Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The scoop on Kevan Barlow........

Jets Insider VIP

Thumbs up The scoop on Kevan Barlow........

Barlow is a class act. A total character player.

As far as football goes if you area true fan who actually watches every team play you know what Barlow brings to the table.

As a running back fan I can tell you that Barlow is one of the hardest runners in the NFL. He had absolutely no offensive line the past 2 seasons. With even a decent OL, Barlow is a beast. This is not coming from a Jet fan who does cartwheels over every single player the team signs or trades like 99% of the people on this board do.

All Pro
    I was sure he was a class act just like every other player here. He played well with a terrific offense around him.

I repeat again:

Jeff Garcia in his pro bowl days
    TO in his prime
    A solid O-Line

In 2002, Football Outsiders (who are a very smart group of guys) ranked the 49er run blocking 8th in the league

In 2003, 5th in the league

That is the proof I could find as none of you would belive me when I said the 49er offense before 2004 was potent.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance99

As far as football goes if you area true fan who actually watches every team play you know what Barlow brings to the table.

As a running back fan I can tell you that Barlow is one of the hardest runners in the NFL. He had absolutely no offensive line the past 2 seasons. With even a decent OL, Barlow is a beast. This is not coming from a Jet fan who does cartwheels over every single player the team signs or trades like 99% of the people on this board do.
    Thank you! I said that on the other Barlow threads, but those who dont look past the player themself dont seem to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey
    Thank you! I said that on the other Barlow threads, but those who dont look past the player themself dont seem to understand that.
    Just the other day on Sirius they said this guy was a problem child. It's interesting to read other info

Thanks
    Last edited by JetzIL; 08-20-2006 at 05:34 PM.

Why is their rumor in San Fran that Gore was going to replace him? I mean if he is such a great runner and all. I say he is mediocre at best. I am not upset with the trade. I pretty much like whatever about it. I dont think this move significantly improves our running game. But, it gives us some much needed depth at the position. Hopefully, I am wrong and he contributes a ton. Just dont see it happening.

Jets Insider VIP
    Over 4 yards per carry (career) works for me.

he has not sniffed 4 yds per carry in 3 yrs though..................

Barlow seemed to be upset earlier in the week about the trade rumors. I'll be very interested to see what his reaction is for being traded to the Jets.

Thanks SD......can you explain why so many other reports are down on him? I'm kung-fused.

SAR I

hey sack dance

[
    i find your religious depiction offensive and completely out of place.

to assume the one religion is any more true then another and then to post it along with any jet comments every time is out of scope. go to church and talk to you your other brainwashed comrades about how islam is false just leave it out of here, mel gibson.

this is a jets board not a kkk site.

why must you try and recruit and push your beliefs on others.

How would you feel if i put a degrading jesus cartoon like yours up?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

TRANSLATION: barlow is a christian. i am in talks to represent barlow for tradeshow signings and strip mall openings.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa
    Barlow seemed to be upset earlier in the week about the trade rumors. I'll be very interested to see what his reaction is for being traded to the Jets.
    I don't see why he'd be mad about getting traded.

He gets a fresh start here and a very good chance at winning the starting job. Frank Gore was gonna be the starter this year for San Fran anyway.

Gore has tons of talent. This is the same dude who scared Clinton Portis into leaving Miami a year early and took the starting job away from McGahee. He was a steal for the 49ers at the Top of round 3 a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy
    [

to assume the one religion is any more true then another and then to post it along with any jet comments every time is out of scope. go to church and talk to you your other brainwashed comrades about how islam is false just leave it out of here, mel gibson.

Religion is the number one cause of war, famine, and suffering in the world.

Hall Of Fame
    [

How many thread are you going to write this in? Just PM him or start a thread in the political forum he lives there.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by isired
    TRANSLATION: barlow is a christian. i am in talks to represent barlow for tradeshow signings and strip mall openings.
    Maybe we can bring Tiffany out of retirement!!! I heard she was born again after her playboy spread...she loves the mall tours!!

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable

He gets a fresh start here and a very good chance at winning the starting job. Frank Gore was gonna be the starter this year for San Fran anyway.

Gore has tons of talent. This is the same dude who scared Clinton Portis into leaving Miami a year early and took the starting job away from McGahee. He was a steal for the 49ers at the Top of round 3 a year ago.
    He is pissed because he isnt a #1 back. He wasnt there and he wont be here.

[

I was thinking the same thing. I am offended and outragged.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable

Isn't gore autistic with two artifical knees??? (and I'm not trying to be funny here)

Quote Originally Posted by isired
    Just found an autographed Kevan Barlow helmet on eBay! I think we can pool our money together and buy it for under $10. Who's with me?

KEVAN BARLOW SIGNED 49ERS MINI HELMET COA AUTO Item number: 290020783434

SAR I

[

You don't have to look at all the half naked girls people post. As you said this is a Jets board and your comment had nothing to do with the topic.

Personally, I think the Jets made a mistake picking up Barlow