Thread: AL Cy Young

AL Cy Young

Simple question:

Right now, who in your opinion, should win the Cy Young in the AL?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    Simple question:

Right now, who in your opinion, should win the Cy Young in the AL?
    I say it should be Santana. IMO, the only threat to Santana at this current time is Verlander.

If Liriano was still pitching it would've been him.

Wang deserves an honorable mention because he's been fantastic for the Yankees, but he won't get the Cy Young.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    I say it should be Santana. IMO, the only threat to Santana at this current time is Verlander.

Wang deserves an honorable mention because he's been fantastic for the Yankees, but he won't get the Cy Young.
    Wang definitely deserves some votes but won't get it. Is it just me or does Wang remind anyone else of Andy Pettitte in the way he pitches?

Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Wang definitely deserves some votes but won't get it. Is it just me or does Wang remind anyone else of Andy Pettitte in the way he pitches?
    I don't see any similarities between Pettite and Wang.

To answer the original question

1) Santana
    2) Halladay
    3) Wang
    4) Verlander
    5) Bonderman
    6) Liriano
    7) Zito
    8) Haren

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi

No offense bro, but to have this discussion without mentioning Halladay is absurd.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by broadwayjoe
    No offense bro, but to have this discussion without mentioning Halladay is absurd.
    No offense taken. Actually, you're right. I don't know how I forgot about Halladay... I'm not a big follower of the AL, but still doesn't excuse me forgetting Halladay.

Revised...

1) Santana
    2) Halladay
    3) Verlander

Liriano would take it if he wasn't done. Wang deserves an honotable mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Just you buddy. Very different pitchers in that Wang is unlike anyone ever. I'm scared he can keep it up but I'm hopeful.

Anyways, Santana is the Cy Young winner and I don't think it is close. If Wang wins 20 and for some odd reason Santana doesn't get a win from now on, Wang could win it - but Santana still deserves it, just as he did last year.

Forget the cy Young, Santana is the AL's MVP in my book.

All League
    Santana currently leads all triple crown stats... He is without a doubt the winner if the season ended today.

Twins are 24-2 in Santana's last 26 starts

Santana is 39-3 after the ASB the last 3 years.