us die-hard Met fans hate the Yanks, but you are clearly infatuated with the Yankees. Do yourself a favor and just forget them, dont watch YES, skip over the news about them in the papers, and enjoy this championship season we're having.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells

heheh, did u realize that u just indirectly admitted the mets are having a championship season?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    Man... I was hearing a bunch of stuff on WFAN with Evan roberts and guys were calling up asking if they hate each other... Apparantly there was a routine pop up that should have been easily caught, basically hit directly to where Arod was standing, Jeter called for it and scooted in to get it and like ran into him. there was still a man on base though, and after it dropped out of Arods glove, no one picked it up... Jeter just stood behind him and gave him the ill death stare for a few seconds, then walked back to short without picking it up.

he said this after the game:

"I thought he had it," Jeter said. "I didn't touch the ball. When it was hit, I was calling it. I guess he didn't hear me. I thought he had it."

Doesnt sound too good.

now you're talking **** about things you DIDN'T EVEN SEE. I saw the play on tv, and I heard the postgame interviews. with my own eyes and ears.

the situation was that both guys actually thought the other one caught it. Jeter started to trot off the field because he thought A-Rod got it, and A-Rod turned around asked Jeter is he had it. it's kind of hard to explain but Jeter was backing up A-Rod, A-Rod's glove went up over his head, covering Jeter's field of vision, and the ball simply bounced out of A-Rod's glove. it was confusion, it wasn't hatred.

you honestly think Jeter would give him a "death stare", anyway? he's the Yankee captain, he one of the most diplomatic players in baseball and he understands the importance of clubhouse unity.

man, you REALLY are stupid

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    now you're talking **** about things you DIDN'T EVEN SEE. I saw the play on tv, and I heard the postgame interviews. with my own eyes and ears.

the situation was that both guys actually thought the other one caught it. Jeter started to trot off the field because he thought A-Rod got it, and A-Rod turned around asked Jeter is he had it. it's kind of hard to explain but Jeter was backing up A-Rod, A-Rod's glove went up over his head, covering Jeter's field of vision, and the ball simply bounced out of A-Rod's glove. it was confusion, it wasn't hatred.

you honestly think Jeter would give him a "death stare", anyway? he's the Yankee captain, he one of the most diplomatic players in baseball and he understands the importance of clubhouse unity.

man, you REALLY are stupid

I actually think YOU are the really stupid one if that's what you believe. I suggest you watch it again, because I played it like 10 times to check it out. If Jeter had thought that A-Rod caught it, explain to me why he stopped, gave him the stare, and then walked back over to short? It's my understanding that normally if you think the inning is over you head to the dugout, not back to your position. You give the guy a pat on the back, laugh, (if you dont hate him), and walk back to the dugout... He went directly back to short without looking back once.

In addition to this you can actually see Jeter kind of flinch towards where the ball falls like he thinks about picking it up for a second. Also, A-Rod knew for sure the ball was dropped. It HIT HIS GLOVE AND BOUNCED OUT. YOU FEEL THAT. on top of this they both heard the ball hit the ground and bounce around, it was quite during the play. But if it helps you to delude yourself, by all means, continue.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually think YOU are the really stupid one if that's what you believe. I suggest you watch it again, because I played it like 10 times to check it out. If Jeter had thought that A-Rod caught it, explain to me why he stopped, gave him the stare, and then walked back over to short? It's my understanding that normally if you think the inning is over you head to the dugout, not back to your position. You give the guy a pat on the back, laugh, (if you dont hate him), and walk back to the dugout... He went directly back to short without looking back once.

In addition to this you can actually see Jeter kind of flinch towards where the ball falls like he thinks about picking it up for a second. Also, A-Rod knew for sure the ball was dropped. It HIT HIS GLOVE AND BOUNCED OUT. YOU FEEL THAT. on top of this they both heard the ball hit the ground and bounce around, it was quite during the play. But if it helps you to delude yourself, by all means, continue.

so, first you say you didn't see the play, you just heard about it on the FAN. now, you're trying to tell me not only did you see it, but you apparently watched it 10 times?

and by the way, this is from mlb.com:

Jay Gibbons harmlessly popped up to third with two outs. Derek Jeter and Rodriguez drifted towards each other with each claiming they called it. Neither budged and they bumped into each other, causing the ball to bounce out of A-Rod's glove and behind both players.

As Miguel Tejada scored from second, Rodriguez asked Jeter if he caught it and Jeter thought he was joking so he started jogging off the field.

all you do around here is constantly post unecessary bull****. it's no wonder why you were banned from that other board. debate is one thing, but when you constantly make **** up and act like a child (my team is better than yours cause I said so!!) you piss off a lot of people.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolGreen222
    heheh, did u realize that u just indirectly admitted the mets are having a championship season?
    there are lots of championships..nl eastern division..AAAA championship..and the world series championship..

the one in bold was the one I thought you were talking about..sorry..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    so, first you say you didn't see the play, you just heard about it on the FAN. now, you're trying to tell me not only did you see it, but you apparently watched it 10 times?
    Man, do you have trouble reading or something? lol?

I said "I heard about it on WFAN", so I checked it out on MLB.TV ... You can click on any half inning and watch the action. I rewinded it and watched it like 10 times in a row... hence me saying "I suggest you watch it again, because I played it like 10 times to check it out". So i'm not sure where you get the idea that I didnt see it...

Quote Originally Posted by mlb.com
    As Miguel Tejada scored from second, Rodriguez asked Jeter if he caught it and Jeter thought he was joking so he started jogging off the field.
    I suggest you watch it again. Arods mouth does not move. And Jeter does not start "jogging off the field" he actually walks slowly back to his position at shortstop. There was no smiling or laughing. I'm almost willing to give you the MLB.TV pass you can see it again for yourself.

all you do around here is constantly post unecessary bull****. it's no wonder why you were banned from that other board. debate is one thing, but when you constantly make **** up and act like a child (my team is better than yours cause I said so!!) you piss off a lot of people.
    Awww, the little baby is getting cranky again! You dont want people to talk bad about your binky i understand.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    there are lots of championships..nl eastern division..AAAA championship..and the world series championship..

the one in bold was the one I thought you were talking about..sorry..

I guess it will suck to be a yankee fan come october when you lose the series to a AAAA team!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

I suggest you watch it again. Arods mouth does not move. And Jeter does not start "jogging off the field" he actually walks slowly back to his position at shortstop. There was no smiling or laughing. I'm almost willing to give you the MLB.TV pass you can see it again for yourself.

as much as I want to take your word for it, I have trouble believing you over a beat writer for Major League Baseball. especially since your only vantage point was grainy internet video. moron.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    as much as I want to take your word for it, I have trouble believing you over a beat writer for Major League Baseball. especially since your only vantage point was grainy internet video. moron.

Hey, faggot, if you dont believe me, go watch it for yourself. and go to MLB.TV and check out the "sample"... it's not grainy at all.
    Last edited by Jermaine; 08-18-2006 at 07:21 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jermaine.

You are a moron.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, faggot, if you dont believe me, go watch it for yourself. and go to MLB.TV and check out the "sample"... it's not grainy at all.

as much as I want to take your word for it, I have trouble believing you over a beat writer for Major League Baseball. especially since your only vantage point was SAMPLE internet video. moron.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    as much as I want to take your word for it, I have trouble believing you over a beat writer for Major League Baseball. especially since your only vantage point was SAMPLE internet video. moron.
    dude, WOW YOU ARE SUCH AN IDIOT... LOL

I TOLD YOU TO WATCH THE "SAMPLE" OF MLB.TV THAT IS ON THE PAGE SO YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELF THAT THE QUALITY IS NOT POOR. DID YOU GET LOBOTOMIZED OR SOMETHING?

I WATCHED IT LIKE 10 TIMES ON THE REAL MLB.TV AND YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE WHAT HAPPENED.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    Jermaine.

You are a moron.

Kooljet.

you are a faggot?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude, WOW YOU ARE SUCH AN IDIOT... LOL

I TOLD YOU TO WATCH THE "SAMPLE" OF MLB.TV THAT IS ON THE PAGE SO YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELF THAT THE QUALITY IS NOT POOR. DID YOU GET LOBOTOMIZED OR SOMETHING?

I WATCHED IT LIKE 10 TIMES ON THE REAL MLB.TV AND YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE WHAT HAPPENED.

caps lock makes a shtty argument more convincing, right?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    caps lock makes a shtty argument more convincing, right?
    There's no argument, retard. You misunderstood and as a result got owned.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good job, mods. Real good.