Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: World Trade Center Movie

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Question OT: World Trade Center Movie

Ok, I am seriously thinking of going to see the movie tonight........I have heard some good reviews and some really bad ones...............who here has seen it and is it worth going out in the rain to see?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

All League
    Are they donating any profits off this movie to WTC charity? If not, I wont go to see it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    Are they donating any profits off this movie to WTC charity? If not, I wont go to see it.
    Hmmm, I don't know........that would be a very nice gesture on their part wouldn't it.........

I saw on TV the other day that they are running another charity drive for the WTC victims..........

All League
    i liked it personally... i would recommend it.

Rookie
    unless it shows how we masterminded the entire event, I wouldnt waste my time.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas
    stoops!

Banned
    Don't go! this is ****ing wrong to have a movie about this..sickening! Don't support it..very pathetic attempt to make money...i know people who's family members died on 9/11 and this pisses them off so much..sickening!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by vilmatime51
    Don't go! this is ****ing wrong to have a movie about this..sickening! Don't support it..very pathetic attempt to make money...i know people who's family members died on 9/11 and this pisses them off so much..sickening!
    Hey, I lost 25 friends in those towers and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about them and the horror they endured............ I'm not even sure I will make it through the whole movie

Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    Hey, I lost 25 friends in those towers and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about them and the horror they endured............ I'm not even sure I will make it through the whole movie
    I'd stay away from the movie.

Veteran
    I actually saw the movie the other nite....I thought it was a very moving, well done movie. I didn't walk out of the theater thinking to myself "wow that was amazing"....It was more or less the next day when i was thinking about the movie that it really hit me as to how good it was.

If your up for seeing it, i recommend it.

Banned
    Then dont support it by paying for tickets to see it! If you wanna see a good movie see Invincible if you havent seen it already..

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

As you wish.

Turned down a chance to see CSNY at MSG tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ADemas
    I wouldn't say "masterminded". The current administration is too dumb to cover it's own tracks. But there are too many people who thrust their heads in the sand and don't WANT to believe it went down that way despite the evidence. So chalk up one more win for Murder Incorporated.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nationalist88
    I wouldn't say "masterminded". The current administration is too dumb to cover it's own tracks. But there are too many people who thrust their heads in the sand and don't WANT to believe it went down that way despite the evidence. So chalk up one more win for Murder Incorporated.

LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by nationalist88
    too many people want to believe that Islamic terrorists DON'T want to kill as many Americans as possible.

that, apparently, is too far fetched for your brain to comprehend.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    too many people want to believe that Islamic terrorists DON'T want to kill as many Americans as possible.

that, apparently, is too far fetched for your brain to comprehend.
    it's much easier to blame wealthy, white Americans

Rookie
    amusing. jetgirl asked the PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE if it is any good. the responses are the equivalent to asking someone if they have eaten a steak and liked it, and getting a response like "it is terrible what those cows have to go through to please your tastebuds."

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    it's much easier to blame wealthy, white Americans
    yeah I mean the next time the Islamic terrorists say they will attack us will be the first time, right?

note: I am NOT a Bush fan. Far from it. But if you're even entertaining the notion that the government killed innocent Americans and not Islamic terrorists who said they would and will again, slap on some tin foil and move on to an irrational message board

Veteran
    I saw it. Very good movie. Very well made. You would expect Stone to throw in some sort of twist involving politics and conspiracy but none of it is found in the movie. It's simply about the heroism of the two firefighters in the rubble and of both NYPD, NYFD, as well as the other personnel that helped out.

Save your conspiracy theories for something else.