Thread: Beatles Anniversary Celebration at Shea

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Beatles Anniversary Celebration at Shea

Last nite they had a band playing tunes between innings and breaks. They were worse than any wedding band I've ever seen, and the sound system sucked.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks. I didn't know they had a Beatles night. the idea is cool though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The band was called Tribute 1964. On the scoreboard they showed pics of the Beatles' arrival in the states, and their first concert at Shea. It was an awesome idea, but the band was absolutely pathetic. I have more musical talent than any of them and my Hagstrom is covered in spider webs all rusted out in the garage.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    The band was called Tribute 1964. On the scoreboard they showed pics of the Beatles' arrival in the states, and their first concert at Shea. It was an awesome idea, but the band was absolutely pathetic. I have more musical talent than any of them and my Hagstrom is covered in spider webs all rusted out in the garage.
    And to top it off, it really pissed off Trachsel to have the music playing during his warm up tosses. Personally, I think that's a crock, but that's what Trachsel said today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    And to top it off, it really pissed off Trachsel to have the music playing during his warm up tosses. Personally, I think that's a crock, but that's what Trachsel said today.
    Traschel is a bit of a head case, but have you noticed he's cut down on the inspirational meditation between pitches? I didn't see his comment, if you can find a link I'd like to read it. Too funny.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Traschel is a bit of a head case, but have you noticed he's cut down on the inspirational meditation between pitches? I didn't see his comment, if you can find a link I'd like to read it. Too funny.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/24/sp...tml?ref=sports

I took a quick look and this is only reference I saw of it, but I thought I saw it somewhere else too. I may have exaggerated with "really pissed off". The word this article uses was "distracted". If I see it somewhere else, Ill post it.

Edit: From the Star Ledger (and it wasn't during the warmup tosses, it was when the batter came up --my bad)

The pitcher, who took over the team lead with his 13th victory despite a 5.00 ERA, also struggled with The Beatles tribute band that played between innings and, sometimes, didn't know when to stop.

"Somebody needs to tell them when a batter's in the box they're not supposed to play," said Trachsel, a connoisseur of fine wines who is never a above a little whining of his own.
    Last edited by crasherino; 08-25-2006 at 10:24 AM.