Thread: Cabrera is an awful fielder

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Cabrera is an awful fielder

Fish would've been out of that 11th if he caught that ball on the tarp roll. If the Fish drop out of comtention you Marlins fans can thank your 3B.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Fish would've been out of that 11th if he caught that ball on the tarp roll. If the Fish drop out of comtention you Marlins fans can thank your 3B.
    I wouldn't really go that far. Cabrera is an average at best fielder who'll never win a golden glove, but he's not terrible. You can't blame him for pulling up on that ball when he was right by the tarp. If he went full speed into the tarp, he probably would've caught the ball and a trip to the hospital.

Milledge could've made the play on the foul ball he missed, but he pulled up to avoid the wall (and he wasn't even close to the wall and there was not tarp there).

If the Marlins drop out of contention, there is only one aspect that deserves the blame: the bullpen. The bullpen pitchers are absolutely horrendous. They couldn't protect a lead to save their lives. Terrible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Cacbrera is a dog who often dosen't hustle in the field. He needs to find the AL.

Millegde was actually named the Defensive Player Of The Game. He would've caught that ball if he left his feet. He also barely caught another that *once again* handcuffed him and had him turned the wrong way.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Cacbrera is a dog who often dosen't hustle in the field. He needs to find the AL.

Millegde was actually named the Defensive Player Of The Game. He would've caught that ball if he left his feet. He also barely caught another that *once again* handcuffed him and had him turned the wrong way.
    I do agree with you that Cabrera is better suited to play in the AL.

Also, yes I saw that !! Milledge made 2 spectacular catches, but almost missed another lazy pop fly right to him !! I thought he was going to drop that pop up. I would've been

On the Milledge foul ball... Milledge could've easily caught that ball if he slid.