Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The official leave Pedro off of the NLDS roster thread

The official leave Pedro off of the NLDS roster thread

Anyone else with me?

Jets Insider VIP
    Sadly but yes...

Jets Insider VIP
    Any Mets fans here still glad we hung onto Milledge?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Anyone else with me?

Hey what happened to nyfuturestars forum. I try logging in and it wont let me.. And theres nowhere I can find how to contact administrator via email.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    Hey what happened to nyfuturestars forum. I try logging in and it wont let me.. And theres nowhere I can find how to contact administrator via email.
    They have a temp board set up

http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/

Jets Insider VIP
    They have a temp board set up

http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/

Hmm. It wont let me login. And I was not banned.

Hmm. It wont let me login. And I was not banned.
    Everyone had to reregister

Jets Insider VIP
    Everyone had to reregister
    ok Thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    This may sound crazy. But if Pedro cant go. If theres one guy who I think might step. No I'm not jumping on what the media says in Hernandez, but I have a gut feeling that Trachsel may step up.. Thats just my gut.

All League
    Anyone else with me?
    I understand where you're coming from, but who will we use instead ??

I think we have to keep Pedro out of necessity.

Maybe we go:

1) El Duque
    2) Glavine
    3) Trachsel
    4) Pedro

Or flip-flop 3 and 4.

Last edited by JetBidi; 09-28-2006 at 12:26 AM.

All League
    Any Mets fans here still glad we hung onto Milledge?
    I was opposed to keeping Milledge. Don't think he'll turn out to be a superstar just an above average player IMO. Should've gotten rid of him I think. We would've gotten better value before... I think he's worth a lot less now.

Mets were willing to deal Milledge to get Oswalt, which would have been great but didn't happen. Otherwise, I don't think there was much value out there, I didn't want to see them give up their top prospect to rent Zito for the playoffs., not sure they could have anyway

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    I was opposed to keeping Milledge. Don't think he'll turn out to be a superstar just an above average player IMO. Should've gotten rid of him I think. We would've gotten better value before... I think he's worth a lot less now.

I remember fans saying the same bull**** about Wright and Reyes.. Milledge won't be either but i don't think he'll be a slouch. Also there was no where we could UNLOAD milledge. A Zito rental is just stupid and Oswalt trade was not happening.

Retaining Milledge will allow us to fill our left fielding gap and sign Zito in the offseason.

I think Trachsel will step up his game this post season, I'm looking at him and Endy Chavez to be NY Met post season heros. Trachsel if anything to help that push for his final contract in the offseason, Endy because the man sweats clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    I understand where you're coming from, but who will we use instead ??

I think we have to keep Pedro out of necessity.

Maybe we go:

1) El Duque
    2) Glavine
    3) Trachsel
    4) Pedro

Or flip-flop 3 and 4.

Probably right there. That is the way the Mets should go. Unless of course Pedro goes into diva mode and decides that he can pitch game 1 then Willie will have no choice. I don't think though that after last nights performance Pedro has much of a leg to stand on.

The Mets and the Yankees along with their fans are going to be very unconfortable with Pedro and Johnson going in game 3's. Which are very pivotal games in a best of five series.

Banned
    im with ya...Pedro got rocked. He's done. Best years were in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    im with ya...Pedro got rocked. He's done. Best years were in Boston.
    Wouldn't count Pedro out in 2007, but for this year he is cooked.

No way he can regain his form in a week, it just isn't going to happen, he said himself he isn't healthy.

Banned

No way he can regain his form in a week, it just isn't going to happen, he said himself he isn't healthy.
    I wouldnt count him out either. However, he will never be what he was in Boston. All I remember is his E.R.A in the low 2's or high 1's, and his W total always in the high teens or mid teens. I dont see that from him anymore. How old is he now?

Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    I wouldnt count him out either. However, he will never be what he was in Boston. All I remember is his E.R.A in the low 2's or high 1's, and his W total always in the high teens or mid teens. I dont see that from him anymore. How old is he now?
    34 going on 43.

Anyway of course he is never going to be the guy he was with Boston, those years could be the greatest years that any pitcher in baseball history has put up.

He used to throw 97 now he is throwing 85.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by j-rome
    I remember fans saying the same bull**** about Wright and Reyes.. Milledge won't be either but i don't think he'll be a slouch. Also there was no where we could UNLOAD milledge. A Zito rental is just stupid and Oswalt trade was not happening.

Retaining Milledge will allow us to fill our left fielding gap and sign Zito in the offseason.

I think Trachsel will step up his game this post season, I'm looking at him and Endy Chavez to be NY Met post season heros. Trachsel if anything to help that push for his final contract in the offseason, Endy because the man sweats clutch.

When and who said that about reyes and wright, theyd have to be blind.. Wright made an instant impact. And although reyes had trouble hitting first, it was obvious how much upside he had.

Jets Insider VIP

Unless he turns back into Pedro. If any1 can change quick its him... Whats his real problem? His foot? I'm clueless when it comes to health but Cant they give him a cortizone shot or something?