Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Mets Fans

Question for Mets Fans

just curious as to how mets fans feel, lets say the mets do steamroll through the NL and make it to the world series. would you rather play the yankees and want to beat em for bragging rights or play against another al team so the ny spotlight is soley on the mets?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ambxc22
    just curious as to how mets fans feel, lets say the mets do steamroll through the NL and make it to the world series. would you rather play the yankees and want to beat em for bragging rights or play against another al team so the ny spotlight is soley on the mets?

I'd rather play the Yankees instead of the Twins. Only because I think they are more beatable.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ambxc22
    Just as most Yankee fans dont want the Angels, I dont want the Yanks. Even though I know the Mets are better (as the Yanks are better than the Angels), they always find a way against us.

I really don't care who we play as long as we get there.

Rookie
    I want them to beat the Yankees, I have emotional scars from 2000.

All League
    It's a two edged sword....there is no team I'd rather beat more than the Yankees....but there's no team I'd hate losing to more than the Yanks. I'd hate to hear their asses again if we lost.

I have no problem sharing the spotlight with the Yankees in the WS.

Rookie
    It has to faced and conquered the evil empire.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If we play the Yanks I get to see all the games.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    I really don't care who we play as long as we get there.
    Agreed !! I don't care who it is as long as we get there.

I personally would like it to be the Yankees... not because I hate them or because I think we'll beat them easier than any other AL Team.

I want it to be the Yankees because the first Subway World Series was awesome to watch and a repeat of it in the same decade would be amazing. Of course I'd like the outcome to be different this ime around.

Yankees are the easiest team to beat?

WTF, The Yankees are better than the A's and Tigres by a wide margin and better than Minnesota by a little.

All Pro
    Yanks are the best in the AL, and the fact is that they have had very little problem hitting Pedro for the last few years. If I'm the Yanks, I take Moose, Wang and Rivera over Pedro, Glavine, and Wagner.

Thread was directed toMet fans not trolling Yankee fans,

Now, first we have to get there and if we do any team as it is out of our hands. If the Mets don't make and the Yanks do I will be rooting for NY.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

When we played the Yankees in 2000, they were clearly the better team.

If I had to make a choice, Id say they are the better team now as well, although the margin is pretty close.

King718 put it best, there's no team Id rather beat, and there's no team Id hate losing to.

If I were choosing right now between the Yankees and the Twins...Id rather play the Twins.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet

Now, first we have to get there and if we do any team as it is out of our hands. If the Mets don't make and the Yanks do I will be rooting for NY.
    I won't! God forbid the Yanks make it and the Mets don't, I probably wouldn't watch the WS.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I too have emotional scars from 2000, I was at the game at Shea when the Yanks won........

I want to take out the Yankmees..........

All Pro

Hey if your going to involve the team , you bet the fans are going to have their say..

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    Hey if your going to involve the team , you bet the fans are going to have their say..
    Very true but you can bet your bottom dollar that if a Met fan embarked on a Yankee thread some Yankee fan would respond as I have.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    I could care less, as long as the Mets win, I don't care who "we" play.

All Pro
    Very true but you can bet your bottom dollar that if a Met fan embarked on a Yankee thread some Yankee fan would respond as I have.
    I'm surprise by this post since you been here longer then me.Every Yankee thread that has been posted with JG and others embarking in they have never been called a troll because we all know its in good fun.Now you want to call it trolling..

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    I'm surprise by this post since you been here longer then me.Every Yankee thread that has been posted with JG and others embarking in they have never been called a troll because we all know its in good fun.Now you want to call it trolling..
    Trolling was a very poor choice of word on my part. Don't get offended your a good guy and I certainly didn't mean posters like yourself.