Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden Dead?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Bin Laden Dead?

U.S. can't confirm bin Laden death report: official 35 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government is unable to confirm a French newspaper report that al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is believed to have died last month in Pakistan, a U.S. counterterrorism official said on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

"We cannot confirm the account," said the official, who declined to be identified because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the issue. "It's quite possible (that) there was some talk of this, but in terms of being able to confirm this, that I can't do."

The French regional daily L'Est Republicain reported that, according to a French secret service report, Saudi Arabia was convinced that bin Laden died of typhoid in Pakistan in late August. The French government has said it could not confirm the report and would investigate the intelligence leak.

The U.S. State Department had no immediate comment and was looking into the reports.

Media reports suggesting that bin Laden was dead, seriously wounded or in ill health have surfaced periodically over the years, especially during lengthy periods of time without taped messages from the al Qaeda leader.

U.S. officials have suggested that his death would be accompanied by a surge of e-mail and telephone chatter among bereaved al Qaeda members, if not an actual announcement from the militant network.

But officials said they were not aware of any such chatter in recent weeks.

A factor fueling persistent speculation about bin Laden's health is that he has not been seen on a new videotape since late 2004, while his second-in-command, Ayman al-Zawahri, has made a number of videotaped appearances.

But bin Laden, 49, a Saudi-born fugitive with a $25 million price on his head, has released several audiotapes this year, which U.S. intelligence has authenticated.

His latest audiotape surfaced in July. In it, he warned Iraq's Shi'ite majority of retaliation for attacks on Sunni Arabs and said al Qaeda would fight the United States anywhere in the world.

I actually have a feeling his is dead this time

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You believe a report from french "intelligence"?

I bet every defeatocrat in America's heart skipped a beat this morning. If it's true, (french) flags will be flying half staff at all dnc establishments.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]

I bet every defeatocrat in America's heart skipped a beat this morning. If it's true, (french) flags will be flying half staff at all dnc establishments.[/QUOTE]
    You are one sick dude. You are just filled with hate as much as the AQ guys. You don't deserve to live in a free country where people might disagree with you. Go find yourself a fascist country to spill your hate.

Get out of America. We don't need you here! You poisen the atmosphere for democracy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]You are one sick dude. You are just filled with hate as much as the AQ guys. You don't deserve to live in a free country where people might disagree with you. Go find yourself a fascist country to spill your hate.

Get out of America. We don't need you here! You poisen the atmosphere for democracy.[/QUOTE]

Weeb is hateful almost to the point of irrationality - but do you not see the irony in your post?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]Weeb is hateful almost to the point of irrationality - but do you not see the irony in your post?[/QUOTE]
    No I don't see the irony in how Democrats will be mourning the death of OBL and lowering their flags to half-staff.

Please enlighten me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]No I don't see the irony in how Democrats will be mourning the death of OBL and lowering their flags to half-staff.

Please enlighten me.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't my point. As hateful or irrational as some people can be, it's ironic to me for someone else to tell them to leave our "free" country.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]That wasn't my point. As hateful or irrational as some people can be, it's ironic to me for someone else to tell them to leave our "free" country.[/QUOTE]
    My point is that if people don't enjoy living in a country with a two party system and thinks that anyone who might not agree with them politically is an enemy of the state than that person is better off living in a fascist country where there is a one party system and nobody can speak against the accepted govt position.

Americans should learn tolerance for dissent and one who disagrees with our President is not someone who would want to honor the death of an ememy who has killed thousands of innocent Americans.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    more classic liberal bullsh!t...

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]My point is that if people don't enjoy living in a country with a two party system and thinks that anyone who might not agree with them politically is an enemy of the state than that person is better off living in a fascist country where there is a one party system and nobody can speak against the accepted govt position.

[B]Americans should learn tolerance for dissent and one who disagrees with our President is not someone who would want to honor the death of an ememy who has killed thousands of innocent Americans.[/B] [/QUOTE]

as you do daily here??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan
    My point is that if people don't enjoy living in a country with a two party system and thinks that anyone who might not agree with them politically is an enemy of the state than that person is better off living in a fascist country where there is a one party system and nobody can speak against the accepted govt position.

[B]Americans should learn tolerance for dissent and one who disagrees with our President is not someone who would want to honor the death of an ememy who has killed thousands of innocent Americans. [/B] [/QUOTE]

CBTNY said:
    [QUOTE]as you do daily here??[/QUOTE]
    So what are you saying that I daily disagree with the President so therefore I am honoring OBL?

You are one sick individual who is a complete waste of time. I'm through with you.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]

You are one sick individual who is a complete waste of time. I'm through with you.[/QUOTE]

that's the 86th time you've whined like a little b!tch in this manner...

your like the wife/girlfriend who constantly gets abused by the husband/boyfriend and claims "I'm through with you" only to return to get abused twice as much.....

you must be one of those self-hating libs....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]My point is that if people don't enjoy living in a country with a two party system and thinks that anyone who might not agree with them politically is an enemy of the state than that person is better off living in a fascist country where there is a one party system and nobody can speak against the accepted govt position.

Americans should learn tolerance for dissent and one who disagrees with our President is not someone who would want to honor the death of an ememy who has killed thousands of innocent Americans.[/QUOTE]

He's exercising his right to speak in a free country. For you to tell him to leave the country is disingenuous.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]He's exercising his right to speak in a free country. For you to tell him to leave the country is disingenuous.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]America is God's gift to the world. If this statement offends you, then move to france![/QUOTE]

Did you not see this in that ****-up's signature? It makes perfect sense to tell him to leave the country. If you think America is G-d's gift to the world, then there's no place for you here. What ever happened to the Establishment Clause? What ever happened to freedom of expression and plurality of religions, ideas and thought?

Weeb is not only disingenuous to these concepts, he's flat out offensive, and simply put, an a-hole To say that Democrats would honor the death of Bin Ladin is absolutely disgusting. I would spit in the face of a person who said that. Go back to the Middle Ages and fight your religious Crusade where and when you belong, you worthless piece of shi'ite (this is meant at Spirt of Weeb, not you Brooklyn).

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsphan]Did you not see this in that ****-up's signature? It makes perfect sense to tell him to leave the country. If you think America is G-d's gift to the world, then there's no place for you here. [B]What ever happened to the Establishment Clause? What ever happened to freedom of expression and plurality of religions, ideas and thought? [/B]

Weeb is not only disingenuous to these concepts, he's flat out offensive, and simply put, an a-hole To say that Democrats would honor the death of Bin Ladin is absolutely disgusting. I would spit in the face of a person who said that. Go back to the Middle Ages and fight your religious Crusade where and when you belong, you worthless piece of shi'ite (this is meant at Spirt of Weeb, not you Brooklyn).[/QUOTE]

they only exist for liberal and those who think like the lunatic left...

it alright for liberals to refer to the President as a fascist, indict people such as Karl Rove before due process and basically blame America for most of the world's ills....that's freedom of expression...

or comparing the KKK to a conservative organization....right junior??

Yet when a conservative tells a rat to shove it up their azz....well that's just disingenuous and they should leave the country immediately...

thanks for furthering the cause of the bullsh!t hypocrisy prevalent from the lunatic left on a daily basis.....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-23-2006 at 01:49 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]they only exist for liberal and those who think like the lunatic left...

it alright for liberals to refer to the President as a fascist, indict people such as Karl Rove before due process and basically blame America for most of the world's ills....that's freedom of expression...

Yet when a conservative tells a rat to shove it up their azz....well that's just disingenuous and they should leave the country immediately...

thanks for furthering the cause of the bullsh!t hypocrisy prevalent from the lunatic left on a daily basis.....[/QUOTE]

You're pretty dumb. Let's start with that and move forward 1 by 1.

1. Karl Rove has not been indicted. (But he should be, and very well might be in the future).

2. No conservative told any rat to shove it up their azz. A conservative said "America is God's gift to the world. If this statement offends you, then move to france!". That's not directed towards any one person, it's just a statement of ignorance and idiocy. It's a distorted, twisted and deranged way of viewing the world. To which G-d is America the gift to the world? What if I don't believe in YOUR G-d, let alone G-d at all?

It would be impossible for me to agree with that statement, yet I love America and wouldn't move out. Do you people not realize that diferring points of view are alright? America is great but not perfect. To make America better, you must realize the flaws and deal with them. I guess maybe you just really, Really, REALLY liked Herman Edwards as the Jets coach. He was great at going into a game with a crappy plan and not changing it in the 2nd half when there were obvious flaws. Only problem is that in football you can fire your coach (or be lucky enough to trade him for a draft pick!) but in politics, you can't do the same.

3. I said nothing hypocritical at all. Read it again and it might make sense to you. But someone who thinks America is G-d's gift to the world, and thinks that America can bring democracy to the Middle East is not just a hypocrite, but is also pretty damn dumb. You think going to the Muslims and saying "Hey guys, how's it going? We're doing Jesus' work so why don't you become democratic?" will ever work? If you think we are G-d's gift to the world, and that we can use this to democratize a region that prescribes to a different religious belief than you, well...you're...i...don't...know ...maybe...stupid? naive? a religious zealot? a crusader? all of the above?

Do I not belong in your America because I'm Jewish and am strongly opposed to our government having ANY religious identity?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]or comparing the KKK to a conservative organization....right junior??[/QUOTE]

the KKK is a conservative organization. The Bush Administration is not necessarily conservative (ask Tucker Carlson, a true conservative, what he thinks about Bush. Ask Christie Whitman. Ask thousands of other conservatives who think that Bush has alienated their party).

Calling the KKK conservative is factually correct, as theoretically, the organization allies with the conservative ideology. That is not a knock on conservatism, but rather is a fact. I feel like a rational conservative would not take offense to that at all. I don't mean that in an offensive way, and I don't mean that to dilute debate, but the KKK prescribes to a conservative ideology. The problem is that you only see things in Democrat v. Republican, black v. white. NEWSBREAK: the world doesn't work that way!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsphan]You're pretty dumb. Let's start with that and move forward 1 by 1.

1. Karl Rove has not been indicted. (But he should be, and very well might be in the future).

2. No conservative told any rat to shove it up their azz. A conservative said "America is God's gift to the world. If this statement offends you, then move to france!". That's not directed towards any one person, it's just a statement of ignorance and idiocy. It's a distorted, twisted and deranged way of viewing the world. To which G-d is America the gift to the world? What if I don't believe in YOUR G-d, let alone G-d at all?

It would be impossible for me to agree with that statement, yet I love America and wouldn't move out. Do you people not realize that diferring points of view are alright? America is great but not perfect. To make America better, you must realize the flaws and deal with them. I guess maybe you just really, Really, REALLY liked Herman Edwards as the Jets coach. He was great at going into a game with a crappy plan and not changing it in the 2nd half when there were obvious flaws. Only problem is that in football you can fire your coach (or be lucky enough to trade him for a draft pick!) but in politics, you can't do the same.

3. I said nothing hypocritical at all. Read it again and it might make sense to you. But someone who thinks America is G-d's gift to the world, and thinks that America can bring democracy to the Middle East is not just a hypocrite, but is also pretty damn dumb. You think going to the Muslims and saying "Hey guys, how's it going? We're doing Jesus' work so why don't you become democratic?" will ever work? If you think we are G-d's gift to the world, and that we can use this to democratize a region that prescribes to a different religious belief than you, well...you're...i...don't...know ...maybe...stupid? naive? a religious zealot? a crusader? all of the above?

Do I not belong in your America because I'm Jewish and am strongly opposed to our government having ANY religious identity?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty dumb- but you are completely clueless and a complete hypocrite....so let's start off with that...a chip off the old block I'd say....

you couldn't even pick up the irony of my post that Karl Rove was indicted....yet through your complete ignorance state he should be and may well be...and I'm dumb???? and I see things as only Republican and democKrat??

you are the same piece of sh!t who compared conservatives to the KKK in the past....a genuine piece of free expression in your pathetic world....meanwhile the rats who prescribe to your way of thinking also freely express that Bush had advanced warning of 9-11 (howard dean), Bush is in cahoots with the Saudi's, etc...

yet when someone on this board sarcastically says defeatocrats would fly flags at half mast if obl was in fact dead- well that's disingenuous and he must leave the country...

as I said- you are a complete hypocrite...but as a lunatic leftist it is expected...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-23-2006 at 02:15 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsphan] Ask Christie Whitman. [/QUOTE]

Why do we care what Christie friggin Whitman has to say? Are budget deficits and pension raids good conservative policy?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsphan]Did you not see this in that ****-up's signature? It makes perfect sense to tell him to leave the country. If you think America is G-d's gift to the world, then there's no place for you here. What ever happened to the Establishment Clause? What ever happened to freedom of expression and plurality of religions, ideas and thought?

Weeb is not only disingenuous to these concepts, he's flat out offensive, and simply put, an a-hole To say that Democrats would honor the death of Bin Ladin is absolutely disgusting. I would spit in the face of a person who said that. Go back to the Middle Ages and fight your religious Crusade where and when you belong, you worthless piece of shi'ite (this is meant at Spirt of Weeb, not you Brooklyn).[/QUOTE]

I don't have sigs on, sorry. Both statements are illogical.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]Why do we care what Christie friggin Whitman has to say? Are budget deficits and pension raids good conservative policy?[/QUOTE]

Is that all you can pick out of what I wrote? Give me a break. Everything else was right on so you picked 1 name. I guess you care about what Tucker Carlson says though, since you didn't bring him up.

And about those budget deficits...Bush has done a great job! Ever wonder what plays a big part in conservatives wanting to disown Bush? Andrew Sullivan isn't too happy with that either.
    Last edited by jetsphan; 09-23-2006 at 02:34 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]that's the 86th time you've whined like a little b!tch in this manner...

your like the wife/girlfriend who constantly gets abused by the husband/boyfriend and claims "I'm through with you" only to return to get abused twice as much.....

you must be one of those self-hating libs....[/QUOTE]
    Well now I have a new respect for you CB. You above confess to being an abuser who exists to abuse people who come on this board with enlightened points of view.

Since abusers are well known to be irrational idiots it sounds likes you are on the road to recovery because admitting that you are abusive is the first step on the road.

I wish you success in your recovery. This board will be a better place without abusive people.