Thread: Free pass for Bin Laden...

Charter JI Member

Free pass for Bin Laden...

wtf...I guess I was wrong about thinking Pakistan was an ally, more importantly the US was wrong also...

Does this mean we bomb the hell out of Pakistan after the next inevitable attack?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...den_gets_.html

Bin Laden Gets a Pass from Pakistan
    September 05, 2006 5:41 PM

Brian Ross and Gretchen Peters Report:

Osama bin Laden, America's most wanted man, will not face capture in Pakistan if he agrees to lead a "peaceful life," Pakistani officials tell ABC News.

The surprising announcement comes as Pakistani army officials announced they were pulling their troops out of the North Waziristan region as part of a "peace deal" with the Taliban.

If he is in Pakistan, bin Laden "would not be taken into custody," Major General Shaukat Sultan Khan told ABC News in a telephone interview, "as long as one is being like a peaceful citizen."

Bin Laden is believed to be hiding somewhere in the tribal areas of Pakistan, near the Afghanistan border, but U.S. officials say his precise location is unknown.

In addition to the pullout of Pakistani troops, the "peace agreement" between Pakistan and the Taliban also provides for the Pakistani army to return captured Taliban weapons and prisoners.

"What this means is that the Taliban and al Qaeda leadership have effectively carved out a sanctuary inside Pakistan," said ABC News consultant Richard Clarke, the former White House counter-terrorism director.

The agreement was signed on the same day President Bush said the United States was working with its allies "to deny terrorists the enclaves they seek to establish in ungoverned areas across the world."

The Pakistani Army had gone into Waziristan, under heavy pressure from the United States, but faced a series of humiliating defeats at the hands of the Taliban and al Qaeda fighters.

"They're throwing the towel," said Alexis Debat, who is a Senior Fellow at the Nixon Center and an ABC News consultant. "They're giving al Qaeda and the Taliban a blank check and saying essentially make yourselves at home in the tribal areas," Debat said.

All Pro
    Are you really surprised about this?

Bush never had any intention of getting Bin Laden. I'll quote Bush when asked about Bin Laden.."I just don't think about him anymore"

5th anniversary of him killing 3,000 of our fellow citizens
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 09-05-2006 at 09:56 PM.

Hall Of Fame

He..he...Your either with us or against us! Or your Pakistan!

We will not tolarate countries that aid terrorists! No, we are not talking to you Pakistan, we're talking to Iraq.

Charter JI Member
    Here's the denial...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14691680/

Pakistan denies al-Qaida 'sanctuary' comments
    Army spokesman denies saying bin Laden wouldn't be captured if in country

Updated: 4:29 a.m. ET Sept 6, 2006
    ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - The top Pakistani army spokesman on Wednesday vehemently denied saying in a news report that saying Osama bin Laden would not be taken into custody if he agreed to live peacefully in Pakistan.

"This is absolutely fabricated, absurd. I never said this," Maj. Gen. Shaukat Sultan told The Associated Press, referring to an ABC News broadcast aired hours earlier.

The ABC report cited Sultan as saying in a telephone interview that al-Qaida chief bin Laden "would not be taken into custody" if found, "as long as one is being like a peaceful citizen."

The recorded comments of Sultan were included in the report, but it was not immediately clear whether he understood that bin Laden was the specific subject of discussion at that point in the interview.

Sultan told the AP by telephone early Wednesday that "what they are saying on Osama is absolutely fabricated."

"Pakistan is committed to its policy on the war on terror and Osama, caught anywhere in Pakistan, would be brought to justice," he said.

Asked for a response to Sultan's denial, Jeffrey Schneider, senior vice president of ABC News, told the AP by telephone on Wednesday, "We simply played his comments as we recorded them."

The ABC report also featured a former White House counterterrorism official, Richard Clarke, saying a peace accord, signed Tuesday by Pakistan's government and pro-Taliban militants in the country, meant that "the Taliban and al-Qaida leadership have effectively carved out a sanctuary inside Pakistan."

"I reject this comment," Sultan said Wednesday.

Clarke is a news consultant with ABC.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    hey dudes wake up

Pakistan is our ALLY in the WOT

what, you don't trust Bush when he assures us that President (General) Monsuraff is our ally in spreading democracy? That this man who took power via military coup is our bastion for American agenda in the Middle East?

For shame...

Hall Of Fame
    Damn Criminal Leftnut Libtard Hate America Media!

Hall Of Fame
    Glossing this one over, eh Repugs?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan
    Glossing this one over, eh Repugs?
    Maybe because it was already refuted, skippy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Maybe because it was already refuted, skippy.

Sure it was.....

Waynes World, Waynes World, Party Time, Excellent. Pakistan. Number 1 Ally!

Veteran
    I see t he little add ons that the Bushbashers put at the end of each post.... they kind of remind me of what high school kids would do it.

That in turn leads me to one of my favorite quotes by the great British leader Winston Churchill:

"If you are not a liberal at 20, you do not have a heart. If you are not a conservative at 30, you do not have a brain."

Veteran
    And I think Reagan had one that went something like, "It's not that our liberal friends know nothing. It is thathey know so much that isn't true."

All Pro
    If anyone knows someone who died on 9-11, you have a DUTY to hate little bush..This failure of a president, this buffoon, this unelected midget of a man has slapped all your faces...But he did get Saddam's gun for his office.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bman
    If anyone knows someone who died on 9-11, you have a DUTY to hate little bush..This failure of a president, this buffoon, this unelected midget of a man has slapped all your faces...But he did get Saddam's gun for his office.
    Aw, bman--take it easy, remember, "He who angers you controls you!" You leftists 'rats are just like the Sunnis in Iraq--you're hacked off b/c you're no longer in power, so you hate all 'pubs and the people who voted them in.

As for "This failure of a president"?

Let's see, Clintoon's last two economic programs averaged 1.95 GDP growth and included 3 quarters of negative growth, but W has had 19 consecutive quarters of POSITIVE GDP growth and the last 8 quarters averaged 3.36 growth.

Also, so far, no successful terrorist attack on our homeland.

And personally, I'm doing better under W than Clintoon.

Not bad for a "failure of a president!"

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by asuusa
    Aw, bman--take it easy, remember, "He who angers you controls you!" You leftists 'rats are just like the Sunnis in Iraq--you're hacked off b/c you're no longer in power, so you hate all 'pubs and the people who voted them in.

As for "This failure of a president"?

Let's see, Clintoon's last two economic programs averaged 1.95 GDP growth and included 3 quarters of negative growth, but W has had 19 consecutive quarters of POSITIVE GDP growth and the last 8 quarters averaged 3.36 growth.

Also, so far, no successful terrorist attack on our homeland.

And personally, I'm doing better under W than Clintoon.

Not bad for a "failure of a president!"
    Cliinton paid down the deficit. Fact.

Terrorist attack in USA. Fact.

All Pro
    Wow thats a fair statement!

Why dont you take a closer look at the economic growth over the ENTIRE Bush presidency instead of just the last 8 quarters and compare THAT to the economic growth over Clintons ENTIRE presidency.

Wouldnt be much of a comparison there

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7
    Wow thats a fair statement!

Why dont you take a closer look at the economic growth over the ENTIRE Bush presidency instead of just the last 8 quarters and compare THAT to the economic growth over Clintons ENTIRE presidency.

Wouldnt be much of a comparison there
    Oh but there is--in fact the #s get better

Clintoon's first year (1993) the GDP grew 2.7% but the first 3 quarters of '93 were Bush Sr.'s plan

Bush's first year (2001) the GDP grew .8% with the first 3 quarters of '01 being bubba's plan.

So ol' slick started out with 3.3 times better GDP growth than Bush.

Also Clintoon's best was 4.5% growth which is a gain of 1.8 % from his start while Bush's so far is 3.9 which is a gain of 3.1% from his start.

Like those numbers better??
    Last edited by asuusa; 09-09-2006 at 10:38 PM.