Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Red Sox Not Yet Eliminated from Wild Card

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Red Sox Not Yet Eliminated from Wild Card

Oh wait, yes they are. Nice run fellas.

Well played Theo. Maybe you aren't a baseball genius after all - just a kid who got lucky one year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thread LOL

I don't think his credibility is wiped away though

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Boston fans have really turned on him - I have quite a few in my office. If you have the revenues, which they do, there is no reason (other than sheer cockiness) not to go out and get help.

He reminds me of the guy in your fantasy league that is more interested in pulling off the shocking/cutesy move than he is doing the logical, safe thing.
    Came back to bite him big time this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    the Boston fans have really turned on him - I have quite a few in my office. If you have the revenues, which they do, there is no reason (other than sheer cockiness) not to go out and get help.

He reminds me of the guy in your fantasy league that is more interested in pulling off the shocking/cutesy move than he is doing the logical, safe thing.
    Came back to bite him big time this year.
    Half of the crap that happened in Boston was after he "resigned" and they had the co-Gms. It's been stated many times Damon would still be in Boston probally if Theo were GM at the time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing to do with Damon. Theo decided to play it cool and not make any moves at the trading deadline to help their pitching (supposedly many deals were close but he refused to give up any of his young "stud" pitchers) nor did he get Andruw Jones which he could have had for the right price (according to Jayson Stark)

Theo blew it, the Sox got owned and now their not in the playoffs. End of story.