Thread: Stromblad or anyone: Anybody see the BBC Documentary on Football Bungs?

Hall Of Fame

Stromblad or anyone: Anybody see the BBC Documentary on Football Bungs?

and what the hell is a football bung anyway?..an illegal payment of some sort?

and anyone know if BBC America is going to be airing this sucker?..i'm curious as to what it had to say...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    bung? huh?
    thats what i want to know...espn soccernet keeps using that goddamned word and i dont have a clue what theyre talking about...

Hall Of Fame
    alright, got some answers...according to the bbc website, "WHAT IS A BUNG?
    A secret and unauthorised payment seen as a financial incentive to help a transfer go through
    "...and, apparently, arseblog claims that the documentary should be up for viewing on their website later today, though who knows if that will actually be the case...they do have some interviews up now though...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ma/default.stm

Christ I can;t believe I missed this thread.
    Caught some of it, some dodgy dealings by Sam Allardyce's son, which seem to have brought in a law stopping relations from being involved in transfer dealings (What this'll do the the Anelka boys should be fun)

Not a lot since. In fact, there are calls now for all the clubs not involved to be exonerated publicly.

Having said that, it's all about to be overshadowed by a betting scandal involving Victor Chandler bookmakers.