Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 outs to AL EAST CHAMPS !

Hall Of Fame

3 outs to AL EAST CHAMPS !

3 more outs in the Boston vs Twins game twins up 8-2 ... 9th straight divison title here we come

Quote Originally Posted by thechadzone10
    3 more outs in the Boston vs Twins game twins up 8-2 ... 9th straight divison title here we come
    FINALLY! Something I can agree with!!

alright Yanks!

now, the party starts

Quote Originally Posted by thechadzone10
    Sorry but I can't get excited to win the division this way. Would've preferred a win tonight.

derek got drenched!

way to go yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Sorry but I can't get excited to win the division this way. Would've preferred a win tonight.
    It doesn't matter to me. The key now is for Joe to start resting Proctor and Farnsworth. I would say Villone too, but I think Joe already killed his arm.

would rather clinched it with a win but its sweet nonetheless

All Pro
    Nice to win another div title and add another t shirt and hat to the collection ,but I want the ring. That's what its all about with the YANKS..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Hey, the last two times the Yanks won the World Series they lost a game and won the division with a Boston loss, so I have no problem with it.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Yankees won another (yawn) Division title? I was busy watching rerun's of Grey's Anatomy.

A luxury you are granted when you don't wait 18 years between Division (yawn) titles.

SAR I

All League
    Yeah I missed most baseball tonight. Just not as interesting as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    Nice to win another div title and add another t shirt and hat to the collection ,but I want the ring. That's what its all about with the YANKS..
    6 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY JOHNSON
    6 years and counting

Are you a mets fan?

If so press 1:

STFU retard.

All League
    Congrats to the Yanks on yet another division title. Impressive run.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY JOHNSON
    6 years and counting
    You don't want me to start counting on your side of town.

All Pro
    Sorry guys, but I can't get excited about a sport anymore that allows a team to spend over $200 million on their payroll while teams like Kansas City can only put together a roster with about $45 million.

Baseball has been ruined by this...Great for Yankee fans, but its a little boring for the rest of us when they just constantly buy whoever they want.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve
    Sorry guys, but I can't get excited about a sport anymore that allows a team to spend over $200 million on their payroll while teams like Kansas City can only put together a roster with about $45 million.

Baseball has been ruined by this...Great for Yankee fans, but its a little boring for the rest of us when they just constantly buy whoever they want.
    It can be worse the Marlins payroll is like 15 Million.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve

Respectfully CS,
    It's not that they can't put together a larger payroll, it is that they won't. The cheap bottom feeders who pocket profit sharing funds are every bit the problem that Steinbrenner is to baseball

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    Respectfully CS,
    It's not that they can't put together a larger payroll, it is that they won't. The cheap bottom feeders who pocket profit sharing funds are every bit the problem that Steinbrenner is to baseball
    NOt disagreeing, but baseball as a sport has been more affected by the big spenders than the little ones. Bob Costas' book a few years back had some great suggestions on what to do with the game, most notably a salary cap on both ends of the scale.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    Respectfully CS,

exactly, these teams crying broke are owned by billionaires that consciously chose NOT to spend money on their baseball teams

the truth is taht you have to blame the players, not the owners and not the league

it is the mafia known as the player's union that doesn't want team or individual salary caps, the league and owners cannot put one without the blessing of the union