Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: is reyes MVP worthy?

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    is reyes MVP worthy?

    this guy is having an MVP type year....as good a stat line as you can get with a lead off hitter......i still think bletran will get it over reyes but its a tough call.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's worthy of a few votes but no way is he deserving of the MVP. I say he's in the top 5.

    1.Ryan Howard
    2.Albert Pujols
    3.Carlos Beltran
    4.Jose Reyes
    5.?

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, when you are not nearly the MVP of your own team, you are not the MVP.

    1. Beltran
    2. Howard
    3. Pujols

    And if Howard hits 60, he's my MVP just for the reason that he is the first (hopefully) legit player to hit 60 since Babe and Marris.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan howard is making some push toward the most valuable player award in the NL. This team was written off at the trading deadline, and he has put the team on his back and carried them into the wild card hunt. He is a definite favorite to win the award today. I hope Beltran can come back healthy and make this a horserace. But he will split votes with Reyes which will also hurt his chances.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howard strikes out too much. I'd go with Pujols. Beltran is solid but the Mets' O "runs" thru Reyes.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Howard strikes out too much. I'd go with Pujols. Beltran is solid but the Mets' O "runs" thru Reyes.
    he strikes out too much.. come on now

    Howard at this point clearly is the MVP.. only reason why the Phillies have even a remote chance at the PS no less a good one.

    Reyes and Beltran, its a tough one, truthfully Reyes has been the more valuable player only because he is the only one of his kind.. Carlos production can be duplicated by Wright or Delgado but he is still a very important piece and this O looks lost at times without him

    I think they'll vote for Beltran, I think Howard wins it unless he gets injured and goes ice cold this second

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    IMO, when you are not nearly the MVP of your own team, you are not the MVP.

    1. Beltran
    2. Howard
    3. Pujols

    And if Howard hits 60, he's my MVP just for the reason that he is the first (hopefully) legit player to hit 60 since Babe and Marris.
    so if he hits 59 he's not the MVP, but 60 he will be to you? that doesn't make much sense

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sneak
    he strikes out too much.. come on now

    Howard at this point clearly is the MVP.. only reason why the Phillies have even a remote chance at the PS no less a good one.

    Reyes and Beltran, its a tough one, truthfully Reyes has been the more valuable player only because he is the only one of his kind.. Carlos production can be duplicated by Wright or Delgado but he is still a very important piece and this O looks lost at times without him

    I think they'll vote for Beltran, I think Howard wins it unless he gets injured and goes ice cold this second
    I attribute it more to the superior LHP. Anyone could get RBI's in that park.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    I attribute it more to the superior LHP. Anyone could get RBI's in that park.

    strike that...anyone can hit homeruns in that park.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    strike that...anyone can hit homeruns in that park.
    not anyone can hit 55 HRs in that park... come on guys

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    so if he hits 59 he's not the MVP, but 60 he will be to you? that doesn't make much sense
    Didn't say I was making sense. There's something about that number that if he does it legitimately (at least if he hits 61 or more), I would just have to give him the MVP.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us