Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Mets Magic #

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mets Magic #

    I figure us mets fans on here need to get a countdown going here!!!!!! They should be able to finish this NL EAST "race" up this week.

    MAGIC NUMBER = 4 !!!!!!

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    21,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did we win tonight.......I was out at a few memorial services tonight.........

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    Did we win tonight.......I was out at a few memorial services tonight.........
    Uhhhh no....no we lost tonight. I believe the final score was 16-3.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueens718
    Uhhhh no....no we lost tonight. I believe the final score was 16-3.
    We did lose tonight, but the final score was 16-5.

  5. #5
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    21,199
    Post Thanks / Like


    Nothing like a good old fashioned ass kicking.........damn!!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    We did lose tonight, but the final score was 16-5.
    I see that we made it a nail biter. {lol}

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueens718
    I see that we made it a nail biter. {lol}
    Yup, got real close in the end... I had my rally cap on and was looking for us to make a comeback

    Hopefully, we can return the favor tonight !!

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    MAGIC # = 3 !!!!!!!

    our luck we'll clinch it on our day off on thurs....lol

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Monroe, NY
    Posts
    672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10
    MAGIC # = 3 !!!!!!!

    our luck we'll clinch it on our day off on thurs....lol

    Now Magic # = 2

    October = Mets in playoffs

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soo glad we can't clinch on our off day tomorrow !! I want to see the Mets celebrate and truly savor the long overdue NL EAST CHAMPIONSHIP !!

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully Philly loses tonight, setting up a W on friday for the Mets to clinch...otherwise there's potential not to clinch "on the field" bc the Phillies play later than the Mets....talk about anti-climactic.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10
    Hopefully Philly loses tonight, setting up a W on friday for the Mets to clinch...otherwise there's potential not to clinch "on the field" bc the Phillies play later than the Mets....talk about anti-climactic.
    This may not sound great to other Mets fans, but I kind of hope the Mets don't clinch in Pittsburgh. I'd love it if they came back to Shea to clinch. That would be awesome.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    This may not sound great to other Mets fans, but I kind of hope the Mets don't clinch in Pittsburgh. I'd love it if they came back to Shea to clinch. That would be awesome.
    If by chance they don't clinch this weekend in Pittsburgh I'll be there on Monday against the Marlins.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Somerset, NJ
    Posts
    1,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    In 1986, I drove down to Philly to watch the Mets clinch against the Phils at the Vet. Unfortunately the Mets lost, but the place exploded when Dykstra led off with a HR. It was so loud I thought he was going to come out for a curtain call (as a Met) at least 75% of the crowd was Met fans.

    Lets Go Mets!

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    METS MAGIC # = 1!!!!!!!!!


    LETS TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS TOMORROW BOYS!!

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10
    METS MAGIC # = 1!!!!!!!!!


    LETS TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS TOMORROW BOYS!!
    LET'S GO METS !! Hope Pedro and the Mets offense have a great day and come out with the W. I wish I was there to see it.

    It's been a very LONG time.

  17. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    LET'S GO METS !! Hope Pedro and the Mets offense have a great day and come out with the W. I wish I was there to see it.

    It's been a very LONG time.
    Congrats to the Mets on all their accomplishments this year, but the best thing i've seen all year was Pedro on the bench after giving up 4 runs, hunched over crying, being consoled by Willie.....thats just comedic gold....f'in priceless. See ya in the series

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Monroe, NY
    Posts
    672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin
    Congrats to the Mets on all their accomplishments this year, but the best thing i've seen all year was Pedro on the bench after giving up 4 runs, hunched over crying, being consoled by Willie.....thats just comedic gold....f'in priceless. See ya in the series

    Oh great now we have a pinstripe Jermaine type posting.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin
    Congrats to the Mets on all their accomplishments this year, but the best thing i've seen all year was Pedro on the bench after giving up 4 runs, hunched over crying, being consoled by Willie.....thats just comedic gold....f'in priceless. See ya in the series
    No idea why Pedro was that affected. It was indeed a crazy site to see. I hope he gets back in form quickly. We're going to need him in the postseason.

    At least the Astros lost (I don't like to give the Phillies credit).
    Hopefully the Astros will lose again this afternoon, so that the Mets can try to clinch on their own merit.

    Any other Mets fans worried about our starting rotation ?? It seems they've been imploding lately and giving up a lot of runs. Hopefully, they're just going through a slump that'll end with the beginning of the playoffs. Then I hopw they're lights out.

    I hope this is the case. I've waited too long to see it fall apart.

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Monroe, NY
    Posts
    672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    Any other Mets fans worried about our starting rotation ?? It seems they've been imploding lately and giving up a lot of runs. Hopefully, they're just going through a slump that'll end with the beginning of the playoffs. Then I hopw they're lights out.
    The starters have been a ? all season. They are mostly older, you had to figure by this time in the season some of them would getting worn down. For the most part the starters have given up some runs in the games but the Mets batters would overcome the opponents offense. This recent run verses left handed pitchers has slowed the Mets some. Also I think Willie has been rotating the line up a bit more to rest some of the elder statesmen. Come playoff time I would expect to see the top performers starting each game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us