Thread: OT:Lirano hurt in return, done for year

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

OT:Liriano hurt in return, done for year

Nobody likes to see anybody hurt but it now changes things for the American league...If he came back strong Minny would have been tough to beat with Liriano and Santana a nasty 1-2 punch..

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260913109
    Last edited by LockeJET; 09-14-2006 at 07:59 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very sad, dude was so promising.. Perhaps another example of rushing player from injury.. Now what -Tommy John's and see ya in 2008?
    Woods was destroyed - now this.. Those MLB managers will never learn!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Twins still have a good enough team to win it all IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Yankees need to outbid...err...aquire the rights to Liriano as soon as his contract is up.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Thats a very scary thought.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    No they dont, with Santana and who else? the offense will fizzle away like it does every playoffs. As a Yankee fan they are who I wanna see in the 1st round. if not them i wanna see Detroit

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's really ashame. I would not of let him pitch today. He wasnt ready.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life
    No they dont, with Santana and who else? the offense will fizzle away like it does every playoffs. As a Yankee fan they are who I wanna see in the 1st round. if not them i wanna see Detroit
    Do you watch baseball? They have been electric without him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They've been without Liriano for over a month, and it hasn't hurt them that much. I sincerely doubt they'll make the World Series, but the situation isn't that bad even without him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Twins offense is underrated, and are you sure that you want to see Santana twice in a 5 game series? Twins are 26-5 in his starts this year. All they need is from their other starters (Bonser, Garza, Radke) is to pitch 5 or 6 innings of solid balll and keep them in the game. The Twins pen is the best in baseball, Dennys Reyes, Pat Neschek, Juan Rincon and Joe Nathan are nasty.

Cuddyer, Mauer, Morneau, and Hunter is a pretty decent middle of the order.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that Twins still have a shot, but Garza and Bonser are unproven rooks and Radke is hurt...With Liriano once and Santana twice they are very very scary ina series, now they became less scary...I think they fizzle out, although if you can get into their bullpen, watch out...And I am a Yanks fan so we will see.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Minnesota is the team I DO NOT want to see in the playoffs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can understand why they brought him back, but he should've been out for the season and never attempted to pitch again this season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Do you watch baseball? They have been electric without him.
    Regular season baseball is totally different from postseason baseball

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He didn't tell the Twins staff earlier this year that his arm was bugging him. Which led him to this situation. I guess as a rookie you don't want to reveal you are hurting if you are pitching lights out. But in the long run it affected his active status and the Twins were leaning on him heavily.

I picked him up for my fantasy team on waivers in the begining of the season. He was automatic and lights out. Hopefully he won't require surgery and can continue to dominate with Santana on the Twins. It's just great for baseball to have young talent like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by METER
    He didn't tell the Twins staff earlier this year that his arm was bugging him. Which led him to this situation. I guess as a rookie you don't want to reveal you are hurting if you are pitching lights out. But in the long run it affected his active status and the Twins were leaning on him heavily.

I picked him up for my fantasy team on waivers in the begining of the season. He was automatic and lights out. Hopefully he won't require surgery and can continue to dominate with Santana on the Twins. It's just great for baseball to have young talent like that.
    Rookies probably have a harder time figuring out what is normal pain and what is something they need to notify the training staff about. Unfortunate for Liriano because he was doing fantastic for most of the season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to congratulate the yankees on their walk to the world series now that liriano is out, the tigers are crumbling, and anaheim won't ne joining the party. Pinstripes and Metropolitans for the 2006 W.S. Yanks in 5

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Prior pt. 2? I hope not

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan44
    The Yankees need to outbid...err...aquire the rights to Liriano as soon as his contract is up.
    Just to show you our mentality as Yankees fans, I was bothered to see Liriano was suffering these injuries because I wanted the Yanks to make a run at him in a few years, but now I'm not so sure because of this recurring injury.