Thread: Why No Creator

All Pro

Why No Creator

I started this thread awhile back, and to my suprise, only got three responses from those who either do not believe, or are ambivalent to the idea there is a creator.

Again, I would like to ask for peoples opinion as to why they think there is a creator, and why they think there isn't. I am not going to debate anyone (although I can't speak for everyone). I would like to use this information for an ongoing study I plan to use during my Master's studies on why people believe and why people don't.

Few guidelines. For those who believe, I would prefer something meaty to back up your beliefs other than "its what I have been told my whole life." What evidence cements the issue in your mind?

Likewise, for non-beievers, I would prefer more than just "there is no evidence." What exactly points to the fact there is nothing to show you otherwise....

Hope to see lots of input this time.

Hall Of Fame
    Personally I think that the whole creator thing is a cop out because we have not yet been able to answer the "big question". But the more scientifically advanced we get the less people believe in the "creator" theory.

Let me put a disclaimer before one of the religious people on the board has a melt down.

Disclaimer:
    This statement does not reflex the views or opinions of the owners, moderators or members of JetsInsider. This statement is the sole belief of one member and only one member.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    Personally I think that the whole creator thing is a cop out because we have not yet been able to answer the "big question". But the more scientifically advanced we get the less people believe in the "creator" theory.

Let me put a disclaimer before one of the religious people on the board has a melt down.

Disclaimer:
    This statement does not reflex the views or opinions of the owners, moderators or members of JetsInsider. This statement is the sole belief of one member and only one member.
    I disagree. I think science druifted further from the concept of a Creator until they begin to study DNA. Since DNA nad advances in physics, the "evolutionary wave" is beginning to recede and in its place, doubt that DNA or life could ever begin without a Creator is much stronger.

http://www.origins.org/articles/thaxton_dnadesign.html

All League
    Well, SOMETHING had to start it all. I just have serious doubts about the religious explanations mankind says started it.

Hall Of Fame
    Who says something had to start it all? There is no time without space and no space without time. Time is not linear...we know that now. These "how it all started" and "creator" ideas are not as straightforward as we think they are. There could be many more universes than our own.

No one knows the answers and we may never know. So, some people think that a God created the universe, others don't. Both explanations seem equally plausible to me. I certainly don't have the answers so I'm not going to rip someone who holds either belief, or any belief, for that matter.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jets5ever
    Who says something had to start it all? There is no time without space and no space without time. Time is not linear...we know that now. These "how it all started" and "creator" ideas are not as straightforward as we think they are. There could be many more universes than our own.

No one knows the answers and we may never know. So, some people think that a God created the universe, others don't. Both explanations seem equally plausible to me. I certainly don't have the answers so I'm not going to rip someone who holds either belief, or any belief, for that matter.
    I'm speaking more in terms of matter, but your first paragraph is the reason I try not to think too much about this stuff...it makes my mind spin.

I agree with your second paragraph. I just don't like it when others think I should believe in their faith.

Hall Of Fame
    Very well put.

Quote Originally Posted by jets5ever

Veteran
    There is no creator.

Jesus told me so.