Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: These tactics cannot sustain democracy

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,356

    These tactics cannot sustain democracy

    Musharraf: U.S. threatened to bomb Pakistan after 9/11 13 minutes ago



    NEW YORK (Reuters) - President Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan said that after the September 11 attacks the United States threatened to bomb his country if it did not cooperate with America's war campaign against the Taliban in Afghanistan.

    ADVERTISEMENT




    Musharraf, in an interview with CBS news magazine show "60 Minutes" that will air Sunday, said the threat came from Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage and was given to Musharraf's intelligence director.

    "The intelligence director told me that (Armitage) said, 'Be prepared to be bombed. Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age,"' Musharraf said.

    "I think it was a very rude remark."

    The Pakistani leader, whose remarks were distributed to the media by CBS, said he reacted to the threat in a responsible way.

    "One has to think and take actions in the interest of the nation, and that's what I did," Musharraf said about the cooperation extended by Pakistan.

    Musharraf said some demands made by the United States were "ludicrous," including one insisting he suppress domestic expression of support for terrorism against the United States.

    "If somebody's expressing views, we cannot curb the expression of views," Musharraf said.

  2. #2
    flushingjet
    Guest
    Dumbmarine,
    I bet you think this wasnt quite as rude as that remark:

    http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...ollapse-01.jpg

    More of these we cant sustain

    Of course we threatened the little b@st@rd
    Thats what our govt rightly had to do-no matter who was in charge
    Remember this guy crying on TV about survival of his nation
    What do you think he was talkin' about

    Pakistan supported the Taliban & Al-Qaeda
    and they still do so to this day

    And you worry about their hurt lil feelins. awww

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by flushingjet
    Pakistan supported the Taliban & Al-Qaeda
    and they still do so to this day
    hey toilet flush Jet

    have you forgotten that these people our some of our closest allies in the war on terror?

    your boy Bush on one hand promotes democracy in the middle east and on the other hand gets in bed with a so-called "President" Monsuraff, really a military dictator who took power by coup. It's hypocracy.

  4. #4
    flushingjet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    hey toilet flush Jet

    have you forgotten that these people our some of our closest allies in the war on terror?

    your boy Bush on one hand promotes democracy in the middle east and on the other hand gets in bed with a so-called "President" Monsuraff, really a military dictator who took power by coup. It's hypocracy.
    Say what?
    Forgot what?
    Dont you read?
    Dont you comprehend what you read?
    Dont you comprehend anything you read
    outside of Kos/Huffington?

    In 2001, not 1971 or 1981 or in the time
    of Lawrence of Arabia,
    Pakistan was the Talibans biggest ally
    The Taliban was Al-Qaeda's host
    Do you dispute that?

    That sh*thole is our ally by coercion & necessity,
    not a friend
    not a very good ally either IMO
    but, better mush-arraf than a unbridled islamist
    then you will see some real fireworks there
    despite the nukes Pres BJ let him obtain

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,356
    flushinghomo,
    Has your loser president gotten OBL?

  6. #6
    flushingjet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bman
    flushinghomo,
    Has your loser president gotten OBL?
    Dumbmarine,
    i see no reason to get OBL if pres. BJ didnt see the need to

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bman
    your loser president
    I don't think a multihandled messageboard activist has the leverage to call anyone, much less a sitting US President, a loser.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,356
    Can I call you stupid then???
    B/C I have ONE message board identity..
    But I would love for you to waste your time to prove otherwise..Be my guest.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    You can't win with these liberals.

    When you overthrow a saddam, you didn't give diplomacy a chance.
    When you try to use diplomacy against iran, you're not doing enough.
    When you work with the saudi's, you're too soft.
    When you threaten the pakistani's, you're too harsh.
    When you get hit on 9/11, you didn't connect the dots.
    When you eavesdrop on terrorists, you're breaking the law.
    When you capture or kill lead terrorists, it's no big deal.
    When you haven't captured them (yet), it's a big deal.

    A conservatives best friend is a vocal, unhinged liberal. Enjoy two more years of this:


  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    Hey weeb, thats a great picture of Dubya dressed up for halloween. His costume is very believeable. One might even mistake him for someone who actually proudly served in the military.

    As for
    When you overthrow a saddam, you didn't give diplomacy a chance.
    When you try to use diplomacy against iran, you're not doing enough.
    When you work with the saudi's, you're too soft.
    When you threaten the pakistani's, you're too harsh.
    When you get hit on 9/11, you didn't connect the dots.
    When you eavesdrop on terrorists, you're breaking the law.
    When you capture or kill lead terrorists, it's no big deal.
    When you haven't captured them (yet), it's a big deal.
    Try coming up with something original. Stop plagerizing! These are word for word the same TPs spewed by Rush, Hannity, Mark Levin or whatever Right Wing nut job you bow to.

    1.When you overthrow a saddam, you didn't give diplomacy a chance

    No, all we are saying is that overthrowing governments (especially ones that posed no threat to us) and nation building should not be our policy. Look at the mess we've created. Iraq is in a civil war, 100 civilians are dying each day, the torture these people are experiencing now is worse than even under Saddam, the government they elected was trained by Iran's Revolutionary Army and killed Americans in terrorist acts in Lebanon. The "Iraqi Government" has allready cozied up to Iran, which once they win this civil war will provide thr ME with another Shiite Theocracy, bring Iran's influence closer to Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, etc.

    2. When you try to use diplomacy against iran, you're not doing enough.

    What deplomacy are you talking about? Bush has passed the buck to the EU to get something done. He refuses to even meet with Ahmenidejad. How can you have diplomacy when your leader wont even talk with their leader.

    3.When you work with the saudi's, you're too soft.

    The vast majority of the men who attacked us on 9/11 were Saudis. Weve destroyed Iraq, a nation that had nothing to do with it, yet Saudi Arabia simply gets a slap on the wrist? They continue to breed hatred toward America and the Maddrasses in SA are churning out America hating future turrrisss by the hour, Yet SA is treated with kid gloves. We are calling for the democratization of the Middle East but are still cozying up to one of the most backward, brutal dictatorships (not only in SA, but the entire gulf region). Yes, i call that being too soft.

    4. When you threaten the pakistani's, you're too harsh.

    Are you kidding me, thats not being too tough, thats simply embarassing. Bush parades Musharraff around claiming hes a partner on the war on terror and Pakistan is an allie when all along the truth is they were forced into helping us by threats? Thats sad! Not only that , but it makes the USA look like a bully and once again a bunch of hypocrites. Way to go! another step forward in winning the hearts and minds of the muslim people


    5. When you get hit on 9/11, you didn't connect the dots.

    No one ever blamed the Republicans as being the only ones who didnt connect the dots. The Dems are also guilty here.

    6. When you eavesdrop on terrorists, you're breaking the law.

    More BS from the right. The dems are all for eavesdropping so long its done within the confines of the law, which BTW in no way hinders/slows down our ability to gather this data. Of course the Righties want to spin this as if we are against eaves dropping. Pathetic. Of course, since 9/11 , the coward Right wing nuts have been in favor of following the mantra "here take my liberties just spare us death" doing exactly what the turrriss want us to do. Our constitution and laws are what separates us from the turrriss and you want to give that up? Talk about playing into the hands of the turrrrriss.

    7. When you capture or kill lead terrorists, it's no big deal.

    Its not a big deal unless you do something to change these people's attitude towards us. As long as these people are raised to hate us new turrrriss will be popping up after each one we kill. Destroying Iraq, creating chaos, toturing prisoners, killing civilians, our hypocritical support of brutal dictators in the mE while preaching democracy, forcing Pakistan to help us by thretening to bomb the hell out of them, supporting Israel unconditionally even when they use excessive force and kill Lebanese civilians and destrroy the infrastructure it took them 20 years to finally rebuild will not win any heatrts and minds in the ME. If we dont start winning these people over, capturing individual terrorists will mean nothing. Even if we do catch Al Quedas #2 for the 568th time.

    8. When you haven't captured them (yet), it's a big deal.

    Its a big deal when your president takes center stage and says OBL: Wanted dead or alive! and 5 years later fails to produce. Its even a biiger deal when he takes troops away from hunting for him in order to invade a nation that had nothing to do with 9/11 and posed no threat to us.
    Last edited by kennyo7; 09-23-2006 at 12:51 PM.

  11. #11
    flushingjet
    Guest
    better Muslims should be concerned about their
    goodwill irretrievably lost to Americans after 9/11

    (Not fake American Cypridiots like you who can't even boot Turks out of Cyprus)

    If you were Lt Columbo,, and not Buck Private Dr. Giggles,
    youd grasp that Saddam had every motive to attack America after losing GW 1, and he got on the job right away, viz WTC 1, trying to kill
    GHWB etc. In fact he has never stopped trying to kill Americans
    one way or another, directly or by proxy to this day.

    Yet we "shoulda" "contained" him.
    (Oil for Food was some containment!)

    Meanwhile OBL is contained/dead and we "must" turn over
    every rock in S. Asia to seize him, even after
    the Dems failed to do it for years.
    Hes probably Tora Bora cave art, but the key pt
    is OBL is not the beginning nor the end of modern Islamism
    Better hes mysteriously gone missing for good than have a
    Free Osama march at a show trial or
    a shrine.
    A very dead Che' Guevara did not prevent his ascent to
    lib iconography

    the hypocrisy/stupidity of the Libs would be risible if it
    wasnt so dangerous
    The ummah "never interacts" yet there are box car loads of
    incontrivertible evidence to the contrary
    Hussein had tons of WMD material of all kinds, for years,
    yet he "never had em"

    If we did what really must be done you and teh others would
    immediately whine about the killing, destruction or attendant spike in gas prices-you dont want war, with people who war against us, you dont want them dead, or in prison even with ours and other innocents blood dripping off their dirty nightshirts.

    What the heck do you want then?

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by flushingjet
    better Muslims should be concerned about their
    goodwill irretrievably lost to Americans after 9/11

    (Not fake American Cypridiots like you who can't even boot Turks out of Cyprus)

    If you were Lt Columbo,, and not Buck Private Dr. Giggles,
    youd grasp that Saddam had every motive to attack America after losing GW 1, and he got on the job right away, viz WTC 1, trying to kill
    GHWB etc. In fact he has never stopped trying to kill Americans
    one way or another, directly or by proxy to this day.

    Yet we "shoulda" "contained" him.
    (Oil for Food was some containment!)

    Meanwhile OBL is contained/dead and we "must" turn over
    every rock in S. Asia to seize him, even after
    the Dems failed to do it for years.
    Hes probably Tora Bora cave art, but the key pt
    is OBL is not the beginning nor the end of modern Islamism
    Better hes mysteriously gone missing for good than have a
    Free Osama march at a show trial or
    a shrine.
    A very dead Che' Guevara did not prevent his ascent to
    lib iconography

    the hypocrisy/stupidity of the Libs would be risible if it
    wasnt so dangerous
    The ummah "never interacts" yet there are box car loads of
    incontrivertible evidence to the contrary
    Hussein had tons of WMD material of all kinds, for years,
    yet he "never had em"

    If we did what really must be done you and teh others would
    immediately whine about the killing, destruction or attendant spike in gas prices-you dont want war, with people who war against us, you dont want them dead, or in prison even with ours and other innocents blood dripping off their dirty nightshirts.

    What the heck do you want then?

    More nonsensical dribble from a hate mongering Hebe bastard. Your childish rant as usuall makes no sense at all and stems from your own hatred/fear rather than any facts at all. You brought up how cyprus couldnt boot turkey out of their homes but thats hard to do when you have little military might and Turkey has the backing of the USA who conveniently cry out when Iraq/Saddam was violatin UN Resolutions but are conveniently silent when Turkey does the same. Of course you also dont mention how the mighty Hebe' army backed by US dollars and weopans could not even disarm a rouge gang of bandits in Lebanon. Of course we expect you to cry victim (as you usually do) when Hezbollah starts firing on you people once again. You are a disgrace to all the Jews who have contributed so much to our society and whoi have earned their respect time and time again.

  13. #13
    flushingjet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7
    More nonsensical dribble from a hate mongering Hebe bastard. Your childish rant as usuall makes no sense at all and stems from your own hatred/fear rather than any facts at all. You brought up how cyprus couldnt boot turkey out of their homes but thats hard to do when you have little military might and Turkey has the backing of the USA who conveniently cry out when Iraq/Saddam was violatin UN Resolutions but are conveniently silent when Turkey does the same. Of course you also dont mention how the mighty Hebe' army backed by US dollars and weopans could not even disarm a rouge gang of bandits in Lebanon. Of course we expect you to cry victim (as you usually do) when Hezbollah starts firing on you people once again. You are a disgrace to all the Jews who have contributed so much to our society and whoi have earned their respect time and time again.
    Yeah, I'm the hateful one.
    Sure, Maj. Embarrassment.
    L'Shanah Tovah to you, too.

    Beware of Greeks...period.

    https://www.time.com/time/europe/mag...29/greece.html
    http://www.jcpa.org/phas/phas-23.htm
    http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...ng/ai_85132089
    Last edited by flushingjet; 09-23-2006 at 06:46 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us