Thread: NY Cosmos movie on ESPN2 right now

NY Cosmos movie on ESPN2 right now

"Once in a Lifetime" 9pm eastern (right now)... in case anyone is interested

Hall Of Fame
    yeah i still cant believe i spent 10 bucks to see it in theaters 2 months ago...i should've followed my gut instinct and waited, but i'll be damned if i was gonna let my girlfriend choose the movie we went to see...

good documentary though...

I thought it was great... very cool, interesting documentary. I had no idea just how popular the Cosmos were in the late 70s. And I loved the Americanized version of the penalty kick -- start 35 yards out and have 5 seconds to advance on the goal and fire a strike.

If anyone knows when it will be shown again please let us know.

http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0489247/0006.jpg

This guy was the man. So prolific (his skills and talents were unbelievable) and the quintessential athlete everyone loved to hate. I would LOVE to find a replica Chinaglia Cosmos jersey.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0489247/0006.jpg

This guy was the man. So prolific (his skills and talents were unbelievable) and the quintessential athlete everyone loved to hate. I would LOVE to find a replica Chinaglia Cosmos jersey.
    http://www.toffs.com/icat/cosmos

whole bunch of old cosmos jerseys...they can add numbers, though i dont know about names, but i'd assume they probably could by request...

also a large selection of other teams throwbacks...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    yeah i still cant believe i spent 10 bucks to see it in theaters 2 months ago...i should've followed my gut instinct and waited, but i'll be damned if i was gonna let my girlfriend choose the movie we went to see...

good documentary though...
    Although I didn't spend the $$ to see it in the theater I did think it seemed awfully soon for it to move to TV.
    I thought it was great! A major flashback session!
    I was in my mid teens when Pele showed up, and like most, soccer was just not important to me. But I was/am such a big sports fan that I got into it when Pele joined. Then Giorgio, Cruyff, Ricky Davis(?), Alberto, Franz, etc joined. It was freakin' amazing! They really were rock stars!
    I watched the whole two hours with a smile and also realized how FAST 30 years has gone by!
    BTW: Did you get the impression there are still a lot of hard feelings about how it all blew up?? WOW!! Get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    http://www.toffs.com/icat/cosmos

whole bunch of old cosmos jerseys...they can add numbers, though i dont know about names, but i'd assume they probably could by request...

also a large selection of other teams throwbacks...

nice, thanks.... I think it would be awesome to walk around with a Chinaglia shirt on

Anyone know when this will be on tv again?

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet123456
    Anyone know when this will be on tv again?

it was actually on again sunday afternoon. check the espn website, they are probably replaying it a few times throughout the month

@$#% missed it again. I have Tivo and when I do a search on the title there are no upcoming shows.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet123456
    @$#% missed it again. I have Tivo and when I do a search on the title there are no upcoming shows.
    DVD is out if you want