Thread: Goodbye Err America **sniff-sniff** we hardly knew ya' **sniff-sniff**

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Unhappy Goodbye Err America **sniff-sniff** we hardly knew ya' **sniff-sniff**

EXCLUSIVE: Air America To Declare Bankruptcy, But Progressive Radio Remains Strong

Air America Radio will announce a major restructuring on Friday, which is expected to include a bankruptcy filing, three independent sources have told ThinkProgress.

Air America could remain on the air under the deal, but significant personnel changes are already in the works. Sources say five Air America employees were laid off yesterday and were told there would be no severance without capital infusion or bankruptcy. Also, Air America has ended its relationship with host Jerry Springer. the only sane one on the network if you could believe it....

The right wing is sure to seize on Air Americaís financial woes as a sign that progressive talk radio is unpopular. In fact, Air America succeeded at creating something that didnít exist: the progressive talk radio format. That format is now established and strong and will continue with or without Air America. Indeed, many of the countryís most successful and widely-syndicated progressive talk hosts ó Ed Schultz and Stephanie Miller, for instance ó arenít even associated with Air America.

Radio giant Clear Channel is so committed to progressive talk radio that, this week, it will announce a partnership with the Center for American Progress, Jones Radio, and MSS Inc., to conduct a nationwide search for the next Progressive Talk Radio Star. hey bitonti- send them your resume...you've got the blame America first/hate George Bush at all cost attitude the network is looking for!

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/13/...ca-bankruptcy/

JetsFan2012
    as long as Al Franken is out of a job, I'm happy. I hate that arrogant, smug bastard.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    hey bitonti- send them your resume...you've got the blame America first/hate George Bush at all cost attitude the network is looking for!
    sorry dude the only time im on the radio is to talk draft

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    as long as Al Franken is out of a job, I'm happy. I hate that arrogant, smug bastard.

I agree. Funny how it is referred to as Progressive radio and not liberal radio. I guess "progressive" sounds more innocuous

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Ok Bit, how about a show with me, you, Jets5 and CBTNY discussing Politics and today's issues, 2 hours a day.

Hell, I'd tune in to that.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Aren't there anymore kids clubs they can steal from to stay afloat?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Ok Bit, how about a show with me, you, Jets5 and CBTNY discussing Politics and today's issues, 2 hours a day.

Hell, I'd tune in to that.
    it would be amazing

i still think we should get together and start a viable 3rd party

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    it would be amazing

i still think we should get together and start a viable 3rd party

If the lot of you could come up with a common platform, I would vote for your party strictly on the notion that "miracles do happen!"

Hall Of Fame
    Thursday, September 14, 2006

AIR AMERICA ON THE ROPES

OK .. so I'm on vacation. But I just had to chime in here to say that I hope that the rumors that Air America is going to file Bankruptcy are not true.

Is Air America a commercial success? No, it isn't. Air America is nowhere near the point where it can be supported by advertising sales. Air America has always relied on massive infusions of cash from leftist special interest groups and people like George Soros. In fact ... I've even contributed to the cause of keeping Air America on the air, though not what you would by any means call a significant amount.

The entire business plan for Air America is greatly different than that for Limbaugh, Hannity, Ingraham or myself. Air America pays radio stations to run their programming. We do not. When you get as good as The Godfather, stations pay you.

I want Air America to survive for two reasons:

First; I truly believe that all viewpoints need to be expressed in the talk radio forum. Talk radio is too much of a part of our national discourse to present only one side of the political spectrum. Having said that, whatever diversity of opinion we find in talk radio should come from the actions of the marketplace, not by government force or fiat. If it takes private donations to accomplish that goal by keeping Air America on the air ... so be it.

Secondly; I promise you that if Air America fails, and if leftist talk show hosts disappear from the scene, the left is going to howl like a stuck pig and demand a resurrection of the infamous "Fairness Doctrine." Richard Nixon used the Fairness Doctrine to shut down liberal thoughts on the radio. Democrats will not hesitate a heartbeat to do the same if and when they have the power to do so.

So ... I'm going to try to help Air America out a bit here. This is a link to Air America Radio Premium. Click on the link and sign up. You'll be encouraging the free flow of different opinions and thoughts, plus you'll be protecting the talk radio you actually like to listen to from falling to government regulation
    > http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    Thursday, September 14, 2006

AIR AMERICA ON THE ROPES

OK .. so I'm on vacation. But I just had to chime in here to say that I hope that the rumors that Air America is going to file Bankruptcy are not true.

Is Air America a commercial success? No, it isn't. Air America is nowhere near the point where it can be supported by advertising sales. Air America has always relied on massive infusions of cash from leftist special interest groups and people like George Soros. In fact ... I've even contributed to the cause of keeping Air America on the air, though not what you would by any means call a significant amount.

The entire business plan for Air America is greatly different than that for Limbaugh, Hannity, Ingraham or myself. Air America pays radio stations to run their programming. We do not. When you get as good as The Godfather, stations pay you.

I want Air America to survive for two reasons:

First; I truly believe that all viewpoints need to be expressed in the talk radio forum. Talk radio is too much of a part of our national discourse to present only one side of the political spectrum. Having said that, whatever diversity of opinion we find in talk radio should come from the actions of the marketplace, not by government force or fiat. If it takes private donations to accomplish that goal by keeping Air America on the air ... so be it.

Secondly; I promise you that if Air America fails, and if leftist talk show hosts disappear from the scene, the left is going to howl like a stuck pig and demand a resurrection of the infamous "Fairness Doctrine." Richard Nixon used the Fairness Doctrine to shut down liberal thoughts on the radio. Democrats will not hesitate a heartbeat to do the same if and when they have the power to do so.

So ... I'm going to try to help Air America out a bit here. This is a link to Air America Radio Premium. Click on the link and sign up. You'll be encouraging the free flow of different opinions and thoughts, plus you'll be protecting the talk radio you actually like to listen to from falling to government regulation
    > http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html
    I agree with Boortz' main thought- the looney left and rats will once again whine that their failure in radio is somehow the fault of "the right"...as they do when they lose elections....

I enjoy listening to the bullsh!t on Err America and the constant lies/misinformation passed on- especially from Randi Rodent....

yesterday she agreed with a caller who claimed christians in America are just as bad as the Taliban in Afgahnistan, claimed she was fighting as hard to stop facism in America today as America fought to end facism in Europe 60 years ago then made a statement about today's conservatives which I'm still trying to figure out..."if Barry Goldwater were alive today he'd be spinning in his grave!" WTF???!!!

I would like it to hang around as it will only mean a quicker demise to blame-America first liberalism....

My glee is for the clinton's, gore's, NY Slimes who portrayed this crap as the greatest thing since sliced bread and in an ignorant manner felt this manufactured BS would change the face of political radio....