2 28.57%
  • Can I be your VP?

0 0%

Thread: Declaring my candidacy

Hall Of Fame

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

if you will be 34 in 1012 as your blog suggests then you'll be 1038 YO in 2016....damn- Moses wasn't that old...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    what's your platform?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    if you will be 34 in 1012 as your blog suggests then you'll be 1038 YO in 2016....damn- Moses wasn't that old...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    what's your platform?
    Windows XP, why?

Don't have one, yet. Ask me for my view on a particular issue, and you'll get it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it
    Windows XP, why?

Don't have one, yet. Ask me for my view on a particular issue, and you'll get it.
    what do you think about President Bush and his policies???

All League
    Windows XP, why?

The Middle East

Hall Of Fame
    Windows XP, why?

Just lost my vote: the correct answer has a "U" AND an "X" in the name, not just "X".

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    what do you think about President Bush and his policies???
    way to keep the issues compartmentalized, BP, thanks

(ok, but you're not going to like this)

I think Bush has been a terrible president in his domestic policy; deficits have increased, the federal government has been slow to respond to disasters like Katrina, he's on the wrong side of the ANWR issue and he has - for most of his time in office - contributed to (though not created) the poisonous atmosphere in washington.

As far as foreign policy goes, I think he's been a visionary, in both the good and bad sense of the word. Good, in that he has - unlike many prior presidents - squarely confronted the problem of terrorism and understood that propping up various strongmen is not a workable solution, and that while it will take time - more time than he has in office, even if it were done right - spreading democracy is the only way to contain the threat. Bad, in that the only really praiseworthy part of his foreign policy has been the vision; the execution has been miserable.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan
    The Middle East
    Exists.

What about it? Issues can't be tackled on a broad basis, for the most part; they need to be looked at as individual issues, and only then as a coherent whole, so that you can identify small problems and big ones, and determine whether systemic responses or issue specific ones are most appropriate (or, really, what combination of the two is most appropriate).

All League
    Exists.

What about it? Issues can't be tackled on a broad basis, for the most part; they need to be looked at as individual issues, and only then as a coherent whole, so that you can identify small problems and big ones, and determine whether systemic responses or issue specific ones are most appropriate (or, really, what combination of the two is most appropriate).
    Iran: How do we contain them as a threat.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan
    Iran: How do we contain them as a threat.
    Honest answer? It can't be done, not when the price of oil is this high, our army is enmeshed in Iraq and afghanistan and Europe is (to quote Margaret Thatcher) "all wobbly"

You need to solve at least two of those three problems before you are capable of solving Iran

Hall Of Fame
    Substantive posts on Iraq and Abortion are up