Thread: ''America's Team'' an end of an era

Banned

''America's Team'' an end of an era

well..we all know that the braves ''legendary'' streak of 13 straight nl east titles will soon come to an end..and along with that the embarrassment of only winning 1 lil ole world series during this legendary run...

the fact that the braves and that idiot bobby cox continue to brag obout this record and comparing that the Yankees never did it is laughable..

please bring the braves hating in this thread!!!

it's time to vent!!!

its over, and its been comming for a while....the braves are a third class organization and this year performed as such.....the john rockers of the world are perfectly normal in atlanta.....and now they can all kiss my blue and orange ass.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    now they can all kiss my blue and orange ass.
    Agreed !!

Parcells... it's actually 14 consecutive division titles. How they only won 1 World Series during this reign is unexplainable !!

Who made the comparison ?? If Atlanta ever compared themselves to the Yanks... there's no comparison to make.

The Braves won the divison repeatedly on sound pitching and their unbelievable farm sytem. It had to come to an end sooner or later. Should've been sooner. The only guy I feel bad for is Smoltz... He's a classy guy.

The Yankees can still catch the Braves Divsion Titles' streak. Also, the Marlins actually won more Championships than the Braves did in less time. That in itself negates everything the Braves accomplished.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    Agreed !!

Parcells... it's actually 14 consecutive division titles. How they only won 1 World Series during this reign is unexplainable !!

Who made the comparison ?? If Atlanta ever compared themselves to the Yanks... there's no comparison to make.

The Braves won the divison repeatedly on sound pitching and their unbelievable farm sytem. It had to come to an end sooner or later. Should've been sooner. The only guy I feel bad for is Smoltz... He's a classy guy.
    you sure???

what about 94???
    the strike year??

Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    you sure???

what about 94???
    the strike year??

94 was interesting. When the strike occurred, the Yanks and Expos were in first place in their respective divisions.

how the f is atlanta "america's team"?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Real_Teal
    The Yankees can still catch the Braves Divsion Titles' streak. Also, the Marlins actually won more Championships than the Braves did in less time. That in itself negates everything the Braves accomplished.
    Actually the Twins and D-backs won as many world championships as the Braves did during their streak. Bobby Cox gets all these kudos for being a great manager, but he never impressed me in the playoffs or world series. I still say Torre totally out-foxed him in '96, when Cox had a better team, and momentum.

All League
    you sure???

what about 94???
    the strike year??
    They didn't win the title in '94 cause of the strike. However, if they played out the '94 season and the Braves won the NL East, they would have 15 straight at the moment.

Since the '94 season was cut short, they're total is 14 consecutive titles. They were going for 15 this year, but the Mets finally said enough is enough

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    how the f is atlanta "america's team"?
    you dont remember those old TBS commercials in the 80's proclaiming them as ''america's team''??

how old are you brooklyn???
    They didn't win the title in '94 cause of the strike. However, if they played out the '94 season and the Braves won the NL East, they would have 15 straight at the moment.

Since the '94 season was cut short, they're total is 14 consecutive titles. They were going for 15 this year, but the Mets finally said enough is enough
    gotchya

you dont remember those old TBS commercials in the 80's proclaiming them as ''america's team''??

how old are you brooklyn???

gotchya
    oh i remember the commercials... but that was on TBS - no bias there

i could run commercials that the Tuna doesn't have tits, but we all know what the truth is!

Expos probably would've taken it in 94, too

Grissom, Alou, Larry Walker, Floyd, Pedro

Banned
    what a bunch of class acts here.
    And to think I was going to give the Mets and their fans props.
    Whats even worse is a yankmee fan started it..but no, you guys arent jealous.
    what a joke.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    what a bunch of class acts here.
    And to think I was going to give the Mets and their fans props.
    Whats even worse is a yankmee fan started it..but no, you guys arent jealous.
    what a joke.
    please..only after you started that ridiculous SHUTOUT thread did I think about doing this..eat your crow!!!

Banned
    please..only after you started that ridiculous SHUTOUT thread did I think about doing this..eat your crow!!!
    cmon, bill. you know ive owned up when i was wrong. I gave the Mets their props all year, after the sweep, and everywhere in between. The shutout thread was me having my 5 minutes of fun, and i explained that in the thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    cmon, bill. you know ive owned up when i was wrong. I gave the Mets their props all year, after the sweep, and everywhere in between. The shutout thread was me having my 5 minutes of fun, and i explained that in the thread.
    ok...and besides..I'm too psyched up for the Jets right now!!!

Schluberator & Gadfly ®

"America's Team" ----- BULLCRAP

You know, I was always insulted for the self-labeling "America's Team", only b/c TBS broadcasted them over cable. What a Croc. They tried to be like the Cowboys in that respect but it didn't work. Cowboys merchandise sells all over, but I highly doubt someone in Walla-Walla, Washington is buying Braves stuff. Hence the nickname was a product of the Atlanta Braves' & WTBS's marketing dept. and NOT by a national fan following!

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Atlanta - Americas corn hole......