Report: Unknown ailment could derail Mets' Glavine
    ESPN.com news services

Tom Glavine
    Starting Pitcher
    New York Mets

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
    GM W L BB K ERA
    26 12 6 53 103 3.92

Tom Glavine's season could be in jeopardy.

Glavine, 40, has experienced coldness in a finger on his pitching hand, and the New York Mets left-hander is scheduled to undergo medical tests next week in hopes of finding the cause, sources told the New York Daily News.

Glavine, a 287-game winner, is scheduled to have a CT scan Monday and an angiogram on Wednesday, the newspaper reported. Doctors are unsure whether Glavine's problem is related to a blood clot or possibly a "knot" in an artery near his left shoulder.

Agent Gregg Clifton confirmed Saturday that diagnostic tests are planned for next week, but he declined to elaborate. Mets spokesman Jay Horwitz would not acknowledge a medical issue.

Doctors apparently have ruled out an aneurysm, the newspaper reported. Last year, Mets reliever Felix Heredia experienced coldness and numbness in his pitching hand and ultimately was diagnosed with an aneurysm in the shoulder, which ended his Mets career.

Glavine (12-6, 3.92 ERA) hasn't been present in the clubhouse the last two days at Shea Stadium.

The loss of Glavine would be a serious blow to the Mets, who already have Pedro Martinez on the disabled list for the second time this season.

I will do my best.

These ironies are what makes a Met/Jet fan have so much in common..

Banned
    wow..that sucks..that sounds like nerve damage of some sort..I had almost the same thing from lifting weights..my ulnar nerve made my pinky and other finger numb..dont know about the cold sensation though..thats strange..

I hope Glavine is okay but the Mets will be fine without him as long as Pedro is healthy.

That sounds alot like what David Cone went through in 96.

Cone was out for a couple of months.