Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOP is the real cut and run party

JetsInsider.com Legend

GOP is the real cut and run party

It wasn't too long ago a Republican Richard Nixon was president when we "cut and ran" in Viet Nam signing the Paris Peace Accords in 1973.

When our Marine barracks were bombed and hundreds of our soldiers were killed in Lebanon in the early eighties, Reagan was president. What happened? We cut and ran. Pulled out of Lebanon.

When Bush's father had the opportunity to take Bagdhad what did he do? Cut and run, baby.

History shows us that Republicans are the real "cut and run" party.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    It wasn't too long ago a Republican Richard Nixon was president when we "cut and ran" in Viet Nam signing the Paris Peace Accords in 1973.

When our Marine barracks were bombed and hundreds of our soldiers were killed in Lebanon in the early eighties, Reagan was president. What happened? We cut and ran. Pulled out of Lebanon.

When Bush's father had the opportunity to take Bagdhad what did he do? Cut and run, baby.

Someone's got some fresh new talking points!! And whaddya know, Kos has the same thing, huh? http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/6/20/112944/469

I actually agree with those examples, and, frankly, they demonstrate why cutting and running in Iraq today would be disastrous. Each of those cut and run mistakes had long-term consequences, no?

I'd also like to point out that you've praised H.W. Bush for not trying to take Bagdhad in the past, you've actually used it to show how intelligent he was, relative to his son. Now, apparently, that has changed. Ah, the intllectual integrity of Matthew Bitonti knows no bounds.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jets5ever
    Someone's got some fresh new talking points!! And whaddya know, Kos has the same thing, huh? http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/6/20/112944/469

busted...owned and all those other things....

not that it wasn't already known this clown was nothing more than a parrot of the lunatic left while accusing others of not thinking for themselves ...(of course he is the same complete hypocrite who gets on people that bring up clinton saying it doesn't matter or have anything to do with today's events)...

Sort of like saying "Americans are waking up after six years of this administration" after the Liberman/Lamont election....taken almost verbatim from a Moveon e-mail....

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=121635

You're absolutely right and that's why we should NOT cut and run. It never worked in the past. Cutting and running was not the answer in Vietnam. It partially created the Afghanistan we are fixing as we speak.
    I disagree with you on Bush Sr. He didn't cut and run. He never intended to take Baghdad. He never intended to unseat Hussein. His mission was accomplished.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Ah, the intllectual integrity of Matthew Bitonti knows no bounds.
    a foolish consistancy george

All Pro
    How was cutting and running the wrong strategy in Viet Nam? What were we supposed to do nuke them? That war was completely unwinnable with conventional warfare as much as we tried.

So what were the after affects of us leaving. Yes the South fell. Was there a domino affect in all of Southeast Asia that made communism thrive? Is Viet Nam now not a trading partner of ours and the area enjoys relative peace?

At that point in time leaving Viet Nam was the right answer just as it is now in Iraq.

I agree that in Lebanon we just left the problem to be taken care of another day and that was a mistake.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 08-21-2006 at 03:38 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    a foolish consistancy george
    Okay, so if consistency can often be foolish, why is this entire thread about how the GOP has been inconsistent on this issue? See, here's the problem; your statements don't even follow your own warped, internal logic. You quite literally make no sense....

flushingjet
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    ...(of course he is the same complete hypocrite who gets on people that bring up clinton saying it doesn't matter or have anything to do with today's events)...
    *chuckle*
    dont forget how important and relevant to today
    what churchill said/did in iraq in the 1920's is

flushingjet

?

Example # 3 was already explained to you,
    The Gulf War was prosecuted exactly according to
    world opinion-i wanted the place rolled up 100% back then

but in each case Congress was controlled by the Democrats-
    they controlled the war budgets

Also you must consider #1 & #2 within the context of the
    Cold War/WW III - but then you werent alive so you cant/dont realize
    the realpolitik of it all.

Viet Nam wasnt Nixons loser war-he got out as best he could
    Viet Nam was an Orwellian meat grinder compared to Iraq

Back then we still had a few patriotic pro-War Dems like Scoop Jackson
    once there was some integrity in that party

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by flushingjet
    *chuckle*
    dont forget how important and relevant to today
    what churchill said/did in iraq in the 1920's is

you got it wrong on this one....

...it's not Winston Churchill whose followings he believes in and finds pertinent....it is Ward Chruchill....hence more mainstream and current...

Dominican Republic 1965 (Democrat president withdraws)isaster
    Vietnam (Republican president withdraws): Disaster
    Lebanon (Republican president withdraws): Disaster
    Panama 1989 (Republican president withdraws): Disaster
    Iraq (Republican president withdraws): Disaster
    Somalia (Democrat president withdraws): Disaster
    Haiti 1994-1996 (Democrat president withdraws): Disaster

You sought out to burn the GOP but instead you have debunked your own line of logic applied to today's War in Iraq. Bravo.

Veteran

Lemme get this straight, Nixon pulls out of the war, a war that I can pretty make a sound conclusion that you didn't agree with or ever would, and we're with the 'bring home the troops immediately' crowd. Nixon actually does just that and withdraws troops and you label the GOP a cut and run party? You would have ripped on Nixon if he had kept troops there.

BTW, you've really proved your point today. GWB has really showed the GOP as a cut and run party. That's why there's still troops in Iraq right?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Okay, so if consistency can often be foolish, why is this entire thread about how the GOP has been inconsistent on this issue? See, here's the problem; your statements don't even follow your own warped, internal logic. You quite literally make no sense....

my point isn't to make sense it's to take Rove's most trusty slander and turn it on it's head

make it seem like you'd have to be crazy or at least ignorant to believe his "logic"

i think i've accomplished that much

Hall Of Fame
    my point isn't to make sense it's to take Rove's most trusty slander and turn it on it's head

make it seem like you'd have to be crazy or at least ignorant to believe his "logic"

i think i've accomplished that much
    But you clearly have no logic, so why should we believe anything you say? I think I have (repeatedly) demonstrated that much.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    But you clearly have no logic, so why should we believe anything you say? I think I have (repeatedly) demonstrated that much.
    you don't have to believe me just don't believe Karl Rove

the world will be a better place if no one ever did

Hall Of Fame
    corrected title:

bit really smokes and inhales while partying

Hall Of Fame

Master of Puppets is pulling your strings...

Hall Of Fame

God, Karl Rove nonsense, huh? You really are just a True Believer, huh? Cheny and Rove are evil, blah blah blah. You're like a child.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    you guys talk pretty good game for people that support a failed war and a failed President

read the news

you were wrong in 2002 and so was Bush

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

you guys talk pretty good game for people that support a failed war and a failed President

read the news

you were wrong in 2002 and so was Bush

blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah....no one on this board is as off the mark as you...(er, wait- QJF comes a very close second...)

back to Karl Rove bashing...taking your cue from cindy shehhan this week??
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 08-22-2006 at 03:06 PM.