Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bench Chad Pennington, Save The Season

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Bench Chad Pennington, Save The Season

We have no chance against the Colts or the Jaguars.

The Jets are exceeding expectations, for sure, but we need more time for the rookie OL to gel and the running game to get on track. These are two elite NFL teams and we're not on the same level.

Critically, we need to get to 3-3 to have a chance to win the division. Beating Miami in three weeks is the priority. That's the game of the year right now. Have to have the Miami game.

So treat the next two weeks as preseason games. Get Clemens and Ramsey some work and let them hand off 80% of the time to force our running game into shape. Give Chad time to rest. We're going to need him in 100% condition for the scrub back-half schedule.

No need to risk injuring him, and a big opportunity to get the running game going in two games that are useless to us.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know if this post was made by anyone other than SAR this would have been dumped already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does your shrink know that you're off your meds?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe for a second that the Jets will win either of those games, but you're insane if you're being serious.

And if you're not, you're not funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gee isn't that conceding defeat a wee bit? Why play the games Sar? I understand your logic, but it would never fly. If Mangini ever did that he'd lose so much respect in the eyes of his players. It shows that Mangini has no trust in his team and it will be a self-fufilling prophecy of defeat. What would happen to the fight this team had?

edit: I think maybe i took this thread a bit too seriously. oops.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    people now is scared of the Jags what is the world coming too

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I

The Jets are exceeding expectations, for sure, but we need more time for the rookie OL to gel and the running game to get on track. These are two elite NFL teams and we're not on the same level.

Critically, we need to get to 3-3 to have a chance to win the division. Beating Miami in three weeks is the priority. That's the game of the year right now. Have to have the Miami game.

So treat the next two weeks as preseason games. Get Clemens and Ramsey some work and let them hand off 80% of the time to force our running game into shape. Give Chad time to rest. We're going to need him in 100% condition for the scrub back-half schedule.

No need to risk injuring him, and a big opportunity to get the running game going in two games that are useless to us.

SAR I

Usually I agree with your ideas. But if you think we can make the playoffs, then why cant we have a chance at beating indy and jax? Your the one who always talks about parity and how any team can compete any given season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by manmrmoore
    people now is scared of the Jags what is the world coming too
    You really could say the same thing about the "bengals." Each team has there bad stretch but there is a lot of turnaround. I hardly think anyone is scared of there inept offense, but they have a solid defense. Also, they were a very underrated team last year and probably got the least hype out of all the playoff teams.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Let them play! Let them play! Let them play! Let them play!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I

After reading this a 2nd time. This might be the funniest, SAR thread ever.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is crazy talk!

Why in God's name bench the top QB in football? A 1-1 split these next 2 games is set in stone. We are going for both wins.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin
    I don't believe for a second that the Jets will win either of those games, but you're insane if you're being serious.

And if you're not, you're not funny.
    ahhh, me personally, i can call any other game objectively, like I give the Patriots zero shot against cincinnati. but, when the Jets play, i always think and hope the Jets can and will win. whether in our heads the Jets have a legit shot to beat indy is irrelevant. we need to be behind our team the whole time, and they need to believe they can do it. Super Bowl III, 41-0, The Midnight Miracle, the point is things can happen if you go out there and do you best and dont worry about whats supposed to happen. hell, i wouldnt be surprised if the fans of every team indy faces thinks like that and gives themselves a chance, and then they get steamrolled anyway, but i refuse to look at this game with that attitude. let it happen, if it does then ****, but you know what, crazier **** has happened than us beating the Indianapolis Colts. We'll win, I guarantee it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I

Taken to its logical conclusion, the teams that won on the previous week of the season would get a free pass versus all the teams that lost that week for the rest of the season and so on and so on....

How is the regime, the fans and the team going to able to measure progress if they refrain from putting their best players and plans to the test against the best opponents?

Beating Miami in three weeks is the priority. That's the game of the year right now. Have to have the Miami game.
    I am not enthusiastic about moral victories, I prefer quantifiable, actual victory.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah right, put in Clemens and Ramsey and have five turnovers in a heartbeat.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sar buddy please find your kwan hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have a pretty fair shot in this game, IMO.. Mangini was in on the blueprint that Belichick devised to neutralize Peyton Manning, and Addai reminds noone of Edgerrin James. Throw in the fact that it's a home game for a fan base starving for a winner, and a team that is beginning to believe in itself; they will feed off each other. This is a good recipe for a win if we can avoid an early deficit and continue to play turnover-free football. The Jaguars are more of a concern because of their physical dominance and the matchup problems they will create.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fellas....Don't you think you are putting a tad too much credence in this post!?!?!? It has no redeeming value whatsoever.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    your a loser

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR I is clown shoes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR,

Did you take your medication yet???