Thread: What day will the Mets clinch the division?

Veteran

What day will the Mets clinch the division?

I am trying to time this so I can get good tickets to the game. Their magic number today is 16, which is down from 22 on friday. So what do you think, what day will they pull it off? My guess is against the dodgers on the 10th, the start of football unfortunately, anyone have a guess?

With the Phillies and Marlins both playing well, and both playing eachother 9 times in September, the Mets will find it hard to clinch the division that quickly, because someone would have to win those games. I'm going to say they clinch on the 16th in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by DiePatsDie
    I am trying to time this so I can get good tickets to the game. Their magic number today is 16, which is down from 22 on friday. So what do you think, what day will they pull it off? My guess is against the dodgers on the 10th, the start of football unfortunately, anyone have a guess?
    If you want I have two tickets to that game.

All League
    I was looking at the schedule and trying to figure it out myself. The way I see it with the magic number being 16 now I think the Mets will clinch sometime during the final homestand {9/18-9/21 vs.Florida or 9/22-9/25 vs Washington}. If it does fall during that homestand I plan to be there since I missed out in 86' and 88'.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DiePatsDie
    I'll be at Shea that Saturday to see the Mets and Dodgers. My girlfriend's brother is a huge Dodger fan {Dodgers, Jets, Knicks, USC Trojans} so about 4 of us are going to the game.