Thread: Nl Mvp

Nl Mvp

i know there are a lot of mets fan on here, but with the numbers that ryan howard is putting up I would have to go with him over wright, beltran or reyes. the guy might hit 70+ hr's and drive in 180 rbi's. so i now have thrown my bloody body into the shark infected water.

Quote Originally Posted by hendu24
    i know there are a lot of mets fan on here, but with the numbers that ryan howard is putting up I would have to go with him over wright, beltran or reyes. the guy might hit 70+ hr's and drive in 180 rbi's. so i now have thrown my bloody body into the shark infected water.

i wa sjust talking with a phillies fan friend of mine. first off, if the phillies make the play-offs then i think howard gets the mvp. maybe the most amazing part of what howard is doing is that he's doing it on his own with no real protection in the lineup behind him. btw, i'd be surprised if he puts up those kind of numbers. i do think he will end up with around 60 hr's though.

Albert Pujols

Better defender, better baserunner, better hitter at the same position.

All League
    I hate the Phillies with a passion. Howard is amazing though. The numbers he's putting up are absolutely incredible considering he's a 2nd year player and he has Zero protection in the lineup. As much as it pains me as a Mets fan, I would have to go with Howard for NL MVP. (I just wish he was a Met).

Beltran, Wright, and Reyes are all going to detract votes from each other, Pujols is amazing and puts up great numbers every year...but I believe it's Howard that is single-handedly keeping the Phillies post-season hopes alive. Btw, both of the beasts hit 3 HR each earlier today !!

If Howard hits 61 or 62, I'd give it to him. He would be the first guy to tie or break Maris's record legitimately (at least I think it's legit).

All League
    His stats are better than any of the others. He isn't a great defensive player like Beltran, or even very good like Pujols, but he is very adaquate... I don't see how you can give it to anyone else. Not to mention he has no protection other than Burrell... and is that really protection? (a .257 hitter)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Albert Pujols

Better defender, better baserunner, better hitter at the same position.
    And he's proven in the playoffs to go with all that.

As a Met fan I want Beltran to win it but more importantly I want us to win the shole thing.

In the AL they Jeeter is a favorite. Why??

ranks 10th in NL in BA(.308)
    ranks 1st in NL in RBI(135)
    ranks 7th in NL in OBP(.403)
    ranks 2nd in NL in OPS(1.068)
    ranks 1st in NL in HR(54)
    ranks 9th in NL in BB(88)
    ranks 2nd in NL in SLG(.665)

and to the fielding people he has a .989 fielding percentage and Pujols is only .996 not much of a difference

ranks 10th in NL in BA(.308)
    ranks 1st in NL in RBI(135)
    ranks 7th in NL in OBP(.403)
    ranks 2nd in NL in OPS(1.068)
    ranks 1st in NL in HR(54)
    ranks 9th in NL in BB(88)
    ranks 2nd in NL in SLG(.665)

and to the fielding people he has a .989 fielding percentage and Pujols is only .996 not much of a difference
    fielding % LOL

Seriously... is there any stat that is less indicative or more misleading than fielding percentage? Pujols, at this point in his career, is significantly better in the field... just watch them, it's fairly obvious.

well 2 more hrs and 3 more rbi's im waiting for people to stop pitchin to him...